MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is terribly cost prohibitive but it's an awesome powder absorbs oil the best of all loose powders & the pressed is equal to MAC Blot powder if not a little bit superior imo. MAC & Chanel make the best powders. P&P is my go to in the AM. Chanel ridiculously expensive it's absurd but MAC is more affordable than chanel (when do I not feel like saving $20?! I can buy a lipstick!) lastly you can back to MAC the empty containers 6 gets u a new lipstick!! 9g is stingy but hey you are always getting a fresh supply if ur a regular user. I haven't even panned my P&P pressed powder & I've had it since xmas but I don't use it every single day I'm rotating P&P loose & P&P pressed between my chanel, blot powder, studiofix & bareminerals. Don't try this unless you want to start a high end powder habit lol the DS stuff won't compare. It's so finely miled & controls oil. I apply it w my Laura mercier powder puff I feel like my brushes are mostly ineffectual i use cheap brushes thou. Spend all the cash on the products none on the applicators ha ha I do have a few MAC & chanel brushes. None that work well w this powder. :/ hmmm...

on 12/26/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing powder - this sets make up really well and gives a wonderful finish, particularly for photos! Transparent too so never looks cakey or affects foundation. You can never apply too much!

on 8/21/2015 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm almost finished with using this product so I thought now is a good time to write a review.
Very good under eye setting powder which does not make the area look cakey no matter how much you apply. It has flashback however so I only used in the day.

on 6/7/2015 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Quite shocked that I haven't reviewed this as this was one of the very first products I swapped for when I started here on makeupalley. This powder is everything! I used to use it in conjunction with the MAC prep+prime primer but I never repurchased when that finished. This product lasts a long time. I think the reason why I do not reach for it all the time is my travel schedule. My pressed powders get all the love when I travel for obvious reasons. One tip of the container and I have a huge mess. Anyway, I love the finish this gives my makeup. I am MAC NW45 so pretty dark and delicious. This blends seamlessly and does not make me look ashy or give my pictures a white cast. As a matter of fact, I am of the opinion that this sets my makeup so beautifully that I always look better with this on my face than I do with the blot powder. For some reason I do not think the particles in the blot powder are as fine as the ones in this one. This noticeably reduces shine associated with my oily skin and it the perfect finish before blush and lip gloss. I will certainly repurchase, I recently got the pressed version for travel as I think I am done with blot powder once I finish my current one.

on 6/2/2014 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

It works wonders for my oily skin and used moderately (and blended properly) does not give a white/dead finish even though I am dark-skinned - NC 55

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

love this powder! you would think that since it's white, it would wash out a deeper skin tone, but it looks lovely on everyone! i love the way it looks on top of my foundation. it makes me matte while still giving me a luminous complexion, which i love. i don't like to look completely matte! it has great staying power but i still find myself doing touch ups throughout the day, which is expected considering i have very oily skin. it also works lovely if you put concealer on under your foundation, putting some of this on top the concealer sets it perfectly. i love this product, will definitely repurchase when i run out!

on 5/28/2011 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this product! As someone who has EXTREMELY oil skin to the point where it is uncontrollable, this product certainly manages to keep my face matte for a good 4 hours before blotting. I also have a few dry patches which i was worried the powder might emphasise but it is so finely milled i haven't had a problem at all. Great for setting foundation and under eye concealer....will be purchasing again!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily skin. I have been testing out several products in order to control my shine. I am glad I purchased this product not oily does it control the oil but it makes my skin look silky. It also makes my foundation and blush flawless leaving my skin looking polished. When using this product I recommend blending it out and not piling it all, only because it will make you look like your wearing baby powder. Also try not to wear it when you plan on being photographed because of the white cast (but what product doesn't do that). I will definetly repurchase! It is pricey but if you have oily skin and you like looking flawless its totally worth it!

I use this powder to set my mac pro longwear foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this because of the reviews on MA. Love it. I used to use the MAC blot powder, but this is so much better. Didn't have to touch up once during the day; and I have more oil on my face than a Texas oil gusher. Very impressed; I will for sure buy this again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this powder!!!!!! Great translucent finish to set foundation, blush, and highlighting powder. My face looks airbrushed and polished after using this. I have very oily skin, and it helps to control shine; however, I typically need to use oil blotting sheets or reapply at least once throughout the day.