MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Other
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

on 2/6/2011 12:06:00 PM

I love this product! I wear it over Mac Mineralize Foundation just on my tzone and I have no oil at all anymore!! I've never tried MUFE so I can't compare but this one does the trick

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a fabulous setting powder. I use it over my tinted moisturizer and sometimes over regular moisturizer. It makes my pores look less noticeable from a distance, skin appear and feel softer, decreases shine, and photographs well. I still need to blot once a day since I have very oily skin but I definitely look less shiny throughout the day with this on. Ive also reapplied this powder instead of blotting and it doesnt cake up. Another thing, definitely tape up some of the holes so you dispense less powder at a time!

Skin: Other, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Instant Love!
I'm really sad, that now one recommanded this to me earlier. It takes away ten years in my under-eye area, I swear!
My foundation does not migrate in my akne-prone pores anymore. Grease (still a problem for me when I use a moisturizer) is diminished dramatically and I can take MAC Blot-Powder on top of this, it will not migrate in the big pores at the top of my nose, which has been a problem before. In the last 35 years I used so many high- end and drugstore-brand powders: Clinique, Lauder, Dior, Guerlain, TLeClerque Maybelline, Shiseido, MAC Loose Powder, MSF etc. I already lost hope to find a powder that will give this flawless look to my skin. MAC Prep+Prime and Laura Mercier secret brightning powder are best I've tried so far, the latter overprized, but a tad better.
A con may be, that it's not really transparent, it will make your foundation or skin a little lighter - which is no Problem for me and my "Ditto Von Teese"-Look ;-))). Try it!!

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Amazing powder! It really sets my foundation/concealer well and gives me a soft, glowy look. I love this--haven't tried MUFE or any of the other HD powders, so I can't compare them, but this one is absolutely great!

on 12/13/2009 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

AMAZING!!!!!!! hg hg hg hg :) finally I FOUND IT. A product that doesnt make my face into a greasy mess. A product that doesnt make me nervous about my oilies coming through. A product that doesnt make me reapply every hour, making my makeup cake up. So, after reading all the reviews, I decided to finally get this ( at the moment my hg was Dream Matte Powder which was ok but I still needed to reapply ) and im SO glad i did ! I've tried every foundation ( rimmel lasting finish, revlon colorstay ( too heavy ) , bare minerals, studiofix, prestige powder, pf powder) to name a few.. And I've always wondered WHY DONT THEY LAST ON ME? It lasts on all my friends, why not me !? I spent so much money of foundations with failure and little did I know all I needed was this gem. Today I put on Maybelline Pure makeup, concealer, patted this on generously and was matte for the ENTIRE night ( 7 hours ) I couldnt beleive it! Its my first day so I cant wait to try it with the other countless foundations sitting in my drawer... Please if you are a oily mess, TRY this product.. its simply amazing!!! HG FOR OILY SKIN

on 10/5/2009 11:28:00 AM

This product is truly amazing! I have combo skin, but I get oily so quickly. My skin is also very sensitive and this doesn't break me out. I found a better way to use this by putting it on first before any foundation/concealer and then applying it again after finishing my makeup. For me, putting it on first helps keep oils at bay for longer and my foundation looks so much smoother and natural for some reason. My only gripe is the packaging which isn't good for travel.

Skin: Other, Olive, Cool

This has got to be the greatest product in my vanity! I have very oily skin and nothing has ever worked, in an hour or so I have to touch up my make-up....but when I use this I can go longer...much longer. It does give a very nice finish to your make-up but you gotta be careful how to apply otherwise you can look like casper(for olive or darker toned girls out there). The packaging is somewhat annoying esp. if your travelling with it so careful when you do, I didn't peel the paper back all the way for this reason. Great stuff and worth the money$$!!!

I really love this product as it mattifies my oily skin without looking caked on any dry or flaky patches. It also doesn't turn orange after about an hour!
I use a kabuki brush to buffer it in and when I do this my pores look reduced which is a HUGE plus for me and this means that I can wear MSF without my pores looking huge.
Im not sure if it helps to keep my makeup on longer, although I was working with pre-school kids earlier and my makeup looked just as good as when I put it on.
I dont like the packaging, the lid never seems to go on right, and I would love a compact version to carry about with me but I guess beggars cant be choosers!!
I would highly recommend to anyone with oily skin who has enlarged pores and probelms with powders turning orange.
I am paler than NC15 for reference.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought my 2nd one today at Dillards. It definitely makes a difference when i have this one on. I can't imagine wearing makeup without this. I apply before putting my mineral powder and after for a nice finish.

on 12/19/2009 11:39:00 AM

lovely stuff. Makes my skin look less poreous and smoother. Keeps me shine free all day, and its truely colorless (I'm nc42 and I wear this with no problems). The only drawback is that its super fluffy, and once you get it on top of the sifter, its never going back down. This can lead to lots of wasted product.

But, its a good price for a good amount. Been using it nearly daily for 9 months and I'm still on the same jar (but its about time for more!).