MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.4

on 12/26/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing powder - this sets make up really well and gives a wonderful finish, particularly for photos! Transparent too so never looks cakey or affects foundation. You can never apply too much!

on 6/7/2015 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Quite shocked that I haven't reviewed this as this was one of the very first products I swapped for when I started here on makeupalley. This powder is everything! I used to use it in conjunction with the MAC prep+prime primer but I never repurchased when that finished. This product lasts a long time. I think the reason why I do not reach for it all the time is my travel schedule. My pressed powders get all the love when I travel for obvious reasons. One tip of the container and I have a huge mess. Anyway, I love the finish this gives my makeup. I am MAC NW45 so pretty dark and delicious. This blends seamlessly and does not make me look ashy or give my pictures a white cast. As a matter of fact, I am of the opinion that this sets my makeup so beautifully that I always look better with this on my face than I do with the blot powder. For some reason I do not think the particles in the blot powder are as fine as the ones in this one. This noticeably reduces shine associated with my oily skin and it the perfect finish before blush and lip gloss. I will certainly repurchase, I recently got the pressed version for travel as I think I am done with blot powder once I finish my current one.

on 6/2/2014 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

It works wonders for my oily skin and used moderately (and blended properly) does not give a white/dead finish even though I am dark-skinned - NC 55

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

love this powder! you would think that since it's white, it would wash out a deeper skin tone, but it looks lovely on everyone! i love the way it looks on top of my foundation. it makes me matte while still giving me a luminous complexion, which i love. i don't like to look completely matte! it has great staying power but i still find myself doing touch ups throughout the day, which is expected considering i have very oily skin. it also works lovely if you put concealer on under your foundation, putting some of this on top the concealer sets it perfectly. i love this product, will definitely repurchase when i run out!

on 5/28/2011 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this product! As someone who has EXTREMELY oil skin to the point where it is uncontrollable, this product certainly manages to keep my face matte for a good 4 hours before blotting. I also have a few dry patches which i was worried the powder might emphasise but it is so finely milled i haven't had a problem at all. Great for setting foundation and under eye concealer....will be purchasing again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this because of the reviews on MA. Love it. I used to use the MAC blot powder, but this is so much better. Didn't have to touch up once during the day; and I have more oil on my face than a Texas oil gusher. Very impressed; I will for sure buy this again.

on 1/3/2011 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I LOVE this powder. I used to use MUFE HD powder, but it was getting too expensive for me. MUFE is silkier in texture compared to Prep+Prime, but I find that Prep+Prime keeps me matte longer and doesn't leave a white cast to my skin in photos. Prep+Prime also doesn't make your skin look powdery and a little goes a long a way!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used my friends jar of this on my wedding day and loved it so much that I picked up my own! No pressed or loose powder ever felt that amazing being applied to my face! Its so silky and translucent which doesn't effect the colour of your foundation (which is a bonus for me because I find most powders wash you out). My favorite part about this product is the staying power! My t-zone is super oily and very hard to control. I have a powder and blotting papers in my purse at all times to touch up my face - even on my wedding day I brought those items and didn't have to use them because I used this on my face!! The powder lasted all day, all night through dancing and hot July weather. It doesn't cake up or fall into lines on your face.

My only wish is that it came in a larger container. Its a bit expensive for such a small jar but I have to say its well worth the money. I don't think I'll be able to use anything else after trying this. I use it on myself and my clients (they LOVE it too...especially my brides!). HIGHLY recommended!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So I read the reviews before I purchased this and I had high expectations … I am so happy to say that it has pretty much lived up to them. It keeps me from blotting as often, I think I have been blotting twice a day since I started wearing this compared to like 5 times before. It doesn’t make my large pores disappear but it defiantly makes them less noticeable which is good. I would defiantly repurchase. I pulled the sticker back to uncover 3 holes then cut it off with scissors which is working great.

on 4/15/2010 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like many other reviewers, I use this as a setting powder for undereye concealer due it's light texture. My concealer will last all day with this powder applied on top and doesn't sink into fine lines as much. It workes well to soften fine lines and fill pores without looking caked on and somehow blends with any skintone, despite the powder being white. It certainly is transparent.

Prior to trying this I had bought some straight up silica powder from Coastal Scents as I had read articles on multiple blogs stating that it is a cheaper alternative to the MAC and MUFE powder. While it is cheaper, I found the Coastal Scents silica left a white cast on my face that looked terrible in photos. The MAC powder blends seamlessly into my skin with no white residue.

I am on my second jar of this product and will continue to repurchase although it loses a point for price, but such is life with MAC products. The packaging is just okay, nothing too fancy but I find it can dispense a little too much product which can lead to spillages if care isn't taken when removing the lid.