MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.1

on 4/6/2009 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this the day I got it and immediately fell in love with it. I tend to get pretty oily at times and usually blot it away. Well, this time I used a little bit of the finishing powder and it immediately made all the shininess disappear! Itdoes not turn my face white or make it look powdery at all. It makes my face feel nice and smooth after I put it on. I defintely recommend it. Glad it's permanent!

on 5/12/2009 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this product. I have somewhat oliy skin and I did not have to touch up my face not even once during the day. Even after a long day iIwent to work out and it lasted. I declare my makeup did not move. This is a keeper. It is way better than MUFE HD powder and MAC's blotting powder. I used the MAC Prep and Prime powder on one side of my face and MUFE HD powder on the other side. I asked my husband which side he liked best and he said the MAC side because it gave my skin a glow. Ladies this is a must have product if you wear foundation or even if you don't.

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I love this! I purchased it after reading so many good reviews on here. I'm glad I did.

I have oily skin. I hate saying that but it's true. About 2 hours after I put my makeup on I usually look like a shiny disaster. Ew. Additionally, I HATE touching up my makeup. The way I see it, I spend enough time doing my makeup in the morning that I shouldn't have to think about it again for the rest of the day. My face does not see it that way. It is very high maintenance.

This product allows me to put my makeup on in the morning and basically ignore my face until I wash it at night. 8-10 hours later I am not shiny. I'm "dewy." It looks pretty, not gross.

on 6/8/2009 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Unfortunately, this powder did not work for me. It did nothing to keep my oily skin at bay; in fact, it made me oilier. After two days of wearing this, I developed small surface whiteheads in the area I had applied the powder (T-Zone). Needless to say, I will be returning this.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wonderful product for keeping my oily T-zone at bay! I like the packaging and the fact that a little bit of the product goes a long way. I have used this over foundation and it has worked well. It doesn't leave a white cast on the skin. The texture is very fine and silky. Would buy again!

on 12/16/2009 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product did not work for me.I am nc45 and although the product is a white powder it claimed it would be transparent.but when I used it I looked like I got into a fight with a bottle of baby powder.not cute.I returned it for skin finish instead

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

HG Powder! I'm a convert from Bare Escentuals mineral veil. If you like to set your makeup but don't want to appear that you're wearing any powder, then you'll love this stuff. It is an extremely fine-milled white powder that disappears into your skin while minimizing pores and shine. I don't feel it gives me as matte a finish as the mineral veil does, but I have really started to like a dewy finish more so I don't mind. I still use the mineral veil when I want a more made-up look, as it does a great job of making my skin look airbrushed, but Prep+Prime has taken it's place as my every day setting powder.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have given up all pigmented face powders for this one. Dusted over a bit of BB Skin Foundation it REALLY makes me look as though I'm not wearing anything at all. Though they are similar products, P& P gives a lighter, less matte, more natural looking finish than MUFE's HD finishing powder. I reserve the HD powder for when I know I'm going to be photographed. Worn over foundation, P & P finishes but adds zero color. Worn alone over moisturizer it softens imperfections and gives a very natural, semi matte finish.
P & P is definite HG material for those of us who like a very natural or no makeup look for daytime.

PS: Try peeling back the adhesive label only halfway and trimming the rest away. This prevents too much powder from being released into the shaker portion at one time. I use a smaller powder brush (my Armani blush brush works great) to pick up a bit of powder, then I tap it into the lid. I swirl, then tap again, then dust it lightly over my face.

on 3/2/2010 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

After reading the reviews for this product, I marched off to the MAC store to get a sample. I have very oily skin and the SA told me this is to set your make up. It is not for oil control. I have to agree with her.
This does nothing to prevent my skin from getting oily but it does keep my makeup in place which is nice. For darker skin tones, it really does blend into your skin and you only need a tiny amount. As everyone has mentioned, the sifter jar makes this a very messy application. Hopefully MAC will do something about that.

on 7/11/2010 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my HG powder. It's pricey (for me), at $22 USD for 9g of powder, but so worth it, as a little goes a long way and the product delivers what it promises. For reference, I am NW25, with dry/sensitive skin, and medium sized pores. I am not prone to breakouts, except the occasional monthly zit.

This powder looks like plain white cornstarch in the jar. It is very finely milled, and very light and soft. It has no fragrance, which I personally appreciate. The jar is your standard screw-top jar with a shaker dispenser type insert. This can be a little messy the first couple of times you use the powder, as so much comes out with only a small tap, and only a small amount is needed. Be very careful to tap lightly and open the lid slowly, tapping on top as you go so you don't lose product all over the vanity when you open the lid. Although the powder is stark white, it somehow blends right into my skin and doesn't leave a white cast or wash me out. It also does a FANTASTIC job of blurring/shrinking the appearance of pores, so it gives a nice soft focus finish. I have no idea how well this controls oil or shine, as this is not something I have any issue with. However, on the flipside, it can accentuate flaky/dry skin if your skin is not well moisturized, so take care to apply a good moisturizer (and primer) before your foundation. I apply it with a kabuki brush (ecotools retractable kabuki), as this is simply my brush of choice for loose powder. I "dot" it on first and then swirl and buff to spread it around and blend it in. The result is a soft focus, natural finish that is not chalky or powdery looking, and that plays well with blushes/highlighters/etc..

Have and will continue to repurchase. Excellent product.