MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.5

on 8/31/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My HG finishing powder, makes my skin look flawless and mattifies oily areas. I use it to set my foundation and then again as a finishing veil. I used to use MUFE finishing powder but this is definitely a winner as I find the MAC powder slightly more finer than MUFE

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder does what it's supposed to - works wonderful with all foundations I've tried. My face stays matte and smooth all day, and I don't feel the need to reapply during the day. It does not show off as a white cast, something I've struggled with when it comes to other transparent powders.I prefer the pressed powder over the loose one, basically because I feel like you get more control of the amount of product. I've repurchased this twice and I'm going to keep repurchasing it.

on 12/24/2014 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is pure perfection. I have been using MAC's Studio Fix powder on top of my foundation for a few years and tired of the orangey appearance that powder gave me I decided to try a transparent one. Prep&Prime powder was exactly what I was looking for.No powdery look,easy to blend,sets make up to last all day and gives the face a beautiful glow. One of the few MAC products that are worth the hype.I have been using it everyday for the last six months and it hasn't broken me out. I am very pleased with it, it's definitely worth its money and I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have the pressed version of this powder and it's just gorgeous! I'm quite lucky to have clear skin so I hate to mask it with heavy coverage products so I recently converted from Mac Studio Fix powder to this, LOVE. I weat this with Mac Prep + Prime bb cream... hello dewy, glowing skin. This powder manages to keep an oily t-zone at bay, but still allows a beautiful dewy glow. I think this is great quality for the price, for a mid to high end makeup brand. I read reviews saying it makes you look pale despite being translucent so I'm going to look out for that, I don't notice my NC35 skin tone looking pale at all. I will admit I'm going to buy Chanel Poudre Universal and compare the two, so I'll keep you posted....

on 12/17/2013 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder! This is the best translucent powder!!! I use this over my Mac face and body & make up forever hd! Face and body alone makes me look shiney, but I apply this with my elf flat top powder brush and my skins looks airbrushed. I spritz some Mac fix + and I'm good to go!!! I will definitely buy this again and again and again. I was considering giving it a 4 for packaging but what can I expect. I could have easily purchased the compaq form, but I didn't, so I won't dock it for my mistake! Great powder!!! :)

I have purchased this product twice then switched to Laura Mercier's loose powder but went back and purchased MAC's Prep+Prime loose powder for the third time. I am sure there are better products out there but this does the job for me, the only down side about it is that I wish it didn't give a completely matte finish and thus I am still hunting for a better product.

I use it mainly to:

1. Powder my concealer - I use MAC Pro Long-wear concealer and it has to be powdered; this powder has a lightweight and is perfect for setting my concealer and avoid creasing under the eye. It is also helps in preventing my eye liner flick from smudging.

2. Powder my foundation (Chanel Vitalumier) - sets foundation well, does not change the color of your foundation- gives a natural matte finish.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this primer!!! That's all I have to say about that. Haha. My skin looks flawless and perfect after I've applied this. The loose powder is a bit messy though. I was so afraid of dropping the product all over my floor the whole time I used it, and one time I actually did but I reacted fast so I could save it. Although I lost some to the floor :( But now when I know that they've done a pressed powder, I will totally buy that!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This powder is amazing! I dont like adding more coverage after applying foundation I just like to set.. this sets perfectly giving a soft focus effect imo. The container is a bit messy I don't carry this around with me but I dont find I need it after intial application. Would buy again but this literally lasts me forever!

on 5/10/2011 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I almost didn't purchase this product, mainly because it seemed a bit expensive for the small amount, but do you know what? It was worth every penny. Every single one.

on 3/26/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate powder. I like tinted moisturisers, dewy cheeks and a natural finish. But no one likes a greasy nose, so even I reluctantly admit that powder can be necessary. Chanel and Laura Mercier seem to get the powder nerds more excited, but honestly I tried them and couldn't tell the difference. It is invisible. It stops your nose being shiny. It doesn't look powdery. What more do you want? It's half the price of Chanel and it's fine. Powder is boring: spend your money on something more exciting!