MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.5

Wanted to love this product. The powder still looked a little white on me, which made me look super pale. It also gave me a cakey look on my face. Will stick to MAC Blot Powder!

on 12/28/2011 11:02:00 PM

I bought this hoping I would love it as a setting powder and I did..until I saw myself in photos. It leaves a white cast/shadow in photos and I absolutely hate it. If it weren't for that, I would love this product. It sets my foundation nicely without looking cakey (I think those who say it makes their faces cakey used too much product) and it mattifies my face. If you know for sure you won't be in any photos, use this product. If you don't want to take the chance, go look for another setting powder.

For reference: I'm asian. nc40

on 7/6/2012 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to get a handle on these types of light loose powders, and this one is no exception. It feels really cool to the touch, and I can see how it smooths the skin when I swatch it, but I can't seem to get a hang of application. I've used all types of brushes - natural, synthetic, duo fibre, fluffy, dense - and invariably they cause a big cloud of flour-like mess and don't make a huge difference in the appearance of my make-up. For me, it's just not worth the messy application and the time spent to apply. I also hate the packaging - there are way too many holes that are way too big, and powder inevitable sifts up during storage, even if I try my best to not turn it upside down. Like I said, it's just not worth the bother for me. I'm trying the pressed version now.

on 5/19/2009 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not to be debbie the downer, but I found this product to be just okay. I use bare escentuals and have been using the mineral veil on top and seem to prefer the veil more than this. But, I've only used this about 3 times and the days I wore it I had a final or some big project going on, so on those days I tend not to have time to look in the mirror and look stressed out anyway--which may be the reason why I'm not completely satisfied. I'll try again and if I need to will update.

on 11/12/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use it to set my undereye concealer (Mac studio finish and BB creamy concealer) and also a bit over my face to set my foundation . It really helps to prevent my concealer to crease, it sets everything in place, so I really happy with it for that purpose.

I just hate to use loose powders. And with this jard, that all the powder get on the upper part of the retainer. I may try the pressed version.

When doing your own makeup or doing makeup on a client, it is extremely vital to set your makeup for a flawless, long-lasting look.
Most clients approach me with the problem of creases on their eyelids and under their eyes, and this amazing product will easily help you to forget these problems!
If you have problems with creases on your lids once your makeup is complete, you have either put too much moisturiser on your oily lids or your have used a product on your lids which is releasing too much oil combined with your natural oil. Also, if once your concealer/foundation is complete and you are constantly trying to pat away the creases beneath your lower lids - simply sweep a small amount of the loose powder to set your concealer/foundation. For your lids, use a loose eyeshadow brush and pat a small amount to avoid any oils being released in unwanted areas.
This product is highly recommended, especially if you have oily/combination skin. I am aware that some SA may recommend the MAC Fix Spray to set your makeup, but if your skin is prone to releasing any oils during the day, it will accentuate the oils and if not, make it a lot worse!
I hope this review helps you ladies out there! Check out www.Nataliamakeup.com for looks which have been finished with this Finishing Powder and some which have been set with the MAC Fix Spray.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wonderful powder. True to the name, this is completely translucent and undetectable after application onto the skin. The texture is finely milled and scentless. I have normal skin, so a light dusting over the entire face is enough to keep shininess at bay.

As for lasting power, no complaints here. This lasts me a full school day without touchups.

My only problem with this product is the packaging. I think the holes in the lid to dispense the powder must be cut a little too big. I have to be careful with the product now that almost half of it has spilled into the upper portion of the container. For application, I use a large fluffy brush and gently pick up a small amount of powder, swirl onto the lid, and apply.

As other reviewers have mentioned, I would recommend only cutting off half (or even a third) of the sticker on the lid. Otherwise a perfect finishing powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this product. I have combo/oily skin, and used to always have to either touch up my foundation by mid-day, or accept the fact it was gone! With this, it's a whole new ballgame. I just dust this lightly over my finished face and voila! Perfection. Sometimes if I put too much I can see a white cast, but that's my fault for being too heavy-handed, not the product's.

Because it has a sifter lid thingie, and I feel that I waste SO much product if I don't do this, I Scotch tape over almost all the holes except one row of 2-3 holes. That way I can get product out, but don't waste any, and severely cut down on the risk of getting way too much product on my brush. A little goes a long way, so even though the container looks tiny, it'll last ages!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is great for setting make up without adding extra color onto the skin. This helps my make up, especially cream blush, last longer, and also helps me with excess oil. My only con is the packaging, I wish it had it had a twisting cover over the sifter so that the powder wasn't so messy.

i have this. its pretty good, i just wish that the packaging wasn't so small. I always feel like i should buy two at once with this powder incase i run out. but it does the job well.