MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.5

on 5/2/2009 4:16:00 AM

Saw this on at the MAC store the other day and thought it's just one of those colourless setting powder, but then I walked closer and saw the words prep + prime.....that made me ask the SA what this is for.

It turns out you can use this both before you apply your powder foundation or after your liquid one. She tried it on the back of my hand and oohhh....it feels so smooth and so I just had to have it (LOL).

To prep for power foundation it makes your skin really smooth and so when applying powder foundation afterwards you'd notice that your brush won't drag on the skin, especially if you are using a synthetic brush.

To Prime it sets really well and has a softening affect, ideal for fine lines under eyes or on the face.

I'm very please that with this both it's performance and it's lightness. Not sure how oil resistant it is once summer hits, but so far so good.

Note: The SA at the MAC store taught me to apply with a sponge.

UPDATE: SUMMER is here and It's crazy hot where I live, my combo t-zone is pumping an oil slick. = ( I notice that when I wear this to either set or prime my foundation would last a lot longer and definitely hold off that shine. Really loving this helping my foundation stay on longer matter in the t-zone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This powder does a great job of setting your foundation and leaving your skin with that silky, powdery finish. I have oily skin and with this powder on, I wore foundation for 8 hours before I felt like I had to touch up. Overall, I think the idea behind the powder basically says it all. I also wore it today over my moisturizer and I noticed that I didn't get that moisturized shine that I tend to get about halfway through the day. I would suggest everyone who needs a bit of oil control and want to set their makeup in one quick step.

I love the finish this product gives. It sets liquid foundation really well. I definitely believe it was worth the money.

on 6/16/2009 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry skin and just wanted something to make it appear smoother and make cover up a little redness since I rarely wear foundation. It doesn't really help with the redness but it does make my skin appear much better. It does not accentuate dry patches or flakes, it actually makes my skin appear less dry because to the luminous quality. I would definitely repurchase! Oh like others have said, don't peel off the sticker, i just peeled it back 1/3 and it's less messy that way.

on 7/18/2009 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I quite like this product. I use it over my liquid foundation and find that it does help it last longer. It has a nice finish and it seems to "smooth" my skin out.

on 8/28/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Iv been looking for a setting powder with no colour that doesnt cake up on my face and make my dry skin even worse and this is amazing!!! I really wasnt getting my hopes up with this stuff thinking it wouldnt do anything and would be the same as everything else but I was wrong... So silky and smooth and perfect, glides on - does not catch in my dry skin, gives my skin a lovely glow and is just the best!!! Does exactly what it says
Totally impressed - bit messy to get out the tub but never mind! Will update in a week or so to see how im getting on :)

on 9/18/2009 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

OMG THE REVIEWS SAY IT ALL. AMAZING FINISHING POWDER. MY FACE LOOKS AIR BRUSHED AFTER USING THIS TO SET MY FOUNDATION, PLUS ITS NOT CAKEY YOU ONLY NEED A LITTLE BIT, IT WORTH THE MONEY I HAD TO GET BACKUPS.

No complaints on this product. I like to use this to set my liquid foundation because it is so finely milled and is translucent.
I don't need any additional coverage after liquid foundation, so I prefer setting my makeup with this over something like Mineralize skin finish natural.

I have normal to dry skin (dry cheek area), and this doesn't make my makeup look cakey, which i like and it makes my face super smooth.

on 11/2/2009 12:37:00 AM

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with almost everyone on this product =(. Based on other reviews, I was expecting a product that would make me look poreless, and blurs all my "imperfections" while making me less oily. I'd have to say no to everything. My pores looked exactly the same, my few "imperfections" were still very clearly there and this made me more oily than Maybelline Dream Matte powder- I have to blot within 3 hours and I don't even have very oily skin. In fact, I thought this was like the MUFE HD powder (which also did nothing for me) so now I have 2 barely used translucent powders that do nothing- on me anyways. I did try to useing vaying amounts but nothing worked. One note- I don't wear foundation, just a base so maybe that's why it doesn't seem to work? But then again, I can't remember exactly which one but either one or both of the powders said that I can use it on a bare face and none of them said specifically that it only works over foundation. So, in the end I was very disappointed with this. It did absolutely nothing for me.

Brilliant product, I am on my second. The sifter allows too mush powder through and it is messy but I put some sticky tape over the sifter and poked fewer holes in it. It sets my foundation without altering the colour. Much better than using MSF natural.