MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product. I live in a very windy city with harsh weather conditions that usually wreck my makeup immediately as I step out of my building. This powder however stays where it should throughout the walk to/ whole day at the office. It gives my face a nice blurred finish evening out the skin tone almost like a portable instafilter. I've noticed that my skin looks much better in photos with this stuff on too, more even and glowy.

As others have pointed out, the packaging is a bit messy and if you carry it around it's quite easy to spill, but the price is fair (even here in Sweden) and I'm definitely buying again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

You only need a small amount so the product should last a long time, makes the skin look smooth and mattifies the skin for a long time, best loose finishing powder.

on 11/12/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I purchased that at a CCO and have been in love ever since. I use this to set my concealer and my foundation. It's a smooth finish that keeps my make-up in place all day. Yes, I would pay full price for this.

on 11/1/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just bought this powder recently to try and battle oiliness throughout the day, and so far it totally does the trick! I hate touching up after I leave the house in the morning and this keeps me shine-free and my foundation in place all day. My only qualm is it is a bit messy, difficult to get the right amount out of the bottom reservoir without it exploding on my vanity.

on 1/24/2014 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has got to be my most re-purchased make up staple ever. I've gone through about 5 tubs of this. No matter how far I stray, I always come back to it because it does what its supposed to do perfectly. I usually use this powder to lock in my foundation and it never leaves a white cast - it blurs imperfections and allows my makeup to come through without mattifying it too much. I also like to pat this under the eye to prevent my eyeliner from budging. I use this on no makeup days when all I want to do is make my sunscreen look less shiny on my face. It's such a wonderful, versatile and effective product. Oh and it doesn't break you out either! You also get to use every single bit of this powder because the powder sift thingy can come apart, allowing you to really get to the bottom of the container. I would definitely repurchase, even though its a bit on the pricey side - reliable basics are just so hard to come by!

on 1/3/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this powder and have repurchased it 3x. It's great for setting foundation and I like that it's translucent and doesn't add color to my foundation. I have combo-oily skin and while this doesn't provide that totally matte look, it gives a really nice, clean, natural finish.
The older I get, the more I veer away from the made up, matte skin look and am more inclined towards a healthy, glowy finish. This powder gives me that effect!. I notice my foundations last longer with this and doesn't slide around or settle into my pores. I get shiny in my t-zone area after 3-4 hours but it's not an oily look so I'm ok with that. A little goes a long way and one jar lasts me about 4-5 months, with ever day usage.

on 11/21/2012 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Just WOW! This is my HG and I promise, that you can't find any better loose powder on the market!

I cannot describe what it does with my skin, but after putting this powder on, my face looks just flawless and healthy. You don't need to put on a lot. Just a tiny little bit and it does what it promises. It minimizes pores and makes the skin very even.

And the best is, that it didn't break me out at all. On the contrary I think that it helps to improve my acne prone skin, because it gives a mat finish, so that your skin gets less oily during the daytime.

This is absolutely the best product from mac that I have ever tried. Would buy it again and again and again and again. I hope they will never change the formula.

This is one of the best products I've ever bought from MAC. I used to almost need to re-do my make up when I got home from work if I was going out, however applying this wonderful finishing powder, my face stays put from 8am to 8pm and beyond with only a light touch up here and there; considering I work in a heated office and am often super busy, this is amazing.
Not only that, but it seems to even out my complexion and just gives my make up that extra little... something. I won't go without this stuff now, or ever. I love it so much that I don't care what it costs! :)
(Oh, but the packaging is a bitch).

on 9/1/2011 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This really lasts forever. Great for controlling oil and mattifying after foundation. Very comparable to mufe hd powder, but personally I think this one is better for shine control and it's cheaper. Great setting powder!

I can't wear foundation with this product. It really keep my skin less oily and my foundation stay all day long. Keep in my mind, do not apply it to much otherwise it will make your complexion look dull. Just apply on the areas that tend to be shine like t zone area.