MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.2

on 4/21/2017 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

It's definitely not transparent in a flash photo! I appreciate that this product is for sensitive skin and eyes, but the photo flash-back is a deal-breaker.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product. I live in a very windy city with harsh weather conditions that usually wreck my makeup immediately as I step out of my building. This powder however stays where it should throughout the walk to/ whole day at the office. It gives my face a nice blurred finish evening out the skin tone almost like a portable instafilter. I've noticed that my skin looks much better in photos with this stuff on too, more even and glowy.

As others have pointed out, the packaging is a bit messy and if you carry it around it's quite easy to spill, but the price is fair (even here in Sweden) and I'm definitely buying again.

I bought this to set my foundation and it does just that, it really made it stay in place. But I'm not huge fan of powders so I don't use it every day, only when I feel like it. The only thing I REALLY hate about this product is the packaging. I hate loose powders. It gets messy and I feel like a lot of it comes out and it is a wate of product for me. They do make a pressed powder in this which would be better for me, but I haven't made the effort to go get it yet. But the price isn't that bad in my opinion, compared to others.

on 9/18/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

pros:
- blurs the skin's texture
- gives that soft finish i really enjoy
- extends the wear of my foundation

cons:
- expensive
- very small amount (only 9g to a jar - MUFE loose powder is 10g and covergirl is 20g)

repurchase: yes, it's the best loose powder i've used thus far.

on 1/24/2015 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After using so many setting powders (mufe hd, urban decay, tarte, too faced) and not being impressed by any.. I went to mac for a cheaper alternative and found this. Honestly didn't expect much from it but wow, this keeps me matte for hours on end. I have the oiliest skin (as in I do my makeup at 7 am and already have to blot and re powder by 9 am), not with this. Definitely will be repurchasing.

on 11/1/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just bought this powder recently to try and battle oiliness throughout the day, and so far it totally does the trick! I hate touching up after I leave the house in the morning and this keeps me shine-free and my foundation in place all day. My only qualm is it is a bit messy, difficult to get the right amount out of the bottom reservoir without it exploding on my vanity.

on 5/9/2014 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Loooooove this powder!!!!!
It makes my makeup last much longer, my skin looks beautiful with it!
I have an oily T-zone, so during the day i start to "shine". When using this it doesn't happend with me and my makeup stays perfect!
It looks white, but when you set on your skin it disappears completly, very safe to use!
I don't get that "white mask" visual on my makeup, even when retouching.
My skin feels very soft with it too, the imperfections turn into less visible ones, or no visible at all.
This is something that i can't be without when i want that perfect makeup.
I don't use it everyday, but there wouldn't be a problem if i did.
I like to use this under my eyes too, so the concealer last longer and doesn't get into the fine lines.

on 2/25/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is the same as using corn flour on a powder puff. The texture is horrible, it leaves white streaks everywhere, it is un-absorbing and dehydrating on the skin.
Unless your foundation is very wet when applied, I do not see how this product can properly work.

The packaging was not good either, even though I pierced through the plastic for the number of holes I wanted, too much always spilt out.

on 1/28/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love these translucent finishing powders. They are great to use all year round and you can save money and time because you don't need to find a separate powder for each season to match skin tone as it changes - this works for me whether I'm paler or more tan (not that it actually stops me from buying more make-up because I'm a product junkie, but in theory it could. . .). I apply this with a large, fluffy powder brush - usually my MUFE Lg Powder brush - which gives me a thin even layer, then blend it out. It looks white for a few seconds then becomes colourless. I also pat this under my eyes, with a concealer setting brush because the powder is non-drying yet sets concealer perfectly

I like that it doesn't completely mattifify skin, so your skin still looks like real, natural skin - but seems to keep my face shine-free (I have an oily t-zone) all day, minimizes the appearance of pores, and also helps my make-up last for hours longer than it would without. I always check my skin in natural light after doing my make-up, as I hate seeing any demarcation/powdery look, and prefer a natural looking skin and this looks amazing! It blurs any flaws and does not look dry/cakey or powder-like at all! It seems to just melt into skin and looks like absolutely nothing is on your face. It also makes your skin feel sooo soft. It doesn't ever cake when you touch up and doesn't look heavy.

I always keep a back-up, even though one jar lasts me 6-8 months if not more. The only thing I don't like is the messy container but I I transfer a small amount to a travel-friendly brush that holds powder in an attached jar at the bottom so I can touch-up if needed. I also use the MUFE HD powder, which I like a tiny bit better because it seems more finely-milled and silkier than the MAC. The ELF HD powder version is great as well. I alternate a few brands and the differences between them are very minimal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a great finishing powder, it sets make up really well and keeps shininess at bay. It also does a good job veiling pores. It can look white and powdery at first but it settles in nicely and blends in.