MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

Just looked at the reviews from users with dry skin like I have. Guess I'm the odd man out on this. Absolutely hate it and am throwing it out after using it three times. The pros: it's not expensive and is very finely milled. The cons: sucks the very life out of my skin, making it look flat, dry, and lifeless and exaggerating any and every tiny flake in sight.

This product was not worth the hype. No matter how little used, and with brush/puff/sponge, this product causes a white chalky texture/sheen on my skin, no matter what. Terrible product. I tried to like it. Will not purchase again

on 11/27/2011 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

As a makeup artist, whose clients are most women of color, consider this review...

PRO: mattes the face

CON: 1. Messy, flies everywhere. 2. APPEARS IN FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!!! 3. Makes clients look ghostly, a dusty white cast.

on 5/24/2011 7:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product, sadly in as little as 6 hours my face broke out from it. I knew it was this because it was the only thing i did different to my morning routine. I am acne prone/oily skin, but never has a product made me break out so quickly. I guess my skin just didnt like this powder, will be taking this back as soon as i get the chance.

on 2/4/2010 4:58:00 PM

This really clung and caked on my dry spots. Made me look old and dull. No thanks!

on 2/4/2010 4:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The corn starch broke me out and the powder looked unflattering on my skin. Not for me.

Blah. This stuff is so blah. Messy Messy Messy. I am really losing my faith in MAC products. I bought this and the prep+prime lotion at the same time and they were both terrible let downs. The only good thing I can say for this powder is that days I use a cream or liquid blush this is good to set it, everything else, it seems to have no effect on or make crease. Would never buy again, might as well save your money and buy any other transparent loose powder.

on 6/9/2009 5:08:00 AM

This isn't very good for oil control if you're an oily girl. It has NOWHERE near the oil control that Blot Powder has. However it is very finely milled and that makes it good for using sparingly in places with fine lines that can't tolerate too much cakey powder, for example around the eyes and above the lips.

About the shade, it's very, very white, almost flouro white! Initially, I made the mistake of using this all over and it made my face look very pale and flat and I had to use a fair bit of bronzer to bring some life back to my face. I am a C4-C5 shade.

When I look at the shade next to Mercier's transparent powder, it is obvious how very pale this is because it makes Mercier's transparent powder looks positively creamy by comparison!

Update: Downgrading this to a 1 because of how pale it makes me look in photos. MAC please produce a tinted version! The texture is still good.

Bought this powder as the last one I had gave me major flashback in photos and I wanted that wouldn’t. I went into the Mac store and ask for any good setting powders and got recommenders this one as the woman in the store said it gave no flashback paid £18 for it to get home use it and realise it gives off the worst flashback ever to be recorded I’m very disappointed and will definitely not purchase it again

on 6/10/2011 7:09:00 AM

UPDATED2: I dug out my sample of Meow top cat powder, based on another reviewer's suggestion. It's true: Meow is better than this, it does not leave any white cast. UPDATED: I'm disliking this product more and more. If it performed outstandingly I could forgive the slight whiteness - but it doesn't. It's just very average. Blah. **** This powder is okay. Only okay. Its certainly not the best powder Ive ever used. True, it is better than the Dior extreme fix which left me with a talcum-powdered look this actually is transparent, IF you apply it extremely lightly. However, it still gives my face that slightly pale effect although its not possible to see that its the powder actually doing it since it is transparent, if you see what I mean. I was just wondering why I looked paler than normal. Im pretty fair, around NC20 perhaps. I absolutely cant see how the lovely chocolate-skinned SA could possibly have worn this powder, even though she claimed she did! The powder also does nothing for my pores and I cant understand all those raves. In order to avoid emphasising the pores on my nose I need to apply more there, using a puff, and thats when it gets really white and obvious.. It does hold the shine reasonably well, but nothing special. The pot is travel friendly but you get an incredibly small amount of product. Conclusion: another waste of money, though it could absolutely work for very pale people. Better loose powders include Giorgio Armani, Bobbi Brown and Becca.