MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Oily
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

At first this was a seemingly amazing product for me. It instantly seemed to hide my pores and other imperfections, made my skin look and feel velvety smooth. I looked flawless and glowy. But as the day went on I started to feel sort of dissappointed. I thought this would help control shine, but after two hours I was a greasy mess. My crater-like pores were back, and my skin didn't look velvety or glowy anymore. Dissappointing. Already returned it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product doesn't seem to do anything for me! Everytime I wear it ontop of my Bobbi Brown longlasting foundation it leaves chalky residue. It doesn't control oil or last very long. I keep trying it again and again and am dissappointed everytime.

on 7/9/2009 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

So, I bought this product from all it's good reviews and recommendations.
=( It didn't work for me.
I tried using it before my makeup and after ; it didn't work.
I tried using it before; it didn't work.
I tried using it after; it still didn't work.
It would combat my oil for at most an hour. So, it would only save me an hour before I would have to whip out my oil blotting sheets.
I also didn't like that it was white. It still showed up on my skin. I know not to use a crapload. I used a bit, just enough so it wouldn't show up. But even then it would take away my glow, and tone down the shade of my face.
Man, I was really hoping i'd like this.
I use about 2-4 oil blotting sheets a day.
Grr* I returned it.
If you're interested in this try it out at the MAC store, or try and get a sample first.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After seeing various make up artists use this powder, I decided to purchase it and give it a go.
-The amount of product is not worth the price. But, a little goes a long way so at least I'll be getting my money's worth.
-I love that it is translucent but it makes my face look slightly pale.
-I love that it applies smoothly and gives yours skin a silky finish.
-It keeps my oily skin under control and helps my foundation stay on longer.
-Does not work well with flash photos.
Despite all the positive, I would not be repurchasing this product.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the best setting powder I've used so far. But it still doesn't get 5 stars as it's not perfect for my needs, but still closer than anything else I've tried!

Pros:
*Easy to blend
*Finely milled
*Doesn't cake!
*Doesn't make me look older like other powders
*Blurs large pores
*You get a lot of product
*Wears well and can be layered (when the oil comes through on my face it doesn't look bad after or ruin the rest of my makeup)

Cons:
*Looks horrid in flash photos
*Expensive (well *I* think it is)
*Bad packaging (you have to tape the holes!)
*Not travel friendly at all
*Can be messy (and I'm afraid to inhale it!)
*Is.Not.Invisible! (I'm a MAC NC 35-40 and I can see a white cast even after blending a lot but it goes away when the oil in my face comes through)
*Doesn't control my oily face all day (even with primer underneath)
*I have to apply twice the amount (previously I was only using a dab all over my face and I got shiny 2 hours later - I figured out I have to use much more than I thought to get it to last for around 6 hours)

Even with those cons, I will still use it up and will most likely repurchase as I haven't seen anything better (and cheaper) in the drug store. Maybe I'll try UD's Mattifying Powder or get this but the pressed compact version instead.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This product is alright but I'm not sure it does anything...I apply this after my foundation and it really is transparent, no matter how much I put on you can't see it's there. But I didn't find it minimised appearance of pores like some other members have said, and to be honest I don't think there would be a difference in my make up if I put this on or not and for the price tag I expected some change at least. I wouldn't buy this again as it's nothing special!

on 6/22/2010 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is OK...nothing special. I had high expectations based on the MA's praise of this product, but found it wasn't all that helpful setting my makeup on my oily skin.

on 3/2/2010 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

After reading the reviews for this product, I marched off to the MAC store to get a sample. I have very oily skin and the SA told me this is to set your make up. It is not for oil control. I have to agree with her.
This does nothing to prevent my skin from getting oily but it does keep my makeup in place which is nice. For darker skin tones, it really does blend into your skin and you only need a tiny amount. As everyone has mentioned, the sifter jar makes this a very messy application. Hopefully MAC will do something about that.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i really wanted this to work for me but it just made my t-zone oilier. it doesn't mean this product sucks, it just didn't work for my skin. isn't it so weird how different products work differently on everyone? i love my blot powder but will also try the mineralized skinfinish for a finishing all over powder in medium plus.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Again, another product I really wanted and needed to like, but did not do the job I purchased for - keeping the evil oilies away.

On the plus side, immediately after applying my skin looks lovely and almost glowy but I did not buy it for that effect. Plus it doesn't last long anyway.

I think the price is so-so, considering the cost of MUFE and the likes loose powder, but the packaging could do with a re-think as that annoying sticker thing lost it's stickiness after 2 days so as soon as I open the lid the powder is everywhere.

Overall, a disappointment, for me personally, of course.