MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

on 8/31/2011 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder really did not do anything. It did not improve the look of my makeup, and it dried my skin out while providing no oil control. It's also expensive for being primarily corn starch and silica. I would recommend trying this before buying since I just did not have good luck with it like other people did.

on 5/24/2011 7:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product, sadly in as little as 6 hours my face broke out from it. I knew it was this because it was the only thing i did different to my morning routine. I am acne prone/oily skin, but never has a product made me break out so quickly. I guess my skin just didnt like this powder, will be taking this back as soon as i get the chance.

on 2/19/2010 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was disappointed in this product... I heard it would deflect light and give your skin an even look... even prevent oil..... but i tried a tiny bit and all it did was make my skin look extreamly dry and flaky.. i had to rinse it off immediately...

Wanted to love this product. The powder still looked a little white on me, which made me look super pale. It also gave me a cakey look on my face. Will stick to MAC Blot Powder!

on 11/1/2009 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hmmm, well, I'm in the minority on this one but I do have dry skin so that might explain why this didn't work for me. Just returned it today. Back to the drawing board for me on a translucent powder.

on 1/17/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When I applied this product the color of my foundation became darker. Also, it clung to the dry patches on my face. It does help control shine for a few hours but in this case the cons have outweighed the pros. Result: Will not be repurchasing.

on 11/14/2010 3:52:00 PM

I have combination to oily skin and after an hour or so my t zone was really greasy. As a primer it was ok, but as a finishing powder I didn't find it held up with my skin type. Won't be buying again. Wish this led up to the hype.

on 5/2/2009 10:53:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been dying to try MUFE HD Powder, but just haven't gotten around to getting it. When I was in my local Macy's recently, I noticed this little powder, so I immediately went to the MAC counter. I asked the SA if this was pretty much MAC's version of the HD powder, and she said yes. So I bought it immediately.

Anyway, I really should I have tried it out first. I am a very pale PPP, emphasis on very pale, so I figured the white would just blend in and it would be come translucent. Unfortunately, no matter how much I blended, I always had a white-ish cast to my skin. Even my friend noticed in the daylight. I think I'm just so pale (with pinkish-undertones) that anything white on my skin would immediately stand out. So unfortunately, for me, the MAC powder is going back, and I'm sticking to my Tarte Mineral Powder or MAC Blot. But I have no regrets in trying it, and hope it works for someone else! I think it's a great idea- just not for me!

on 3/11/2015 5:43:00 AM

Perfect powder for setting my foundation! Soft, light and velvety, applies smoothly and the overall finish doesn't cake or feel heavy. No complaints for basic everyday use :-) However... I will only use this powder for daytime wear to work, as it helps my foundation last throughout the day. For all the other times (nights out/special occasions) I avoid this product completely. Flash photography will leave you with a ghostly white flashback face :-( which is a real shame as this is actually a really good powder. Apart from this one flaw I have found, I would still recommend this product to anyone looking for a good finishing powder as it does the job and it is perfect for daytime wear! Just beware of the flash ;-) xo

on 7/6/2012 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to get a handle on these types of light loose powders, and this one is no exception. It feels really cool to the touch, and I can see how it smooths the skin when I swatch it, but I can't seem to get a hang of application. I've used all types of brushes - natural, synthetic, duo fibre, fluffy, dense - and invariably they cause a big cloud of flour-like mess and don't make a huge difference in the appearance of my make-up. For me, it's just not worth the messy application and the time spent to apply. I also hate the packaging - there are way too many holes that are way too big, and powder inevitable sifts up during storage, even if I try my best to not turn it upside down. Like I said, it's just not worth the bother for me. I'm trying the pressed version now.