MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by hair type : Other
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.5

This is terribly cost prohibitive but it's an awesome powder absorbs oil the best of all loose powders & the pressed is equal to MAC Blot powder if not a little bit superior imo. MAC & Chanel make the best powders. P&P is my go to in the AM. Chanel ridiculously expensive it's absurd but MAC is more affordable than chanel (when do I not feel like saving $20?! I can buy a lipstick!) lastly you can back to MAC the empty containers 6 gets u a new lipstick!! 9g is stingy but hey you are always getting a fresh supply if ur a regular user. I haven't even panned my P&P pressed powder & I've had it since xmas but I don't use it every single day I'm rotating P&P loose & P&P pressed between my chanel, blot powder, studiofix & bareminerals. Don't try this unless you want to start a high end powder habit lol the DS stuff won't compare. It's so finely miled & controls oil. I apply it w my Laura mercier powder puff I feel like my brushes are mostly ineffectual i use cheap brushes thou. Spend all the cash on the products none on the applicators ha ha I do have a few MAC & chanel brushes. None that work well w this powder. :/ hmmm...

Incredible stuff. Makes my oily skin spotless and matte all day.
You only need a tiny amount, this stuff will last forever.
It helps blur redness and uneven skin.
Packaging can be a tad messy, but very minimal.
Best powder I've used thus far, I've tried em all.

on 6/7/2015 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Quite shocked that I haven't reviewed this as this was one of the very first products I swapped for when I started here on makeupalley. This powder is everything! I used to use it in conjunction with the MAC prep+prime primer but I never repurchased when that finished. This product lasts a long time. I think the reason why I do not reach for it all the time is my travel schedule. My pressed powders get all the love when I travel for obvious reasons. One tip of the container and I have a huge mess. Anyway, I love the finish this gives my makeup. I am MAC NW45 so pretty dark and delicious. This blends seamlessly and does not make me look ashy or give my pictures a white cast. As a matter of fact, I am of the opinion that this sets my makeup so beautifully that I always look better with this on my face than I do with the blot powder. For some reason I do not think the particles in the blot powder are as fine as the ones in this one. This noticeably reduces shine associated with my oily skin and it the perfect finish before blush and lip gloss. I will certainly repurchase, I recently got the pressed version for travel as I think I am done with blot powder once I finish my current one.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this primer!!! That's all I have to say about that. Haha. My skin looks flawless and perfect after I've applied this. The loose powder is a bit messy though. I was so afraid of dropping the product all over my floor the whole time I used it, and one time I actually did but I reacted fast so I could save it. Although I lost some to the floor :( But now when I know that they've done a pressed powder, I will totally buy that!

Oh my god, words can't describe how much i've fallen for this product! I've seen a lot of bad reveiws for it and i can't see whats not to love. For ages i've loved the whole dewy shine look but after using this it took all my shine away and just give me doll like skin absolutely flawless it smoothed out my skin and felt so soft. I just added Vanilla pigment onto my cheek bone for that night time shine i love. Recommend this for oily skin! <3

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I love this product I have it in Golden Bronze and it is the best thing EVER!! i dont know how i lived without this poduct for so long. The only thing that needs a little work is the packaging. If youre not careful you can really make a mess. But overall its great!!

This is truly my HG of powders. I tried many loose powders on the market but this works best, i am alreay at my 5 powder box. It settles the makeup quite good and the skin looks really smooth with this. It hides my big pores and fine eye lines as well.
The only downsides are that the packaging can be really messy (You have to be very careful because the powder can get everywhere) and the high prize, i will keep buying this product though because of the good results.

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Great product!

I have fair, sensitive skin with oily t-zone. Since using this product I no longer have to constantly touch up my make-up. To prevent a "white" look, I use this product after moisturizer BEFORE foundation.

I purchased this product over two months ago and the container is almost as full as when originally purchased.

I truly love this! I was really excited to try this because of all the reviews I read. When I first used it with a brush I saw right away that it mattified my face. I use it right after I apply my make up and my skin gets oily maybe half an hour after application. It's such a pain in the butt becaus I'd have to blot maybe every hour and reapply my powder. But! Now that I use this, I don't even need to use those blotting sheets. I found it it works better when I use a mattifying primer underneath it ( I don't wear foundation) than with just bare skin. It's excellent at mattifying and keeping my makeup in place. I'm so glad and I'm so unbelievably amazed! So far it hasn't broke me out yet either :)

on 2/6/2011 12:06:00 PM

I love this product! I wear it over Mac Mineralize Foundation just on my tzone and I have no oil at all anymore!! I've never tried MUFE so I can't compare but this one does the trick