MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.5

on 4/13/2009 9:39:00 PM

I like this product. I had gone to the MAC Pro Store to pick up a studio sculpt concealer and foundation, while there I was looking at the invisible setting powder but the white although "invisible" to me I looked too pale and ashy. I am an NW43 and it just wasn't working for me. The MUA suggested that I try this instead and even under harsh light it doesn't show up, it just finishes your makeup with a nice matte look. I use it very sparingly so that my skin doesn't look dry and over done. I especially love it for setting me concealer under my eyes, it doesn't cake the concealer causing it to crease in the few under eye lines I have. I usually apply a thin layer of concealer and the set it with the finising powder after which I put on my foundation and if necessary apply another thin layer of concealer, and set that. Afterwards I set the entire face with the finising powder, and spray lightly with the studio fix plus. My skin looks flawless and I only need to touch up my T-zone mid day and maybe in the evening to freshen up if I am going out after work. Even my eyeshadow stays put from 5am until I reach home late in the evening.I would definitely repurchase this item again, but even using it everyday, a little goes a long way so it will be a while before I need to repurchase it. I purchased it long before the promotional release and have been using it for at least 8-10 weeks and still have plenty left.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Over the past year- this product has really become a staple for me. I had so many Love/Hate moments with it, and nearly gave it up for swap. I initially got a sample of this in a swap, and I loved the coverage after applying liquid foundation- so I ordered a full size. Upon trying it again, it didn't (and still doesn't) work as a setting powder, it made me look stark white, even with the smallest amount, and it look chalky. I was so confused becuase I had such luck with the sample, so I put it to the side. After awhile, after setting with with my powder (I mix Studio Fix powder with my Maybelline Dream Matte, they work super well togther..) I found my skin lacked that 'glow' so I lightly applied this with my MAC 131 brush just under my eyes and nose, and it made my skin look airbrushed and flawless! ......Now, I cannot go a makeup day without applying this lightly after powdering. This goes an completely smooth, not chalky. I honestly though, cannot use this for just setting my foundation, it simply doesn't work for my skin- but it does have so many other great uses, for example:

1) After filling my brows and setting them with a clear gel, I lighty dust this over and it keeps them in place all day.

2) This is an amazing lip primer! (I contacted MAC to see if this was lip safe, they said it would be fine- just don't injest it LOL) I put on some lipbalm & lightly blot this over top, and my lipsticks and glosses last for hours and no settling into fine lip lines, and no gross white lines (so this work well for more nude lipsticks).....

3) If you just want to even out your skin, this is fantastic because you can just use it over moisturized or primed skin and look a little more put together, without having to apply foundation.

4) If you apply a very bright blush, a little bit of this dusted over will subdue the color nicely (also great for blush mishaps!)

All in all, I'm very glad I didn't get rid of this product, because I adore it- maybe not for what its suppose to do, but it works amazingly well for more multi-purpose use. Also, I have grown to adore loose powders, because they last ages! I've had this over a year, and I have not come close to finishing it. A great verstatile product!

on 5/29/2009 9:06:00 PM

While at a MAC counter today the SA asked me what makeup I had on cause my skin looked pretty darned good. I told her I'd share my secret if she shared her secret of the best thing to be had at MAC. Well I was wearing Studio Fix Fluid ( no secret there) and then she told me the best thing to get was this P+P Finishing Powder. She was not only a lovely SA but her suggestion was bang on. I like this setting powder ALOT especially since so little is needed to work the entire day. Looks beautifully flawless over most any foundation and my T-zone is now the happy zone.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

LOVE this stuff! I don't know how I lived without it for so long or why I never tried it sooner! My MA recommended this over my Studio Fix Fluid, and under MSFN and it's amazing! I was using the Allison Rafael transparent powder from Sephora for a few years and the MAC is 1000 times better! I can't even believe it! I live in FL and it's so humid so after few hours my foundation would ALWAYS look shiny before, but this really sets it and it lasts WAY longer and looks nice all day long, even if I am outside!

I would highly recommend this powder to anyone with combo to oily skin or who lives in a humid area where you need something to set your foundation. LOVE IT!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh wow, this is a really fantastic powder. I have been resigned to the fact that I have an oily T zone and will always be quite shiny by lunch-time. This product has made an enormous difference- I was amazed the first day I used it and I touched my hand to my forehead in the evening and realised that it actually felt dry and not oily! Also stops concealer from budging, and have not found that my face is really white in photos. Can't think of any cons for this product, I know a lot of people don't like the packaging but it doesn't really bother me.

on 5/21/2010 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

When you purchase it, just tear out half of the seal that covers the holes. That should take care of the 'sifties'
Or better still, leave the seal on and use a sharp needle to punch 4 holes. Thats actually a better option.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a very good product that does what it is supposed to do (nothing more and nothing else): set liquid foundation without changing the color. It is also silky smooth and easy to apply and blend.

i'm so happy i made the snap decision to pick this up. i wasn't planning to, but i saw it while i was at the counter and figured eh why not. i was returning my studio sculpt foundation at the time so i just did an exchange.

i'm so happy i did! i really love it. it makes my pores basically invisible and sets my liquid (or powder) foundation really well and makes it last all day. and you only need a tiny bit, so even though it's sort of expensive, i can see this lasting me quite a long time.

when i run out, i think i'm going to try a cheaper silica powder just to compare, but i think this product is worth every penny and as long as it's not limited edition, i'll definitely repurchase.

on 11/12/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use it to set my undereye concealer (Mac studio finish and BB creamy concealer) and also a bit over my face to set my foundation . It really helps to prevent my concealer to crease, it sets everything in place, so I really happy with it for that purpose.

I just hate to use loose powders. And with this jard, that all the powder get on the upper part of the retainer. I may try the pressed version.

on 8/31/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My HG finishing powder, makes my skin look flawless and mattifies oily areas. I use it to set my foundation and then again as a finishing veil. I used to use MUFE finishing powder but this is definitely a winner as I find the MAC powder slightly more finer than MUFE