MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.5

on 4/13/2009 9:39:00 PM

I like this product. I had gone to the MAC Pro Store to pick up a studio sculpt concealer and foundation, while there I was looking at the invisible setting powder but the white although "invisible" to me I looked too pale and ashy. I am an NW43 and it just wasn't working for me. The MUA suggested that I try this instead and even under harsh light it doesn't show up, it just finishes your makeup with a nice matte look. I use it very sparingly so that my skin doesn't look dry and over done. I especially love it for setting me concealer under my eyes, it doesn't cake the concealer causing it to crease in the few under eye lines I have. I usually apply a thin layer of concealer and the set it with the finising powder after which I put on my foundation and if necessary apply another thin layer of concealer, and set that. Afterwards I set the entire face with the finising powder, and spray lightly with the studio fix plus. My skin looks flawless and I only need to touch up my T-zone mid day and maybe in the evening to freshen up if I am going out after work. Even my eyeshadow stays put from 5am until I reach home late in the evening.I would definitely repurchase this item again, but even using it everyday, a little goes a long way so it will be a while before I need to repurchase it. I purchased it long before the promotional release and have been using it for at least 8-10 weeks and still have plenty left.

i'm so happy i made the snap decision to pick this up. i wasn't planning to, but i saw it while i was at the counter and figured eh why not. i was returning my studio sculpt foundation at the time so i just did an exchange.

i'm so happy i did! i really love it. it makes my pores basically invisible and sets my liquid (or powder) foundation really well and makes it last all day. and you only need a tiny bit, so even though it's sort of expensive, i can see this lasting me quite a long time.

when i run out, i think i'm going to try a cheaper silica powder just to compare, but i think this product is worth every penny and as long as it's not limited edition, i'll definitely repurchase.

on 5/2/2009 10:19:00 PM

SO IN LOVE WITH THIS!!!! I paid triple the price for La Mer loose finishing powder and this wins HANDS DOWN. I put on my studio sculpt foundation and dusted this all over with my 187 and my foundation has NOT MOVED ALL DAY LONG. This has never happened with ANYYYY other setting powder I've ever tried. I used this on a bridal party today and they ALL asked what it was. So glad they don't have to worry about their makeup melting off! Great product.

on 5/12/2009 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

5/23/09 Update: Had to add a lippie. I bought this powder a few weeks ago. It's still very messy, but am not sure what other options there are for a product that is this fine. I had to get a new powder because I found out that my old powder was oxidizing on me and making my face pink/orange. Not very flattering. Anyways, my face is mostly matte these days and I do get a nice glow from this powder. I'm not sure if it helps at all with hiding pores, but at least it's not turning me any new colors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A MAC MUA tried this on me and it was ok. Seemed kind of messy (even the MUA spilled product all over the place). The powder is very very fine so it's dustier than regular powders. I don't think that it helped my skin anymore than my current powder since I still got shiny by the end of the day. I probably would have bought it if I didn't already have some setting powder already. I'm not in love, but I can see myself owning it in the future when my powder runs out.
______________________________________
NC40, Black Hair, Brown Eyes, Combination Skin

on 5/19/2009 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not to be debbie the downer, but I found this product to be just okay. I use bare escentuals and have been using the mineral veil on top and seem to prefer the veil more than this. But, I've only used this about 3 times and the days I wore it I had a final or some big project going on, so on those days I tend not to have time to look in the mirror and look stressed out anyway--which may be the reason why I'm not completely satisfied. I'll try again and if I need to will update.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I looove this stuff! It's really good at controlling my oil slicks that I occasionally get throughout the day. I actually switched from MUFE HD powder. At 21 dollars I found it to be a steal compared to the other. It gave a great highlight when I took pictures and made my face look soft. Absolutely no oil spots on my face. By the end of the night, my face was still in tact!

on 5/29/2009 9:06:00 PM

While at a MAC counter today the SA asked me what makeup I had on cause my skin looked pretty darned good. I told her I'd share my secret if she shared her secret of the best thing to be had at MAC. Well I was wearing Studio Fix Fluid ( no secret there) and then she told me the best thing to get was this P+P Finishing Powder. She was not only a lovely SA but her suggestion was bang on. I like this setting powder ALOT especially since so little is needed to work the entire day. Looks beautifully flawless over most any foundation and my T-zone is now the happy zone.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

This finishing powder is one of my first MAC products. I purchased this on the 15th prior to the official start of MAC's Friends and Family sale though I was permitted to use the code to get 25% off - yayyy! I am extremely pleased with this product. It doesn't leave a grey'ish cast on my olive-tan skintone unlike BE's mineral veil. It has GREAT staying power - I applied it around 5 a.m. this morning and 8 hours later, there is absolutely no trace of shine. I was thinking about buying LM's Loose Setting Powder ($34) but MAC's P+P finishing powder matches the quality of LM's - and it's a steal at $21! I will definitely buy again.

on 10/9/2009 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i would have never purchased this product if i didnt get it on sale. I got it for $12 =P and its AMAZING!! i like the little sparkles it has on the lid suuper cute :)
the powder is so finely milled it looks like icing sugar. its soo silky smooth. i use it as a setting powder after i am finished applying my foundation and let me tell you, this thing sinks right into my pores and makes them disappear :| and of course my makeup lasts all day.

may i suggest poking a few holes in the protective sticker rather than removing it as if it is accidentally turned upside down and shaken around this stuff will go all over the place once you open the lid :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a very good product that does what it is supposed to do (nothing more and nothing else): set liquid foundation without changing the color. It is also silky smooth and easy to apply and blend.