MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.5

on 11/2/2009 12:37:00 AM

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with almost everyone on this product =(. Based on other reviews, I was expecting a product that would make me look poreless, and blurs all my "imperfections" while making me less oily. I'd have to say no to everything. My pores looked exactly the same, my few "imperfections" were still very clearly there and this made me more oily than Maybelline Dream Matte powder- I have to blot within 3 hours and I don't even have very oily skin. In fact, I thought this was like the MUFE HD powder (which also did nothing for me) so now I have 2 barely used translucent powders that do nothing- on me anyways. I did try to useing vaying amounts but nothing worked. One note- I don't wear foundation, just a base so maybe that's why it doesn't seem to work? But then again, I can't remember exactly which one but either one or both of the powders said that I can use it on a bare face and none of them said specifically that it only works over foundation. So, in the end I was very disappointed with this. It did absolutely nothing for me.

on 3/11/2015 5:43:00 AM

Perfect powder for setting my foundation! Soft, light and velvety, applies smoothly and the overall finish doesn't cake or feel heavy. No complaints for basic everyday use :-) However... I will only use this powder for daytime wear to work, as it helps my foundation last throughout the day. For all the other times (nights out/special occasions) I avoid this product completely. Flash photography will leave you with a ghostly white flashback face :-( which is a real shame as this is actually a really good powder. Apart from this one flaw I have found, I would still recommend this product to anyone looking for a good finishing powder as it does the job and it is perfect for daytime wear! Just beware of the flash ;-) xo

I bought this to set my foundation and it does just that, it really made it stay in place. But I'm not huge fan of powders so I don't use it every day, only when I feel like it. The only thing I REALLY hate about this product is the packaging. I hate loose powders. It gets messy and I feel like a lot of it comes out and it is a wate of product for me. They do make a pressed powder in this which would be better for me, but I haven't made the effort to go get it yet. But the price isn't that bad in my opinion, compared to others.

on 3/4/2012 9:34:00 PM

I really like this powder - not love, but really like. It doesn't break me out (I have sensitive skin), it's not too cakey on my dry-ish skin, and it's perfect for when you don't want to use a coloured/pigmented powder (which can sometimes make your foundation look too heavy or obvious). It seems to set my makeup well (better than without it), it keeps some of the shine at bay (not all but some), and I generally feel like after I lightly dust this on after doing my liquid foundation, it just makes my foundation look 20% better (so it is subtle, but still noticeable). I don't know why or how, but it just does. Until I find my HG finishing powder, this will continue to serve me well.

on 8/30/2011 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very very dark circles and I use a generous amount of either Studio Finish concealer or MAC Full coverage foundation to cover them up. I needed a very fine powder to set the concealer , that wouldn't emphasize all the fine lines and wrinkles under my eyes . I have tried Laura Mercier , MUFE HD and MAC Prep & Prime.
This is the only powder that does what I was looking for.
I use it exclusively under my eyes and have never used it to set foundation so I can't comment on that .

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Great product. I thought I'd found my HG loose powder (small convenient packaging, no oxidization, makes my skin smooth and soft...), but I was running low on it, so I purchased the MUFE HD loose powder.
Sorry but MUFE HD is superior. It is much softer, REALLY gives me a poreless, airbrushed look, and makes my skin soo soft.

on 12/14/2009 2:17:00 AM

I got this in the summer hoping that it would control my oil....well...it worked better than my other powders but i still got oily on my t-zone...anyway, it's one of the better powders but still looking for my HG...
on the plus side, it did cover my pores and made my face smoother...it also gave me a great finish...it didn't cakey or made my face look powdered down...and it's good to use in the winter...might buy it again for winter use..

almost forgot...i hate the packing!!!it's so messy and i always spill a lot of the product when i use it...

Brilliant product, I am on my second. The sifter allows too mush powder through and it is messy but I put some sticky tape over the sifter and poked fewer holes in it. It sets my foundation without altering the colour. Much better than using MSF natural.

on 7/18/2009 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I quite like this product. I use it over my liquid foundation and find that it does help it last longer. It has a nice finish and it seems to "smooth" my skin out.

I love the finish this product gives. It sets liquid foundation really well. I definitely believe it was worth the money.