MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by hair type : Straight
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product. I live in a very windy city with harsh weather conditions that usually wreck my makeup immediately as I step out of my building. This powder however stays where it should throughout the walk to/ whole day at the office. It gives my face a nice blurred finish evening out the skin tone almost like a portable instafilter. I've noticed that my skin looks much better in photos with this stuff on too, more even and glowy.

As others have pointed out, the packaging is a bit messy and if you carry it around it's quite easy to spill, but the price is fair (even here in Sweden) and I'm definitely buying again.

on 9/18/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

pros:
- blurs the skin's texture
- gives that soft finish i really enjoy
- extends the wear of my foundation

cons:
- expensive
- very small amount (only 9g to a jar - MUFE loose powder is 10g and covergirl is 20g)

repurchase: yes, it's the best loose powder i've used thus far.

on 1/24/2015 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After using so many setting powders (mufe hd, urban decay, tarte, too faced) and not being impressed by any.. I went to mac for a cheaper alternative and found this. Honestly didn't expect much from it but wow, this keeps me matte for hours on end. I have the oiliest skin (as in I do my makeup at 7 am and already have to blot and re powder by 9 am), not with this. Definitely will be repurchasing.

on 11/1/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just bought this powder recently to try and battle oiliness throughout the day, and so far it totally does the trick! I hate touching up after I leave the house in the morning and this keeps me shine-free and my foundation in place all day. My only qualm is it is a bit messy, difficult to get the right amount out of the bottom reservoir without it exploding on my vanity.

on 5/9/2014 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Loooooove this powder!!!!!
It makes my makeup last much longer, my skin looks beautiful with it!
I have an oily T-zone, so during the day i start to "shine". When using this it doesn't happend with me and my makeup stays perfect!
It looks white, but when you set on your skin it disappears completly, very safe to use!
I don't get that "white mask" visual on my makeup, even when retouching.
My skin feels very soft with it too, the imperfections turn into less visible ones, or no visible at all.
This is something that i can't be without when i want that perfect makeup.
I don't use it everyday, but there wouldn't be a problem if i did.
I like to use this under my eyes too, so the concealer last longer and doesn't get into the fine lines.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a great finishing powder, it sets make up really well and keeps shininess at bay. It also does a good job veiling pores. It can look white and powdery at first but it settles in nicely and blends in.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I reviewed this product before but I feel like I should do a better review - with pro's and con's.

Okay, so this loose powder has been my go to powder this entire year. I like it because it makes my foundation last a little longer and it looks natural. Not shimmery or too cakey. I'm pretty sure this will work for the most skintypes.

Pro's:
-Looks natrual
-Makes your foundation stay for at least 9 hours
-Not shimmery or cakey
-Doesn't look "dry" if you know what I mean

Con's:
-Pretty expensive

I don't speak perfect English, I'm from Sweden.

on 1/3/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this powder and have repurchased it 3x. It's great for setting foundation and I like that it's translucent and doesn't add color to my foundation. I have combo-oily skin and while this doesn't provide that totally matte look, it gives a really nice, clean, natural finish.
The older I get, the more I veer away from the made up, matte skin look and am more inclined towards a healthy, glowy finish. This powder gives me that effect!. I notice my foundations last longer with this and doesn't slide around or settle into my pores. I get shiny in my t-zone area after 3-4 hours but it's not an oily look so I'm ok with that. A little goes a long way and one jar lasts me about 4-5 months, with ever day usage.

The best face powder for controlling oily skin I've tried so far. It smoothes out my skin beautifully, controls the oil very well and leaves the skin with a very natural looking matte finish - not too powdery at all, and the powder itself is very fine. The oil does break through my makeup after a couple of hours, but this powder definitely slows down the "process".
As for the packaging, as long as you don't peel of the whole cover, but just poke a few holes in it with a needle as many have syggested, you can easily avoid getting powder flying everywhere. It is a bit pricy, yes, but concidering how good it is, it's definitely worth every penny. I will definitely buy this again once I run out of it.

A very good product which does exactly what it is expected to: stops you from getting oily. I don't have super greasy skin but I do get oilier time to time. The product does its job, and keeps me happy for the whole day.
I use a cotton puff to apply but always tap the access off.
Another advantage is transparency. You don't have to worry about the shade.
The only slight minus is immobility, and it gets messy sometimes too. That's why I am using the pressed version if need to take the power with me.