MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.4

on 12/26/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing powder - this sets make up really well and gives a wonderful finish, particularly for photos! Transparent too so never looks cakey or affects foundation. You can never apply too much!

This stuff is a dream. Cannot go without. I've combination skin and get very oily on my forehead throughout the day. This stuff cuts my oiliness down by about 80% and my makeup isn't a total mess at the end of a working day.

on 1/30/2015 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Apart from the occasion where i'm throwing a tantrum, this is my favourite finishing powder. I have tried them all, every powder in the world you can name. I like my skin to look like my skin, i tend to put this over some concealer and that will be it for my base and it makes me look flawless and MATTE. Use too much and you will have a slight white cast, but as soon as the wind blows and an hour passes, it just looks like you woke up like this.

Over any foundation, it keeps it matte, much better than Vichy or anything else talc-based which always irritates my skin and makes my face red for some reason. Even in the rain this baby holds and so you don't get an embarrassing white streaked face (if you just use plain arrowroot or cornflour, this happens).

I have really sensitive, acne prone, oily/combination skin, and this doesn't irritate (no redness or spots) and keeps me shine free pretty much all day. It's expensive, but there's a ton always being sold on ebay for less, so if you're feeling uncomfortable for forking out for something you are unfamiliar with, just get one on there and you can always pass it on!

As for the packaging, can people get over it, powder does get everywhere no matter what. I've never had a packaging for a powder that has somehow magically contained all the powder within the base. Even with the posh twisty things in some of Bourjois, Smashbox etc.

Lastly, this is very different from the pressed version for some reason. The pressed irritated me and didn't mattify as well or for as long at all... so if you're going for one or the other, i would choose this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I reviewed this product before but I feel like I should do a better review - with pro's and con's.

Okay, so this loose powder has been my go to powder this entire year. I like it because it makes my foundation last a little longer and it looks natural. Not shimmery or too cakey. I'm pretty sure this will work for the most skintypes.

Pro's:
-Looks natrual
-Makes your foundation stay for at least 9 hours
-Not shimmery or cakey
-Doesn't look "dry" if you know what I mean

Con's:
-Pretty expensive

I don't speak perfect English, I'm from Sweden.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this primer!!! That's all I have to say about that. Haha. My skin looks flawless and perfect after I've applied this. The loose powder is a bit messy though. I was so afraid of dropping the product all over my floor the whole time I used it, and one time I actually did but I reacted fast so I could save it. Although I lost some to the floor :( But now when I know that they've done a pressed powder, I will totally buy that!

Besides that it can be a little messy and it's not the cheapest; this is my best weapon in the summer against super oily skin. I LOVE it. It does help to absorb any shine coming on and also helps to keep any foundation I have on in place.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

amazing, makes pores disappear giving you an airbrushed finish.
However, ease up if having lots of photos taken :) as it can give you a washed out white mask effect.
now comes in pressed as well, next time i will purchase that one :D

on 9/1/2011 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This really lasts forever. Great for controlling oil and mattifying after foundation. Very comparable to mufe hd powder, but personally I think this one is better for shine control and it's cheaper. Great setting powder!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I apsolutely love this! I wear this with and without makeup, I find it makes my face so soft and natural looking and gets rid of my oil on my skin. It almost makes me speechless, I definitely recommend this!

on 6/7/2011 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was heartbroken because my favourite powder (the Blot loose) has become harder and harder to find (disc'd?).
I was going to repurchase MUFE HD silica powder, but on a whim I decided to try this P&P from MAC, in hopes it would come close to Blot...and I'm glad I did!
It looks totally translucent on me, melts in my skin and gives a great finish to my foundations. It seems to blur imperfections, and to keep me matte longer than I'd be otherwise.
I have nothing bad to say about this product, price is reasonable (wish the container was bigger like the loose Blot!), and it delivers.
I think it is better than MUFE HD in terms of oil control.