MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a great finishing powder, it sets make up really well and keeps shininess at bay. It also does a good job veiling pores. It can look white and powdery at first but it settles in nicely and blends in.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I reviewed this product before but I feel like I should do a better review - with pro's and con's.

Okay, so this loose powder has been my go to powder this entire year. I like it because it makes my foundation last a little longer and it looks natural. Not shimmery or too cakey. I'm pretty sure this will work for the most skintypes.

Pro's:
-Looks natrual
-Makes your foundation stay for at least 9 hours
-Not shimmery or cakey
-Doesn't look "dry" if you know what I mean

Con's:
-Pretty expensive

I don't speak perfect English, I'm from Sweden.

I love this powder. I use it over foundation or on its own. It makes your skin look matt and velvety and feel lovely and soft. I buy backups of this product because the thought of running out of it makes me nervous!

on 2/3/2013 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great powder which I use to set my MAC studio fix fluid foundation. Feels silky and keeps my oil prone T-zone all day! I'm a NW20-25 and on me, this powders looks invisible (unlike other transluscent powders i've tried which can look 'caked' and make my skin look ashen). Only negative point is that it's not very travel friendly due to the holes in the inner packaging, meaning the powder ends up everywhere! It doesn't really bother me though as I apply once in the morning and my face looks flawless all day! Another great product from MAC :-)

on 1/4/2012 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Holy smokes! Why haven't I purchased this sooner???????? I was on the hunt for a really good setting powder to set my foundation/concealer and I tried several diff kinds before MAC. I tried Chanel, Korres, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Covergirl, L'Oreal, etc you name it, i tried it. From cheap to expensive and everything in between. I went to my local MAC counter and just browsing I saw this on the display counter and asked the SA about it. She said it's the best for setting any makeup and i thought- yeah right. just like everyone else told me. Well, I decided to fork out the money -again- to see if it's really true. To my delight, I was really shocked to see how well it performed. It set my foundation and concealer perfectly and made my skin absolutely FLAWLESS! It covered all my large pores and made them literally disappear! The staying power was awesome and it lasted all day throughout the night til i took it off. A little goes a long way and I use this w/ a mac's flat large eyeshadow brush for the best coverage. I am so happy to find this and I will definitely will repurchase

on 8/1/2011 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really like this powder!
When I had dry skin on the cheeks but oily t-zone, this powder wasn't enough to control the shine, so I used the Blot Powder on the t-zone (this is not as finely milled, and therefore slightly noticeable). What actually impressed me about it was that it didn't make my dry cheeks drier, so I do believe that people with dry skin would like this. It has also never made my sensitive skin break out.
Right now i have normal/dry skin, and don't need to use any other powder than this over my foundation, and do not end up oily in the evening.
This powder is very finely milled. Some people were complaining about it flying everywhere, but that's not really a problem I get. Even though it's white, it doesn't give me a ghost-face, and is hard to overdo. I have now had it for 5 months, and still have about 1/3 of the box left, if not even a little more, so I think it's economical. ***Update: it took me 4 years to finish! Love it though :)***

I like to use it with the very soft Ultimate Retractable Kabuki Brush (highly recommended) from lucyminerals.com. With this brush, I can even swirl the powder into my foundation without ruining it. This makes my foundation last longer that with the powder sitting on top of it.
This doesn't make my face matt, but rather gives it a very nice natural glow, while not containing any shimmer. Since it's so finely milled, it doesn't make my face look powdered. It covers pores very nicely - my face looks so much smoother with this :)
I do believe that there's more powders similar to this out there, but this is a good one, so I will still give it a 5.
Don't know why this gives some people a whit cast - it hasn't happened to me, even when I was NC30 in MAC...

on 7/2/2011 5:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is amazing stuff. I had been wearing MUFE's version and wore this one day instead. My friend had been telling me all week that I looked sick, and the one day I wore this she commented on how great (and naturally healthy!!!) I looked. This was the first time she's given me a positive comment on my complexion (I'm very pale with dark circles so I look sick most of the time!!).

Anyway, I also wore this whilst seeing my brother and sister-in-law and they also commented on how healthy I looked (this is the first time my brother has complimented me in my 28 yrs)!!

Even though this costs me three times as much as the MUFE version, it's performance is amazing and well worth it. In Australia this costs $42 for a tiny container, but is the best lose powder I've ever tried (and I've tried at least 30 of them). It sets my makeup perfectly and makes me look so healthy- no chalky face here! IT'S AMAZING STUFF!!!!

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Great product!

I have fair, sensitive skin with oily t-zone. Since using this product I no longer have to constantly touch up my make-up. To prevent a "white" look, I use this product after moisturizer BEFORE foundation.

I purchased this product over two months ago and the container is almost as full as when originally purchased.

on 7/11/2010 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my HG powder. It's pricey (for me), at $22 USD for 9g of powder, but so worth it, as a little goes a long way and the product delivers what it promises. For reference, I am NW25, with dry/sensitive skin, and medium sized pores. I am not prone to breakouts, except the occasional monthly zit.

This powder looks like plain white cornstarch in the jar. It is very finely milled, and very light and soft. It has no fragrance, which I personally appreciate. The jar is your standard screw-top jar with a shaker dispenser type insert. This can be a little messy the first couple of times you use the powder, as so much comes out with only a small tap, and only a small amount is needed. Be very careful to tap lightly and open the lid slowly, tapping on top as you go so you don't lose product all over the vanity when you open the lid. Although the powder is stark white, it somehow blends right into my skin and doesn't leave a white cast or wash me out. It also does a FANTASTIC job of blurring/shrinking the appearance of pores, so it gives a nice soft focus finish. I have no idea how well this controls oil or shine, as this is not something I have any issue with. However, on the flipside, it can accentuate flaky/dry skin if your skin is not well moisturized, so take care to apply a good moisturizer (and primer) before your foundation. I apply it with a kabuki brush (ecotools retractable kabuki), as this is simply my brush of choice for loose powder. I "dot" it on first and then swirl and buff to spread it around and blend it in. The result is a soft focus, natural finish that is not chalky or powdery looking, and that plays well with blushes/highlighters/etc..

Have and will continue to repurchase. Excellent product.

Love this stuff. Sets my MU perfectly. Great on days when I don;t want to wear much. Can be a bit messy. If this had an SPF I would be in heaven.