MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is terribly cost prohibitive but it's an awesome powder absorbs oil the best of all loose powders & the pressed is equal to MAC Blot powder if not a little bit superior imo. MAC & Chanel make the best powders. P&P is my go to in the AM. Chanel ridiculously expensive it's absurd but MAC is more affordable than chanel (when do I not feel like saving $20?! I can buy a lipstick!) lastly you can back to MAC the empty containers 6 gets u a new lipstick!! 9g is stingy but hey you are always getting a fresh supply if ur a regular user. I haven't even panned my P&P pressed powder & I've had it since xmas but I don't use it every single day I'm rotating P&P loose & P&P pressed between my chanel, blot powder, studiofix & bareminerals. Don't try this unless you want to start a high end powder habit lol the DS stuff won't compare. It's so finely miled & controls oil. I apply it w my Laura mercier powder puff I feel like my brushes are mostly ineffectual i use cheap brushes thou. Spend all the cash on the products none on the applicators ha ha I do have a few MAC & chanel brushes. None that work well w this powder. :/ hmmm...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

You only need a small amount so the product should last a long time, makes the skin look smooth and mattifies the skin for a long time, best loose finishing powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder does what it's supposed to - works wonderful with all foundations I've tried. My face stays matte and smooth all day, and I don't feel the need to reapply during the day. It does not show off as a white cast, something I've struggled with when it comes to other transparent powders.I prefer the pressed powder over the loose one, basically because I feel like you get more control of the amount of product. I've repurchased this twice and I'm going to keep repurchasing it.

on 1/30/2015 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Apart from the occasion where i'm throwing a tantrum, this is my favourite finishing powder. I have tried them all, every powder in the world you can name. I like my skin to look like my skin, i tend to put this over some concealer and that will be it for my base and it makes me look flawless and MATTE. Use too much and you will have a slight white cast, but as soon as the wind blows and an hour passes, it just looks like you woke up like this.

Over any foundation, it keeps it matte, much better than Vichy or anything else talc-based which always irritates my skin and makes my face red for some reason. Even in the rain this baby holds and so you don't get an embarrassing white streaked face (if you just use plain arrowroot or cornflour, this happens).

I have really sensitive, acne prone, oily/combination skin, and this doesn't irritate (no redness or spots) and keeps me shine free pretty much all day. It's expensive, but there's a ton always being sold on ebay for less, so if you're feeling uncomfortable for forking out for something you are unfamiliar with, just get one on there and you can always pass it on!

As for the packaging, can people get over it, powder does get everywhere no matter what. I've never had a packaging for a powder that has somehow magically contained all the powder within the base. Even with the posh twisty things in some of Bourjois, Smashbox etc.

Lastly, this is very different from the pressed version for some reason. The pressed irritated me and didn't mattify as well or for as long at all... so if you're going for one or the other, i would choose this one.

on 11/12/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I purchased that at a CCO and have been in love ever since. I use this to set my concealer and my foundation. It's a smooth finish that keeps my make-up in place all day. Yes, I would pay full price for this.

on 1/24/2014 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has got to be my most re-purchased make up staple ever. I've gone through about 5 tubs of this. No matter how far I stray, I always come back to it because it does what its supposed to do perfectly. I usually use this powder to lock in my foundation and it never leaves a white cast - it blurs imperfections and allows my makeup to come through without mattifying it too much. I also like to pat this under the eye to prevent my eyeliner from budging. I use this on no makeup days when all I want to do is make my sunscreen look less shiny on my face. It's such a wonderful, versatile and effective product. Oh and it doesn't break you out either! You also get to use every single bit of this powder because the powder sift thingy can come apart, allowing you to really get to the bottom of the container. I would definitely repurchase, even though its a bit on the pricey side - reliable basics are just so hard to come by!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This powder is amazing! I dont like adding more coverage after applying foundation I just like to set.. this sets perfectly giving a soft focus effect imo. The container is a bit messy I don't carry this around with me but I dont find I need it after intial application. Would buy again but this literally lasts me forever!

Besides that it can be a little messy and it's not the cheapest; this is my best weapon in the summer against super oily skin. I LOVE it. It does help to absorb any shine coming on and also helps to keep any foundation I have on in place.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I apsolutely love this! I wear this with and without makeup, I find it makes my face so soft and natural looking and gets rid of my oil on my skin. It almost makes me speechless, I definitely recommend this!

on 6/7/2011 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was heartbroken because my favourite powder (the Blot loose) has become harder and harder to find (disc'd?).
I was going to repurchase MUFE HD silica powder, but on a whim I decided to try this P&P from MAC, in hopes it would come close to Blot...and I'm glad I did!
It looks totally translucent on me, melts in my skin and gives a great finish to my foundations. It seems to blur imperfections, and to keep me matte longer than I'd be otherwise.
I have nothing bad to say about this product, price is reasonable (wish the container was bigger like the loose Blot!), and it delivers.
I think it is better than MUFE HD in terms of oil control.