MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

$21 for 0.28 oz. Someone emailed me asking if it reduces redness, which is a good question. It is sheer, and feels feather light. You don't feel it on your skin, it's weightless and lighter than loose face powder. However it can tone down blush if you apply too much, and it will set any liquid or cream base. It's even light enough to use under the eyes to set concealer. I'm not partial to any one brand, but the price is more reasonable than MUFE. It doesn't settle into fine lines and does give a soft focus glow. Not because there is shimmer in it, but because it is so light and the color gives a bit of luminous matte skin. These types of powders last a long time for me because I don't have oily skin. If you do, it won't stop the oil from coming but it does last longer than a basic powder. If you have a problem with redness I would check out the new Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder.

A silky finishing powder that provides an invisible way to set makeup. Reduces shine while optically minimizing the look of pores, lines, imperfections. Available in one universal colour that suits all shades. Wear over makeup or on bare, moisturized skin. It debuted with the Colour Ready collection.

on 4/6/2009 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this the day I got it and immediately fell in love with it. I tend to get pretty oily at times and usually blot it away. Well, this time I used a little bit of the finishing powder and it immediately made all the shininess disappear! Itdoes not turn my face white or make it look powdery at all. It makes my face feel nice and smooth after I put it on. I defintely recommend it. Glad it's permanent!

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I rated that I wouldn't buy this product again not because it isn't good - it is great. I bought it this weekend based on many reviews that I'd read about it. Does it take away shine? Yes. Does it set your makeup? Yes. But it's like MUFE's setting powder. Both are overpriced and I've found the exact same setting powder that feels, sets, and lasts the same from www.egminerals.com for much less.

on 4/6/2009 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased mainly out of curiousity. I have a very oily T zone and after visiting my local MAC counter, was told that overtime this would help with the "appearance" and softening of my skin. Plus I was told it's LE so of course I caved and purchased this. I have since tried it out 2x. Once when applied @the Mac counter and yesterday. This stuff works very well. Helped my skin stay oil free for about 6-7 hrs, and minimized the appearance of my huge pores. I don't know that I would buy again due to it's steep price, but I would definitely try either CS silica sphere powder-- which is compared to MUFE finishing powder. Gives a very nice matte apperance.

on 4/6/2009 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! I have pretty oily skin and this is really good at controling oil. It's not perfect; I do have to reapply once or twice a day, but I can handle that!!! No break-outs yet. I don't really expect any since I have used all of these ingredients before, but MAC makeup has a way of ruining that for me. We shall see. Keeping my fingers crossed because I love it!!!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've only had this for a couple days so I'm going to give it another week before giving my full honest review. But for now the consistency of the powder and staying power seem fine.

on 4/13/2009 9:39:00 PM

I like this product. I had gone to the MAC Pro Store to pick up a studio sculpt concealer and foundation, while there I was looking at the invisible setting powder but the white although "invisible" to me I looked too pale and ashy. I am an NW43 and it just wasn't working for me. The MUA suggested that I try this instead and even under harsh light it doesn't show up, it just finishes your makeup with a nice matte look. I use it very sparingly so that my skin doesn't look dry and over done. I especially love it for setting me concealer under my eyes, it doesn't cake the concealer causing it to crease in the few under eye lines I have. I usually apply a thin layer of concealer and the set it with the finising powder after which I put on my foundation and if necessary apply another thin layer of concealer, and set that. Afterwards I set the entire face with the finising powder, and spray lightly with the studio fix plus. My skin looks flawless and I only need to touch up my T-zone mid day and maybe in the evening to freshen up if I am going out after work. Even my eyeshadow stays put from 5am until I reach home late in the evening.I would definitely repurchase this item again, but even using it everyday, a little goes a long way so it will be a while before I need to repurchase it. I purchased it long before the promotional release and have been using it for at least 8-10 weeks and still have plenty left.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this powder. Buffed on with the appropriate brush and used in conjunction with my Prep+Prime Skin with SPF 50, it made my skin appear flawless and instantly smooth. It didn't exactly last all day, but it did last a good 6 hours before I needed to reapply. That didn't bother me at all because, even after the second application, I didn't look chalky or cakey like I had expected.

The product is a bit on the expensive side, but seeing that very little is needed per application, this jar will take you a long way. I will definitely purchase again.

EDIT: This is LE but the SA told me that there is a powder available at the pro store that is basically the same so I'm not absolutely dying to stock up on this.

**EDIT #2** This is no longer LE! YAYYYY!

on 4/19/2009 11:49:00 PM

I really like this product. My skin did look pretty flawless with this as my finishing powder and it really kept my oily skin under control for several hours. Its s small jar, but you only need a very small amount of powder, so this should last a very long time. I definitely recommend this.

on 4/20/2009 12:04:00 AM

I really like this powder. It sets my makeup perfectly and I do not have to apply throughout the day ( I have combo skin, with a fairly oily t-zone) I love how flawless my skin looks after I apply it!