MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

This stuff is a dream. Cannot go without. I've combination skin and get very oily on my forehead throughout the day. This stuff cuts my oiliness down by about 80% and my makeup isn't a total mess at the end of a working day.

Incredible stuff. Makes my oily skin spotless and matte all day.
You only need a tiny amount, this stuff will last forever.
It helps blur redness and uneven skin.
Packaging can be a tad messy, but very minimal.
Best powder I've used thus far, I've tried em all.

on 1/30/2015 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Apart from the occasion where i'm throwing a tantrum, this is my favourite finishing powder. I have tried them all, every powder in the world you can name. I like my skin to look like my skin, i tend to put this over some concealer and that will be it for my base and it makes me look flawless and MATTE. Use too much and you will have a slight white cast, but as soon as the wind blows and an hour passes, it just looks like you woke up like this.

Over any foundation, it keeps it matte, much better than Vichy or anything else talc-based which always irritates my skin and makes my face red for some reason. Even in the rain this baby holds and so you don't get an embarrassing white streaked face (if you just use plain arrowroot or cornflour, this happens).

I have really sensitive, acne prone, oily/combination skin, and this doesn't irritate (no redness or spots) and keeps me shine free pretty much all day. It's expensive, but there's a ton always being sold on ebay for less, so if you're feeling uncomfortable for forking out for something you are unfamiliar with, just get one on there and you can always pass it on!

As for the packaging, can people get over it, powder does get everywhere no matter what. I've never had a packaging for a powder that has somehow magically contained all the powder within the base. Even with the posh twisty things in some of Bourjois, Smashbox etc.

Lastly, this is very different from the pressed version for some reason. The pressed irritated me and didn't mattify as well or for as long at all... so if you're going for one or the other, i would choose this one.

on 1/24/2015 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After using so many setting powders (mufe hd, urban decay, tarte, too faced) and not being impressed by any.. I went to mac for a cheaper alternative and found this. Honestly didn't expect much from it but wow, this keeps me matte for hours on end. I have the oiliest skin (as in I do my makeup at 7 am and already have to blot and re powder by 9 am), not with this. Definitely will be repurchasing.

on 5/9/2014 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Loooooove this powder!!!!!
It makes my makeup last much longer, my skin looks beautiful with it!
I have an oily T-zone, so during the day i start to "shine". When using this it doesn't happend with me and my makeup stays perfect!
It looks white, but when you set on your skin it disappears completly, very safe to use!
I don't get that "white mask" visual on my makeup, even when retouching.
My skin feels very soft with it too, the imperfections turn into less visible ones, or no visible at all.
This is something that i can't be without when i want that perfect makeup.
I don't use it everyday, but there wouldn't be a problem if i did.
I like to use this under my eyes too, so the concealer last longer and doesn't get into the fine lines.

on 1/25/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Keeps my oily skin matte, and my make up fresh throughout the day! Cant stand the packaging, as a lot of product gets wasted! I have purchased this many times and it is the HG of finishing powders!

on 5/31/2013 8:44:00 AM

I always generously apply this to my t-zone if I know I'll be too busy (or lazy) to apply it later in the day and this is truly the BEST finishing powder I've ever used.

It does not emphasize dry patches, does not make me appear ghost white in pictures, did not break me out, and keeps my makeup in place the whole day. I will always repurchase this great product!

on 2/2/2013 12:32:00 PM

this's a very good loose powder it's so mattifying I don't know if I'll buy again only because I wanna buy the MUFE HD one

The best face powder for controlling oily skin I've tried so far. It smoothes out my skin beautifully, controls the oil very well and leaves the skin with a very natural looking matte finish - not too powdery at all, and the powder itself is very fine. The oil does break through my makeup after a couple of hours, but this powder definitely slows down the "process".
As for the packaging, as long as you don't peel of the whole cover, but just poke a few holes in it with a needle as many have syggested, you can easily avoid getting powder flying everywhere. It is a bit pricy, yes, but concidering how good it is, it's definitely worth every penny. I will definitely buy this again once I run out of it.

A very good product which does exactly what it is expected to: stops you from getting oily. I don't have super greasy skin but I do get oilier time to time. The product does its job, and keeps me happy for the whole day.
I use a cotton puff to apply but always tap the access off.
Another advantage is transparency. You don't have to worry about the shade.
The only slight minus is immobility, and it gets messy sometimes too. That's why I am using the pressed version if need to take the power with me.