MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.1

Just looked at the reviews from users with dry skin like I have. Guess I'm the odd man out on this. Absolutely hate it and am throwing it out after using it three times. The pros: it's not expensive and is very finely milled. The cons: sucks the very life out of my skin, making it look flat, dry, and lifeless and exaggerating any and every tiny flake in sight.

This product was not worth the hype. No matter how little used, and with brush/puff/sponge, this product causes a white chalky texture/sheen on my skin, no matter what. Terrible product. I tried to like it. Will not purchase again

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is the perfect product, well tarnishing. Just pack the failed :(

This stuff is a dream. Cannot go without. I've combination skin and get very oily on my forehead throughout the day. This stuff cuts my oiliness down by about 80% and my makeup isn't a total mess at the end of a working day.

I bought this to set my foundation and it does just that, it really made it stay in place. But I'm not huge fan of powders so I don't use it every day, only when I feel like it. The only thing I REALLY hate about this product is the packaging. I hate loose powders. It gets messy and I feel like a lot of it comes out and it is a wate of product for me. They do make a pressed powder in this which would be better for me, but I haven't made the effort to go get it yet. But the price isn't that bad in my opinion, compared to others.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After seeing various make up artists use this powder, I decided to purchase it and give it a go.
-The amount of product is not worth the price. But, a little goes a long way so at least I'll be getting my money's worth.
-I love that it is translucent but it makes my face look slightly pale.
-I love that it applies smoothly and gives yours skin a silky finish.
-It keeps my oily skin under control and helps my foundation stay on longer.
-Does not work well with flash photos.
Despite all the positive, I would not be repurchasing this product.

on 10/4/2015 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I honestly don't know what to rate this. I really don't know how exactly I feel about this product. This is my first ever translucent powder I've used, so I can't compare it to many others which is why eventually once I've tried out another I will come back to re-rate this and revise my review. It has so many good reviews, so I genuinely am conflicted as to why it's not working out for me.

It's not horrible, but it's not good. It does keep oils at bay for a longer period of time, but honestly it's not spectacular. It only keeps me oil-free for slightly longer, sometimes I don't know why I even include the extra step.

Also I have had two huge mishaps with this powder twice. Due to it not really preventing oil all that much, I tried to apply a bit more than usual so I could really see its potential. Wrong. Horrible. Never again. I did this twice, I became an absolute cakey mess. I'm talking, foundation cracking around the eyes, nose, mouth, upper lip and I don't have dry skin. I had to spray 10 fix+ pumps to even mildly fix it, but in the end I couldn't leave the house like that and I had to take it off. I have to be so cautious with this powder, it's such a pain sometimes.

However most of the time I don't become a cakey mess, and in those times I'd rate it maybe a 3.5/5? It does do something at least. I do feel like it's not as finely milled as some other translucents I've felt at Sephora too. Once I'm done with this, I am going to try the Laura Mercier OR the Mac Pressed Translucent powder because I feel like that would be less likely to give me excess product and hopefully I will get better results and for that I will not be repurchasing.

on 9/18/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

pros:
- blurs the skin's texture
- gives that soft finish i really enjoy
- extends the wear of my foundation

cons:
- expensive
- very small amount (only 9g to a jar - MUFE loose powder is 10g and covergirl is 20g)

repurchase: yes, it's the best loose powder i've used thus far.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Bought this as a treat as the price is outrageous. You can get something identical from GOSH for half the price and ELF for even less.

That said, I do love this. It blurs the look of pores, mattifies without dulling, and sets my face rally nicely. It does need touching up during the day which other powder doesn't so much.

I'd like the compact one for work, but next time I will get the GOSH one.

on 3/11/2015 8:23:00 AM

I really like this setting powder. Really good for setting your foundation or concealer, makes the skin look so good and smooth. It feels amazingly soft on the skin and I have nothing to complain about regarding this product. Absolutely love it, and I would definitely buy it again.