MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is terribly cost prohibitive but it's an awesome powder absorbs oil the best of all loose powders & the pressed is equal to MAC Blot powder if not a little bit superior imo. MAC & Chanel make the best powders. P&P is my go to in the AM. Chanel ridiculously expensive it's absurd but MAC is more affordable than chanel (when do I not feel like saving $20?! I can buy a lipstick!) lastly you can back to MAC the empty containers 6 gets u a new lipstick!! 9g is stingy but hey you are always getting a fresh supply if ur a regular user. I haven't even panned my P&P pressed powder & I've had it since xmas but I don't use it every single day I'm rotating P&P loose & P&P pressed between my chanel, blot powder, studiofix & bareminerals. Don't try this unless you want to start a high end powder habit lol the DS stuff won't compare. It's so finely miled & controls oil. I apply it w my Laura mercier powder puff I feel like my brushes are mostly ineffectual i use cheap brushes thou. Spend all the cash on the products none on the applicators ha ha I do have a few MAC & chanel brushes. None that work well w this powder. :/ hmmm...

on 7/6/2017 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i used this for years, but i feel like i'm losing my 'youthful glow' and need something a bit more brightening now.
if i don't find anything better i will do back to it because it's pretty decent.

on 12/26/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing powder - this sets make up really well and gives a wonderful finish, particularly for photos! Transparent too so never looks cakey or affects foundation. You can never apply too much!

on 4/19/2016 4:06:00 AM

This powder did not break me out.

It definitely mattifies. Mattifies too much in fact. I'm quite oily especially in the t-zone. I certainly don't want to look greasy but I also don't want to look so matte that there's ZERO natural shine or luminosity to my face. This is not a flattering powder. This makes me look old and eliminates any youthful glow to my skin, not that my skin is perfect or anything, it's so far from that.

I don't understand the hype and rave reviews. If you want natural looking makeup or dewy finish, don't go for this.

It is one of Mac products that doesn't disappoint me. I use this to finish my makeup, dusting lightly all over my face. It helps my makeup look flawless, especially in pictures.

However, always remember to dust this powder only as much as you need (more than that can be a disaster). This is a finishing powder, so when dusted too much it might leave white cast that will not be apparent in real person (but shows up in pictures, yikes!).

I do sometimes use this as my setting powder (and again, only VERY lightly dusted). I know people raved so much about Elf HD powder, but after using both products for a while, I dare to say this powder is still superior. Mac one is more finely milled compared to Elf (I could still find big powder particles from Elf which sometimes were left behind on my face).

If you can afford it, go with this powder.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Bought this on a whim last year when searching for a decent translucent powder.

Pros:
- quite good at setting your makeup.
- price isn't too bad compared to the costs of other high-end powders.
- does make my skin look more smoothed out.
- has lasted me almost a year!

Cons:
- not too keen on the packaging. Had to take the sifter out in order to get to product that had gotten stuck around the sides.
- doesn't leave a white cast on your face that you can physically see. However, it's a bit noticeable in flash photography. It's good to use in the daytime but not on a night out or when you're at an event where people will be taking pictures.
- not that great on my oily skin, face starts to get shiny after about 3-4 hours. I find it need to use another powder as well as this to make my face makeup last all day. I think this is better suited to people with normal skin.

I used all of the product and did like it a little. However not enough to repurchase - I am still on the hunt for a decent translucent power.

Incredible stuff. Makes my oily skin spotless and matte all day.
You only need a tiny amount, this stuff will last forever.
It helps blur redness and uneven skin.
Packaging can be a tad messy, but very minimal.
Best powder I've used thus far, I've tried em all.

Does a really good job at smoothing out find lines and pores. I have repurchased. Just wish it held up longer on my oily skin. But that's a struggle I battle with all makeup. I love this!

on 3/11/2015 5:43:00 AM

Perfect powder for setting my foundation! Soft, light and velvety, applies smoothly and the overall finish doesn't cake or feel heavy. No complaints for basic everyday use :-) However... I will only use this powder for daytime wear to work, as it helps my foundation last throughout the day. For all the other times (nights out/special occasions) I avoid this product completely. Flash photography will leave you with a ghostly white flashback face :-( which is a real shame as this is actually a really good powder. Apart from this one flaw I have found, I would still recommend this product to anyone looking for a good finishing powder as it does the job and it is perfect for daytime wear! Just beware of the flash ;-) xo

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder does what it's supposed to - works wonderful with all foundations I've tried. My face stays matte and smooth all day, and I don't feel the need to reapply during the day. It does not show off as a white cast, something I've struggled with when it comes to other transparent powders.I prefer the pressed powder over the loose one, basically because I feel like you get more control of the amount of product. I've repurchased this twice and I'm going to keep repurchasing it.