MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is terribly cost prohibitive but it's an awesome powder absorbs oil the best of all loose powders & the pressed is equal to MAC Blot powder if not a little bit superior imo. MAC & Chanel make the best powders. P&P is my go to in the AM. Chanel ridiculously expensive it's absurd but MAC is more affordable than chanel (when do I not feel like saving $20?! I can buy a lipstick!) lastly you can back to MAC the empty containers 6 gets u a new lipstick!! 9g is stingy but hey you are always getting a fresh supply if ur a regular user. I haven't even panned my P&P pressed powder & I've had it since xmas but I don't use it every single day I'm rotating P&P loose & P&P pressed between my chanel, blot powder, studiofix & bareminerals. Don't try this unless you want to start a high end powder habit lol the DS stuff won't compare. It's so finely miled & controls oil. I apply it w my Laura mercier powder puff I feel like my brushes are mostly ineffectual i use cheap brushes thou. Spend all the cash on the products none on the applicators ha ha I do have a few MAC & chanel brushes. None that work well w this powder. :/ hmmm...

on 1/17/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When I applied this product the color of my foundation became darker. Also, it clung to the dry patches on my face. It does help control shine for a few hours but in this case the cons have outweighed the pros. Result: Will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

You only need a small amount so the product should last a long time, makes the skin look smooth and mattifies the skin for a long time, best loose finishing powder.

on 3/11/2015 5:43:00 AM

Perfect powder for setting my foundation! Soft, light and velvety, applies smoothly and the overall finish doesn't cake or feel heavy. No complaints for basic everyday use :-) However... I will only use this powder for daytime wear to work, as it helps my foundation last throughout the day. For all the other times (nights out/special occasions) I avoid this product completely. Flash photography will leave you with a ghostly white flashback face :-( which is a real shame as this is actually a really good powder. Apart from this one flaw I have found, I would still recommend this product to anyone looking for a good finishing powder as it does the job and it is perfect for daytime wear! Just beware of the flash ;-) xo

on 2/20/2015 9:55:00 AM

I wanted something to set my new Holy Grail foundation, the stuff I used to set my makeup with didn't work, as it was just a normal face powder. So I found myself here.
I chose the MAC one because I vaguely remember it having very good reviews and I needed it quickly. MAC doesn't disappoint with products like this!

Packaging- The packing of the transparent powder is a standard loose powder container, the bulk of the product is held in the 'bottom' of the contain, on top is a shelf with holes poked through so product can sit on top of it, making sure you don't get too much on your brush. Very practical!

Formula- The formula of the of the powder reminds me of talc powder.Its white, it's very silky, very smooth and feels like velvet, its also thin and goes a long way so you need much, which means you won't run out quickly.

Wear/Feel- As I said, I brought this set my very liquidy foundation which I found hard set the usual way I tend to set foundation. I apply this with a real techniques powder brush. If there is some in the lid of the product I swirl my brush around it or in the top shelf. This gets the right amount of product on the brush. It was easy to apply, simply sweet it on and add more to the places that have shine if you wish to take away shine. Loads of people have been saying that it creates a white cast, thats because they have applied to much. This does not create a white cast on me at all. I also apply my bronzer on top of this, then use setting spray after. I generally think this is meant to set FOUNDATION and not much else. But that is what I wanted. Don't put to much on and you'll be fine :) I'm not sure how well it deals with darker skin but its honestly fab on light skin.
I love using this to set my eye makeup also, just brush a small amount over eyeshadow or eyeliner and it will stay in place ALL day.
Price-20.50 which I am totally happy to pay for.

Overall- I will be repurchasing this when it runs out, its now part of my everyday makeup routine. There is also a pressed version of this which I may try also. This is great for foundation that is difficult to set!

Update- My skin at the minute seems to go crazy when ever I apply MAC to it, whether it be this or any of their foundation. The powder did break me out and made my face extremely itchy, and I have stopped using it, I have since started using BareMinerals Mineral Veil for me its better as it doesnt break out. However I am still keeping this in my makeup collection, its fab for setting foundation that just wont set with other powders or by there selves and is perfect for setting eye makeup! Please MAC remove harmful chemicals?! You will get a lot more trade if you do.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder does what it's supposed to - works wonderful with all foundations I've tried. My face stays matte and smooth all day, and I don't feel the need to reapply during the day. It does not show off as a white cast, something I've struggled with when it comes to other transparent powders.I prefer the pressed powder over the loose one, basically because I feel like you get more control of the amount of product. I've repurchased this twice and I'm going to keep repurchasing it.

on 1/30/2015 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Apart from the occasion where i'm throwing a tantrum, this is my favourite finishing powder. I have tried them all, every powder in the world you can name. I like my skin to look like my skin, i tend to put this over some concealer and that will be it for my base and it makes me look flawless and MATTE. Use too much and you will have a slight white cast, but as soon as the wind blows and an hour passes, it just looks like you woke up like this.

Over any foundation, it keeps it matte, much better than Vichy or anything else talc-based which always irritates my skin and makes my face red for some reason. Even in the rain this baby holds and so you don't get an embarrassing white streaked face (if you just use plain arrowroot or cornflour, this happens).

I have really sensitive, acne prone, oily/combination skin, and this doesn't irritate (no redness or spots) and keeps me shine free pretty much all day. It's expensive, but there's a ton always being sold on ebay for less, so if you're feeling uncomfortable for forking out for something you are unfamiliar with, just get one on there and you can always pass it on!

As for the packaging, can people get over it, powder does get everywhere no matter what. I've never had a packaging for a powder that has somehow magically contained all the powder within the base. Even with the posh twisty things in some of Bourjois, Smashbox etc.

Lastly, this is very different from the pressed version for some reason. The pressed irritated me and didn't mattify as well or for as long at all... so if you're going for one or the other, i would choose this one.

on 11/12/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I purchased that at a CCO and have been in love ever since. I use this to set my concealer and my foundation. It's a smooth finish that keeps my make-up in place all day. Yes, I would pay full price for this.

on 1/24/2014 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has got to be my most re-purchased make up staple ever. I've gone through about 5 tubs of this. No matter how far I stray, I always come back to it because it does what its supposed to do perfectly. I usually use this powder to lock in my foundation and it never leaves a white cast - it blurs imperfections and allows my makeup to come through without mattifying it too much. I also like to pat this under the eye to prevent my eyeliner from budging. I use this on no makeup days when all I want to do is make my sunscreen look less shiny on my face. It's such a wonderful, versatile and effective product. Oh and it doesn't break you out either! You also get to use every single bit of this powder because the powder sift thingy can come apart, allowing you to really get to the bottom of the container. I would definitely repurchase, even though its a bit on the pricey side - reliable basics are just so hard to come by!

on 11/25/2012 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Against my better judgement, I pulled the whole sticky off the sifter instead of just poking holes in it. Now literally half the jar is in the top of the sifter. This is a good setting powder, no flash back, no white cast (if you actually blend it), the only thing I dont like is the price and smell. Smells awful! I have a feeling this will last for a long time, but even if runs out I most likely wont repurchase it.