MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

3.9

on 8/31/2011 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder really did not do anything. It did not improve the look of my makeup, and it dried my skin out while providing no oil control. It's also expensive for being primarily corn starch and silica. I would recommend trying this before buying since I just did not have good luck with it like other people did.

on 6/8/2009 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Unfortunately, this powder did not work for me. It did nothing to keep my oily skin at bay; in fact, it made me oilier. After two days of wearing this, I developed small surface whiteheads in the area I had applied the powder (T-Zone). Needless to say, I will be returning this.

on 2/25/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is the same as using corn flour on a powder puff. The texture is horrible, it leaves white streaks everywhere, it is un-absorbing and dehydrating on the skin.
Unless your foundation is very wet when applied, I do not see how this product can properly work.

The packaging was not good either, even though I pierced through the plastic for the number of holes I wanted, too much always spilt out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I realy don,t understand why so many women love this powder! I have a medium skintone and when i use this on my face even the slightes amount of powder turns me in to Caspar the friendly ghost..My daughter has fair skintone and when she uses it she turns paler and looks ill.I use a little under the eyes after putting on eyecream but actualy i don,t like that effect either.No,this is not for me!

on 1/8/2010 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It's too dry for my combo skin in the winter. I don't really like it.
Well I've been trying a fews of loose powder as well, they gave me the same result. So maybe it was my skin that has a problem after all, I'm not sure.

on 7/8/2012 8:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The powder was really fine that my skin looked super soft and flawless after applying, though this also meant that the powder easily blew off when I opened the casing. The holes in the case were too large compared to the particles that it wastes a lot of the product when I tap the excess powder off my powder brush. It didn't leave a tell-tale white cast on my skin, which was great, but it made my sensitive skin feel a bit itchy. I use this occassionally for my "oily skin days" as I can go up to six hours without needing any oil blotting papers when I use this. I probably won't be buying this since baby powder does a decent job of setting my makeup and controlling the oil without the itchiness and at under a quarter of the price!

on 6/25/2012 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Okay so I have mixed feelings about this product. I purchased the press powder and must I say, I love the packaging, it has a cute little mirror too. After applying this on my foundation, I set extremely well and left my face feeling amazing and looking flawless. It's so gentle on my skin and it great to wear during the day. Though even with little application of it, it wasn't the best for flash photography as it did indeed leave a white cast on my face which look, as you can tell, pareeety scary. So again it was great on skin, felt great, looked good during the day but when it came to taking photos at night, well that was a different story. Going to try Laura Mercier's or going to try MAC careblend at night.

on 10/10/2011 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this from my first m.a.c seller who made me love their foundation so I went to her again for something that will enhance and set my make up so it docent melt etc.... I found that it gives a very unnatural look in photographs. I try to use as very little as possible its okay but it still shows in photos. But if u put this under ur eyes it give your face a totally refreshed awake look that i only put this on my eyes.

on 6/17/2012 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was a happy user of MUFE HD powder for a few years but it was becoming too drying and flaky looking for me so I tried Tarte's Micronized Clay Finishing Powder. Unfortunately, that was drying too yet my oilier areas came through more quickly than I would have thought (as this Tarte powder got decent reviews on Sephora for oilier skins). Also, the Tarte powder did not have the finish I liked that I got with MUFE HD. I believe the MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder is perfect for my skin--keeps the oil at bay, not overly-drying (no flakies), and provides that lovely 'soft-focus' finish I liked when I used MUFE HD upon it's first application. I like this MAC powder in pressed form too. I am happy and believe my search is over for a finishing powder!

This is a great setting powder to finish off your foundation. It makes your foundation last a lot longer and gives your base more flawless look in my opinion. It sets makeup rather for mattifying and oiliness.

The powder seems initially very white but goes on transparent. You only need a small amount using Macs 150 brush sweeping it gently over your face.

The packaging is good and includes a sifter to dispense the powder, so the usual swirl and tap. Seemed liked a small tub for its price at first but lasts a long time.

As for break outs, I am prone to this and avoid products that break me out so I put on my trusted coverage powder first after, then I apply this. So yes I use two powders but this powder makes my makeup look so much better, I only use a little so its quick and no breakouts so far.

- KK. =^_^= .v.