MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Oily
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After seeing various make up artists use this powder, I decided to purchase it and give it a go.
-The amount of product is not worth the price. But, a little goes a long way so at least I'll be getting my money's worth.
-I love that it is translucent but it makes my face look slightly pale.
-I love that it applies smoothly and gives yours skin a silky finish.
-It keeps my oily skin under control and helps my foundation stay on longer.
-Does not work well with flash photos.
Despite all the positive, I would not be repurchasing this product.

on 6/22/2015 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin that just wont keep my makeup in tact a whole work day (8am-5pm). After reading a few dozen reviews on this powder, I bit the bullet and ordered this from online. The container is much smaller than I assumed it would be after reading the reviews, but I can tell there is a lot of product in there and it'll last a while. This product does exactly what it says it will, and I'm in love. I do disagree with other reviewers about the holes being too big/too much product being wasted. You just has to be using the right brush! Like a kabuki :)
(I've already rebought this product. One container lasts me about 4 months.)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love love LOVE this product. I use it as a finishing touch after my foundation. It never leaves a white mask or anything of that sort. I usually put it on in the morning (10am) and leave it on throughout my day (till maybe 6-7pm). It soaks up oil pretty well and keeps my face nice and matte. Some cons are I lose some of the product because of the holes but I guess just keep some of the holes covered with the tape it comes in (i.e. don't rip the whole thing off). Really love the product however it's pretty expensive and can be pricey to keep repurchasing. I've purchased NYX's HD finishing powder and hope that'll be a good substitute for this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is AMAZING. I have always used a medium coverage foundation and recently I switched to Tarte's BB cream for a more light coverage. I was wanting a finishing powder to go over my BB cream and ended up buying this after all the wonderful reviews. This is literally the best powder I have ever used. It doesn't look cakey, it keeps oil at bay, and helps conceal pores. I have oily skin and this kept my face shine free for about 12 hours. I apply it with a fan brush or a kabuki. The packaging is also pretty good for a loose powder but can be messy if you pour to much powder. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the best setting powder I've used so far. But it still doesn't get 5 stars as it's not perfect for my needs, but still closer than anything else I've tried!

Pros:
*Easy to blend
*Finely milled
*Doesn't cake!
*Doesn't make me look older like other powders
*Blurs large pores
*You get a lot of product
*Wears well and can be layered (when the oil comes through on my face it doesn't look bad after or ruin the rest of my makeup)

Cons:
*Looks horrid in flash photos
*Expensive (well *I* think it is)
*Bad packaging (you have to tape the holes!)
*Not travel friendly at all
*Can be messy (and I'm afraid to inhale it!)
*Is.Not.Invisible! (I'm a MAC NC 35-40 and I can see a white cast even after blending a lot but it goes away when the oil in my face comes through)
*Doesn't control my oily face all day (even with primer underneath)
*I have to apply twice the amount (previously I was only using a dab all over my face and I got shiny 2 hours later - I figured out I have to use much more than I thought to get it to last for around 6 hours)

Even with those cons, I will still use it up and will most likely repurchase as I haven't seen anything better (and cheaper) in the drug store. Maybe I'll try UD's Mattifying Powder or get this but the pressed compact version instead.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

on 12/22/2012 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this for setting my foundation before more powder products - blush, highlight. It's not enough to mattify my oily T-Zone though so I use a different powder for that. But I prefer this to a lot of other loose setting powders and will continue to use it.

on 11/25/2012 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Against my better judgement, I pulled the whole sticky off the sifter instead of just poking holes in it. Now literally half the jar is in the top of the sifter. This is a good setting powder, no flash back, no white cast (if you actually blend it), the only thing I dont like is the price and smell. Smells awful! I have a feeling this will last for a long time, but even if runs out I most likely wont repurchase it.

on 6/14/2012 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This minimizes pores, sucks out every bit of oil, keeps a matte finish on my face all day long, and is transparent. It really does make my foundation and concealer last much longer than it normally would with a drugstore powder. I love this powder!

on 3/24/2012 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
-It looks very natural
-It conceals pores quite well
-No extra coverage, which makes makeup look very natural

Cons:
-It smells unpleasant
-Lasting power (until my face is oily) is no different from my $3 Maybelline powder

When you first buy this powder, cut the sticker and remove just a small piece of it so that only one or two holes are open. This avoids messiness and wastage whenever you open the lid :)

on 1/25/2012 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The hg of setting powder. Could not live without! I'm very shiny in my t zone and this keeps me shine free all day. Here is a helpful hint.....when you first open it, only remove half of the black sticker that covers the holes. So you just cut the sticker in half, leaving the other half over the holes. This keeps it from flying all over in the package!