MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is terribly cost prohibitive but it's an awesome powder absorbs oil the best of all loose powders & the pressed is equal to MAC Blot powder if not a little bit superior imo. MAC & Chanel make the best powders. P&P is my go to in the AM. Chanel ridiculously expensive it's absurd but MAC is more affordable than chanel (when do I not feel like saving $20?! I can buy a lipstick!) lastly you can back to MAC the empty containers 6 gets u a new lipstick!! 9g is stingy but hey you are always getting a fresh supply if ur a regular user. I haven't even panned my P&P pressed powder & I've had it since xmas but I don't use it every single day I'm rotating P&P loose & P&P pressed between my chanel, blot powder, studiofix & bareminerals. Don't try this unless you want to start a high end powder habit lol the DS stuff won't compare. It's so finely miled & controls oil. I apply it w my Laura mercier powder puff I feel like my brushes are mostly ineffectual i use cheap brushes thou. Spend all the cash on the products none on the applicators ha ha I do have a few MAC & chanel brushes. None that work well w this powder. :/ hmmm...

on 12/26/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing powder - this sets make up really well and gives a wonderful finish, particularly for photos! Transparent too so never looks cakey or affects foundation. You can never apply too much!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product. I live in a very windy city with harsh weather conditions that usually wreck my makeup immediately as I step out of my building. This powder however stays where it should throughout the walk to/ whole day at the office. It gives my face a nice blurred finish evening out the skin tone almost like a portable instafilter. I've noticed that my skin looks much better in photos with this stuff on too, more even and glowy.

As others have pointed out, the packaging is a bit messy and if you carry it around it's quite easy to spill, but the price is fair (even here in Sweden) and I'm definitely buying again.

This stuff is a dream. Cannot go without. I've combination skin and get very oily on my forehead throughout the day. This stuff cuts my oiliness down by about 80% and my makeup isn't a total mess at the end of a working day.

It is one of Mac products that doesn't disappoint me. I use this to finish my makeup, dusting lightly all over my face. It helps my makeup look flawless, especially in pictures.

However, always remember to dust this powder only as much as you need (more than that can be a disaster). This is a finishing powder, so when dusted too much it might leave white cast that will not be apparent in real person (but shows up in pictures, yikes!).

I do sometimes use this as my setting powder (and again, only VERY lightly dusted). I know people raved so much about Elf HD powder, but after using both products for a while, I dare to say this powder is still superior. Mac one is more finely milled compared to Elf (I could still find big powder particles from Elf which sometimes were left behind on my face).

If you can afford it, go with this powder.

Incredible stuff. Makes my oily skin spotless and matte all day.
You only need a tiny amount, this stuff will last forever.
It helps blur redness and uneven skin.
Packaging can be a tad messy, but very minimal.
Best powder I've used thus far, I've tried em all.

on 9/18/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

pros:
- blurs the skin's texture
- gives that soft finish i really enjoy
- extends the wear of my foundation

cons:
- expensive
- very small amount (only 9g to a jar - MUFE loose powder is 10g and covergirl is 20g)

repurchase: yes, it's the best loose powder i've used thus far.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

You only need a small amount so the product should last a long time, makes the skin look smooth and mattifies the skin for a long time, best loose finishing powder.

on 8/31/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My HG finishing powder, makes my skin look flawless and mattifies oily areas. I use it to set my foundation and then again as a finishing veil. I used to use MUFE finishing powder but this is definitely a winner as I find the MAC powder slightly more finer than MUFE

on 6/22/2015 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin that just wont keep my makeup in tact a whole work day (8am-5pm). After reading a few dozen reviews on this powder, I bit the bullet and ordered this from online. The container is much smaller than I assumed it would be after reading the reviews, but I can tell there is a lot of product in there and it'll last a while. This product does exactly what it says it will, and I'm in love. I do disagree with other reviewers about the holes being too big/too much product being wasted. You just has to be using the right brush! Like a kabuki :)
(I've already rebought this product. One container lasts me about 4 months.)