MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

on 7/6/2017 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i used this for years, but i feel like i'm losing my 'youthful glow' and need something a bit more brightening now.
if i don't find anything better i will do back to it because it's pretty decent.

on 2/1/2017 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is great and it doesnt break me out. However it is extremely expensive, u only get 9 grams. Laura mercier is 29 grams and it costs 400 sek, it is more affordable in the long run. HORRIBLE for pictures with flash, u look crazy white!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product. I live in a very windy city with harsh weather conditions that usually wreck my makeup immediately as I step out of my building. This powder however stays where it should throughout the walk to/ whole day at the office. It gives my face a nice blurred finish evening out the skin tone almost like a portable instafilter. I've noticed that my skin looks much better in photos with this stuff on too, more even and glowy.

As others have pointed out, the packaging is a bit messy and if you carry it around it's quite easy to spill, but the price is fair (even here in Sweden) and I'm definitely buying again.

on 6/9/2016 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

i've added some photos.

UPDATE: it does change the tone of my foundation, like it delete the warmness of my foundation, but nothing too crazy.

sooo yeah i do like this product, it just does what it says to be short. I'm using it with a kabuki brush which makes it very easy to apply.
the only thing is the packaging is a very big mess, so i've found a solution haha, i bought a kind of compact powder box thingy from the face shop and then put the mac powder inside (i have posted the photos).

remember to do not put too much if you don't wanna look like a ghost, loll.

on 4/19/2016 4:06:00 AM

This powder did not break me out.

It definitely mattifies. Mattifies too much in fact. I'm quite oily especially in the t-zone. I certainly don't want to look greasy but I also don't want to look so matte that there's ZERO natural shine or luminosity to my face. This is not a flattering powder. This makes me look old and eliminates any youthful glow to my skin, not that my skin is perfect or anything, it's so far from that.

I don't understand the hype and rave reviews. If you want natural looking makeup or dewy finish, don't go for this.

on 1/17/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When I applied this product the color of my foundation became darker. Also, it clung to the dry patches on my face. It does help control shine for a few hours but in this case the cons have outweighed the pros. Result: Will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

You only need a small amount so the product should last a long time, makes the skin look smooth and mattifies the skin for a long time, best loose finishing powder.

Does a really good job at smoothing out find lines and pores. I have repurchased. Just wish it held up longer on my oily skin. But that's a struggle I battle with all makeup. I love this!

on 2/27/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So basically there are pro's and con's to this product but I really feel the pros far outweigh the cons. This powder is perfect as a day time powder. So the pro's
1. it sets your make up amazingly
2. stops any under eye creasing (mine was extreme). With this powder my under eye does not crease at all
3. matifys your skin
4. keeps make up in place, ALL DAY. it does not budge at all!
During the day there is not apparent white finish
5. Normally I have to touch up, especially under my eyes and my cheeks, with this I do not have to touch up at all

Cons
1. I would never suggest using this if you have a wedding / party etc as photos are normally taken at these events and this product under FLASH photogoraphy leaves such an apparent white mask, almost like you have chucked talc powder the areas you put the MAC product
That is the only con. don't use this if you know you will be having photos with flash taken as the white powder will be so visible.
Other than that, its the perfect day time powder and night if you aren't having photos taken

on 11/12/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I purchased that at a CCO and have been in love ever since. I use this to set my concealer and my foundation. It's a smooth finish that keeps my make-up in place all day. Yes, I would pay full price for this.