MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.1

This stuff is a dream. Cannot go without. I've combination skin and get very oily on my forehead throughout the day. This stuff cuts my oiliness down by about 80% and my makeup isn't a total mess at the end of a working day.

on 9/18/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

pros:
- blurs the skin's texture
- gives that soft finish i really enjoy
- extends the wear of my foundation

cons:
- expensive
- very small amount (only 9g to a jar - MUFE loose powder is 10g and covergirl is 20g)

repurchase: yes, it's the best loose powder i've used thus far.

on 11/1/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just bought this powder recently to try and battle oiliness throughout the day, and so far it totally does the trick! I hate touching up after I leave the house in the morning and this keeps me shine-free and my foundation in place all day. My only qualm is it is a bit messy, difficult to get the right amount out of the bottom reservoir without it exploding on my vanity.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I reviewed this product before but I feel like I should do a better review - with pro's and con's.

Okay, so this loose powder has been my go to powder this entire year. I like it because it makes my foundation last a little longer and it looks natural. Not shimmery or too cakey. I'm pretty sure this will work for the most skintypes.

Pro's:
-Looks natrual
-Makes your foundation stay for at least 9 hours
-Not shimmery or cakey
-Doesn't look "dry" if you know what I mean

Con's:
-Pretty expensive

I don't speak perfect English, I'm from Sweden.

I love this powder. I use it over foundation or on its own. It makes your skin look matt and velvety and feel lovely and soft. I buy backups of this product because the thought of running out of it makes me nervous!

on 4/22/2012 11:19:00 PM

HG setting powder for me. Very finely milled, completely translucent finishing powder. I have a moderately oily T-zone and this keeps it under control and shine free. Doesn't emphasize pores (not sure about minimizing the appearance of them) and stays on throughout the day.

Just be sure to only cut half the sticker when you first open the package. Even after cutting only half of mine, there is still an absurd amount of powder that comes through the holes.

I've been using the same container of this for nearly two years and it's still going strong.

on 11/3/2011 12:19:00 AM

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

This is incredible. It is the ONLY, **ONLY!!!** product that control oil on my nose. It mattifies my face, but doesn't add any colour. My mother has the oiliest skin I've ever seen (I'm talking high end foundations slipping off within 20 minutes oily) and I tried this on her and it kept her matte all day. I wear this alone on a 'no makeup day' with a little bit of BeneFit's Dandelion on top and it gives me this amazing natural gorgeous-but-not-flawless look. I apply this over my eye makeup and it gives my eyeshadow better wear and crease-free time than any eye primer.

Packaging is a joke, buy hey, it's a loose powder. ALL loose powders suck in the packaging department. Price isn't TOO bad. OF COURSE I will buy again. It's a no-brainer.

In short- it makes ALL my makeup last longer, look better and stops oil from appearing on my nose. BUY BUY BUY! Don't even hesitate! This is the holy grail of powders and I have no idea why it doesn't have cult status.

on 9/1/2011 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This really lasts forever. Great for controlling oil and mattifying after foundation. Very comparable to mufe hd powder, but personally I think this one is better for shine control and it's cheaper. Great setting powder!

on 7/2/2011 5:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is amazing stuff. I had been wearing MUFE's version and wore this one day instead. My friend had been telling me all week that I looked sick, and the one day I wore this she commented on how great (and naturally healthy!!!) I looked. This was the first time she's given me a positive comment on my complexion (I'm very pale with dark circles so I look sick most of the time!!).

Anyway, I also wore this whilst seeing my brother and sister-in-law and they also commented on how healthy I looked (this is the first time my brother has complimented me in my 28 yrs)!!

Even though this costs me three times as much as the MUFE version, it's performance is amazing and well worth it. In Australia this costs $42 for a tiny container, but is the best lose powder I've ever tried (and I've tried at least 30 of them). It sets my makeup perfectly and makes me look so healthy- no chalky face here! IT'S AMAZING STUFF!!!!

on 6/7/2011 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was heartbroken because my favourite powder (the Blot loose) has become harder and harder to find (disc'd?).
I was going to repurchase MUFE HD silica powder, but on a whim I decided to try this P&P from MAC, in hopes it would come close to Blot...and I'm glad I did!
It looks totally translucent on me, melts in my skin and gives a great finish to my foundations. It seems to blur imperfections, and to keep me matte longer than I'd be otherwise.
I have nothing bad to say about this product, price is reasonable (wish the container was bigger like the loose Blot!), and it delivers.
I think it is better than MUFE HD in terms of oil control.