MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

on 6/22/2015 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin that just wont keep my makeup in tact a whole work day (8am-5pm). After reading a few dozen reviews on this powder, I bit the bullet and ordered this from online. The container is much smaller than I assumed it would be after reading the reviews, but I can tell there is a lot of product in there and it'll last a while. This product does exactly what it says it will, and I'm in love. I do disagree with other reviewers about the holes being too big/too much product being wasted. You just has to be using the right brush! Like a kabuki :)
(I've already rebought this product. One container lasts me about 4 months.)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is AMAZING. I have always used a medium coverage foundation and recently I switched to Tarte's BB cream for a more light coverage. I was wanting a finishing powder to go over my BB cream and ended up buying this after all the wonderful reviews. This is literally the best powder I have ever used. It doesn't look cakey, it keeps oil at bay, and helps conceal pores. I have oily skin and this kept my face shine free for about 12 hours. I apply it with a fan brush or a kabuki. The packaging is also pretty good for a loose powder but can be messy if you pour to much powder. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 6/14/2012 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This minimizes pores, sucks out every bit of oil, keeps a matte finish on my face all day long, and is transparent. It really does make my foundation and concealer last much longer than it normally would with a drugstore powder. I love this powder!

on 1/25/2012 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The hg of setting powder. Could not live without! I'm very shiny in my t zone and this keeps me shine free all day. Here is a helpful hint.....when you first open it, only remove half of the black sticker that covers the holes. So you just cut the sticker in half, leaving the other half over the holes. This keeps it from flying all over in the package!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I brought this months ago and never used it because I didn't know how...man what took me so long! I have oily shiny greasy skin (t-zone) and I apply this with a blending brush (I would like to use a better brush) to my nose, cheeks, under eyes and eye lids...I am oil-free for HOURS. Sets make-up well too. I use it over liquid and powder foundation. There is no white powdery cakey look on my NC45 complexion. This MAC product is the truth.org

on 8/6/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this finishing powder. I use this with MAC studio fix powder (I know, don't need to set powder with another powder =P), but it makes the studio fix powder lasts much longer on my face and I don't get that dreaded 5PM-the-foundation's-melting-off-my-face feeling. Another use for this finishing powder is to 'set' the sunscreen when I'm not wearing any makeup, all of a sudden SPF40 sunscreen feels like SPF10 and the greasy look you get from using high SPF is gone, pretty much matte all day in the office. Verdict? 5 lippies and most definitely will re-purchase when I run out. =)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I apsolutely love this! I wear this with and without makeup, I find it makes my face so soft and natural looking and gets rid of my oil on my skin. It almost makes me speechless, I definitely recommend this!

on 6/7/2011 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was heartbroken because my favourite powder (the Blot loose) has become harder and harder to find (disc'd?).
I was going to repurchase MUFE HD silica powder, but on a whim I decided to try this P&P from MAC, in hopes it would come close to Blot...and I'm glad I did!
It looks totally translucent on me, melts in my skin and gives a great finish to my foundations. It seems to blur imperfections, and to keep me matte longer than I'd be otherwise.
I have nothing bad to say about this product, price is reasonable (wish the container was bigger like the loose Blot!), and it delivers.
I think it is better than MUFE HD in terms of oil control.

on 3/25/2011 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A replacement for blot powder! I wanted a powder that would not "add" color once I had foundation on. I have the world's biggest pores and a really oily T-zone combined with dry cheeks and had a problem with blot powder making the flakiness stand out, even though it kept me matte. I bought MUFE HD powder on a whim, but ended up returning it and buying Prep + Prime because it was cheaper. I didn't take the whole sticker off the top and just left a few holes open - I hate sifter tops and am prone spilling them. I just dip a regular powder brush to get a little bit on, then swirl it in the lid to distribute it evenly over the brush before putting it on. It keeps me matte all day and makeup goes on smoothly over it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is very finely milled and can be messy if you aren't careful. It's completely translucent and gives makeup an airbrushed look. I normally can't stand products, especially setting powders, that have Mica in them but the mica in this hasn't seemed to have the same effect as it did in other products on me. Because I read reviews about the messiness before I bought it I only pulled half of the sticker off that covers the holes and I think it helps. I haven't traveled with this but I would probably tape up the other holes to keep it from spilling out every where. But as far as performance it is great, does just what it promises, and I also think it has a decent price. Highly recommend.