MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Oily
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this powder. Buffed on with the appropriate brush and used in conjunction with my Prep+Prime Skin with SPF 50, it made my skin appear flawless and instantly smooth. It didn't exactly last all day, but it did last a good 6 hours before I needed to reapply. That didn't bother me at all because, even after the second application, I didn't look chalky or cakey like I had expected.

The product is a bit on the expensive side, but seeing that very little is needed per application, this jar will take you a long way. I will definitely purchase again.

EDIT: This is LE but the SA told me that there is a powder available at the pro store that is basically the same so I'm not absolutely dying to stock up on this.

**EDIT #2** This is no longer LE! YAYYYY!

on 4/24/2009 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

LOVE THIS!! It's transparent so it works on any skin tone, and over any foundation color. It basically uses light diffusers to blur out the skin giving a smooth, flawless, line free appearance.

on 5/2/2009 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

***HG FINISHING POWDER***
I looooove it! All you need is a little swish across the entire face after you're done with your regular makeup application. The fine powder sets everything in place. I typically get shiny on my nose when I arrive to work, but this has saved me from blotting and reapplying powder throughout the day. Bye Bye mineral veil. I've found love.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! i have oily skin and this keeps my skin from looking shiny and looks matte for a very long time. it also makes my pores look smaller since i have large pores :[ It is a little pricey but you only need very little so that jar would probably last you a very very long time. i would def. recommend this to anyone with oily skin or large pores. would def. repurchase this.

on 5/7/2009 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is a DEFINITE keeper for me! I've read reviews regarding this product and the raves it was receiving. So I thought to myself, "Well, why not spend money on make-up once again and try it out?!" Well, the $21 dollars (plus tax) I spent on it was WELL WORTH IT!

I have 8+ hours days with school and work and it's very important for my make-up to stay in place and NOT slide off. Blessed with an oily skin (sarcasm people), I've tried multiple products out there to keep the oilies at bay. I've tried blotting powders (from MAC, which made my face cakey, gross and unsanitary), ant-shine (from Smashbox, worked alright, but after an hour, I was already shiny) and last, but not the least, milk of magnesia (worked okay, but the application took longer than I had hoped for). With this MAC's Prep + Prime, it's the only product that has kept my oiliness at bay longer than ANY anti-shine products I've tried in the past. I didn't think a white (colorless on your face) powder would do the trick, but it did! I apply this powder twice, BEFORE and AFTER applying make-up. Below is my make-up routine (steps 6-8 vary as I don't go by this every day).

1.) Moisturizer (Neutrogena's Oil Free Fresh Moisture)
2.) Primer (Smashbox Photo Finish in Original)
3.) MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (with a brush)
4.) Concealer (MAC Select Moisturecover in NW 20)
5.) Mineral foundation/Powder foundation (Everyday Minerals [Winged Butter & Olive Medium mixed in Intensive formula] OR Make Up For Ever's Duo Mat Powder Foundation [shade #207])
6.) Bronzer (NARS Casino or Bare Escentuals' Faux Tan)
7.) Blush (MAC Blushbaby)
8.) Highlighter (NARS Albatross)
9.) Eyebrows (MAC Brow Gel in Show Off then filled in with MAC Brun eyeshadow)
10.) MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (with a brush)

I have noticed that this transparent powder made my skin smoother prior and after putting on make-up. The amount I use on my face varies, because I apply a little more on my nose, forehead and cheek area. I've also noticed that my undereye concealer hasn't creased once I began this powder. My big issue with anti-shine products in the past was that it'd keep my face matte only for an hour (if not less, after applying my make-up, depending on the weather) and the oils begin to show. This powder blows ALL of the products I've used in the past. Oilies didn't begin to show until mid-day and my face when I got home felt lighter and less oily. If you have the same issue as I do, this product is very well worth it for the price.

P.S. I heard this is limited edition. If it's true, I'll make sure I get back-ups. :)

on 5/14/2009 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this! I used L'Oreal Translucide for years and was happy with it, but this is miles beyond. I have super-oily eyelids and typically have big problems with eyeshadow creasing (no matter what kind of primer I use) and my waterproof mascara smudging off my lashes and onto my skin by mid-morning. Setting my makeup with this not only eliminates those issues, but keeps the rest of my face looking great until my usual lunchtime touch-up. This is really a breakthrough powder for me, and worth the price. I like the very packable size of the jar, but a sifter with such big holes is a peeve of mine. If it gets tossed around in your makeup bag, you can find way too much powder on top when you open it.

on 5/19/2009 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is definately amazing stuff. I am very oily typically, but this stuff prevents oilies for over 12hours. I am very impressed!

Very nice, affordable, and works amazingly. Does not mess up makeup, just makes it better.

This I will repurchase- it's a permanent item in my collection now.

on 5/26/2009 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A decent finishing powder. For those with super oily skin though (like me), I'm not sure this will be enough for oil control on top of liquid foundation. I use Prep + Prime SPF50 underneath my foundation for extra oil control. This powder does quite a good job though, and doesn't clog pores.

on 6/4/2009 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this powder totally based on the MUAer feedbacks. Have been used it for about a week, with different foundation, tinted moisturizer or toner. When I pair this with my Dior toner & Shiseido fluid foundation, i can see that my face isn't as oily as usual. I can still see shine on my face like about within 4 hours, but it is like some glowy type of shine u know. And my face didnt feel that heavy neither. Though today i used it with Kanebo toner & Clinique tinted moisturizer, and then set with this powder. My face looked totally dull, and it became kinda oily within just 3 hours, needed to blot my face with 1 sheet. The packing of this powder isn't on the friendly type for sure. I put it in my makeup bag and by the time i took it out.. gawd~ like half jar of powder were out already. Kinda messy when applying. It is somehow pricy for the amount of powder you get for $21. Though I might repurchase if it can impress me more when it is 90 degrees here :D
----------------
Update - 070309: Ok, after another month, i realized i really barely reach to this powder. I just feel that the finishing of my makeup didnt look natural at all with this powder. I'm gonna hang on with this jar, but i wont repurchase probably. There are more new and better products outside i'm sure, next i'm gonna try the MUFE Super Mat powder.

on 6/6/2009 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes!!!

This is BY FAR one of the best products I have ever used in my life! I have very oily skin on my nose and forehead, which makes me blot a lot. I go through so many blotting sheets, it's ridiculous. However, this product helps with all of that. I just brush a little on to my nose and that nasty shine just goes away. GONE! Just like that. There's no added color onto my face, I can keep using it over and over and it'll go on my face beautifully.

I've tried many products to help with my oiliness and this takes the prize. Goes on great, and you can use all day without it getting too packed on.

Buy it, you won't regret!!!