MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

3.9

on 2/25/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is the same as using corn flour on a powder puff. The texture is horrible, it leaves white streaks everywhere, it is un-absorbing and dehydrating on the skin.
Unless your foundation is very wet when applied, I do not see how this product can properly work.

The packaging was not good either, even though I pierced through the plastic for the number of holes I wanted, too much always spilt out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a great finishing powder, it sets make up really well and keeps shininess at bay. It also does a good job veiling pores. It can look white and powdery at first but it settles in nicely and blends in.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I reviewed this product before but I feel like I should do a better review - with pro's and con's.

Okay, so this loose powder has been my go to powder this entire year. I like it because it makes my foundation last a little longer and it looks natural. Not shimmery or too cakey. I'm pretty sure this will work for the most skintypes.

Pro's:
-Looks natrual
-Makes your foundation stay for at least 9 hours
-Not shimmery or cakey
-Doesn't look "dry" if you know what I mean

Con's:
-Pretty expensive

I don't speak perfect English, I'm from Sweden.

I love this powder. I use it over foundation or on its own. It makes your skin look matt and velvety and feel lovely and soft. I buy backups of this product because the thought of running out of it makes me nervous!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I realy don,t understand why so many women love this powder! I have a medium skintone and when i use this on my face even the slightes amount of powder turns me in to Caspar the friendly ghost..My daughter has fair skintone and when she uses it she turns paler and looks ill.I use a little under the eyes after putting on eyecream but actualy i don,t like that effect either.No,this is not for me!

on 2/3/2013 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great powder which I use to set my MAC studio fix fluid foundation. Feels silky and keeps my oil prone T-zone all day! I'm a NW20-25 and on me, this powders looks invisible (unlike other transluscent powders i've tried which can look 'caked' and make my skin look ashen). Only negative point is that it's not very travel friendly due to the holes in the inner packaging, meaning the powder ends up everywhere! It doesn't really bother me though as I apply once in the morning and my face looks flawless all day! Another great product from MAC :-)

on 7/8/2012 8:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The powder was really fine that my skin looked super soft and flawless after applying, though this also meant that the powder easily blew off when I opened the casing. The holes in the case were too large compared to the particles that it wastes a lot of the product when I tap the excess powder off my powder brush. It didn't leave a tell-tale white cast on my skin, which was great, but it made my sensitive skin feel a bit itchy. I use this occassionally for my "oily skin days" as I can go up to six hours without needing any oil blotting papers when I use this. I probably won't be buying this since baby powder does a decent job of setting my makeup and controlling the oil without the itchiness and at under a quarter of the price!

on 6/25/2012 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Okay so I have mixed feelings about this product. I purchased the press powder and must I say, I love the packaging, it has a cute little mirror too. After applying this on my foundation, I set extremely well and left my face feeling amazing and looking flawless. It's so gentle on my skin and it great to wear during the day. Though even with little application of it, it wasn't the best for flash photography as it did indeed leave a white cast on my face which look, as you can tell, pareeety scary. So again it was great on skin, felt great, looked good during the day but when it came to taking photos at night, well that was a different story. Going to try Laura Mercier's or going to try MAC careblend at night.

on 6/17/2012 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was a happy user of MUFE HD powder for a few years but it was becoming too drying and flaky looking for me so I tried Tarte's Micronized Clay Finishing Powder. Unfortunately, that was drying too yet my oilier areas came through more quickly than I would have thought (as this Tarte powder got decent reviews on Sephora for oilier skins). Also, the Tarte powder did not have the finish I liked that I got with MUFE HD. I believe the MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder is perfect for my skin--keeps the oil at bay, not overly-drying (no flakies), and provides that lovely 'soft-focus' finish I liked when I used MUFE HD upon it's first application. I like this MAC powder in pressed form too. I am happy and believe my search is over for a finishing powder!

on 1/4/2012 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Holy smokes! Why haven't I purchased this sooner???????? I was on the hunt for a really good setting powder to set my foundation/concealer and I tried several diff kinds before MAC. I tried Chanel, Korres, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Covergirl, L'Oreal, etc you name it, i tried it. From cheap to expensive and everything in between. I went to my local MAC counter and just browsing I saw this on the display counter and asked the SA about it. She said it's the best for setting any makeup and i thought- yeah right. just like everyone else told me. Well, I decided to fork out the money -again- to see if it's really true. To my delight, I was really shocked to see how well it performed. It set my foundation and concealer perfectly and made my skin absolutely FLAWLESS! It covered all my large pores and made them literally disappear! The staying power was awesome and it lasted all day throughout the night til i took it off. A little goes a long way and I use this w/ a mac's flat large eyeshadow brush for the best coverage. I am so happy to find this and I will definitely will repurchase