MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

on 6/9/2016 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

i've added some photos.

UPDATE: it does change the tone of my foundation, like it delete the warmness of my foundation, but nothing too crazy.

sooo yeah i do like this product, it just does what it says to be short. I'm using it with a kabuki brush which makes it very easy to apply.
the only thing is the packaging is a very big mess, so i've found a solution haha, i bought a kind of compact powder box thingy from the face shop and then put the mac powder inside (i have posted the photos).

remember to do not put too much if you don't wanna look like a ghost, loll.

on 4/19/2016 4:06:00 AM

This powder did not break me out.

It definitely mattifies. Mattifies too much in fact. I'm quite oily especially in the t-zone. I certainly don't want to look greasy but I also don't want to look so matte that there's ZERO natural shine or luminosity to my face. This is not a flattering powder. This makes me look old and eliminates any youthful glow to my skin, not that my skin is perfect or anything, it's so far from that.

I don't understand the hype and rave reviews. If you want natural looking makeup or dewy finish, don't go for this.

To Read all 420 Reviews, Login or Join

This product was not worth the hype. No matter how little used, and with brush/puff/sponge, this product causes a white chalky texture/sheen on my skin, no matter what. Terrible product. I tried to like it. Will not purchase again

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is the perfect product, well tarnishing. Just pack the failed :(

This stuff is a dream. Cannot go without. I've combination skin and get very oily on my forehead throughout the day. This stuff cuts my oiliness down by about 80% and my makeup isn't a total mess at the end of a working day.

It is one of Mac products that doesn't disappoint me. I use this to finish my makeup, dusting lightly all over my face. It helps my makeup look flawless, especially in pictures.

However, always remember to dust this powder only as much as you need (more than that can be a disaster). This is a finishing powder, so when dusted too much it might leave white cast that will not be apparent in real person (but shows up in pictures, yikes!).

I do sometimes use this as my setting powder (and again, only VERY lightly dusted). I know people raved so much about Elf HD powder, but after using both products for a while, I dare to say this powder is still superior. Mac one is more finely milled compared to Elf (I could still find big powder particles from Elf which sometimes were left behind on my face).

If you can afford it, go with this powder.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Bought this on a whim last year when searching for a decent translucent powder.

Pros:
- quite good at setting your makeup.
- price isn't too bad compared to the costs of other high-end powders.
- does make my skin look more smoothed out.
- has lasted me almost a year!

Cons:
- not too keen on the packaging. Had to take the sifter out in order to get to product that had gotten stuck around the sides.
- doesn't leave a white cast on your face that you can physically see. However, it's a bit noticeable in flash photography. It's good to use in the daytime but not on a night out or when you're at an event where people will be taking pictures.
- not that great on my oily skin, face starts to get shiny after about 3-4 hours. I find it need to use another powder as well as this to make my face makeup last all day. I think this is better suited to people with normal skin.

I used all of the product and did like it a little. However not enough to repurchase - I am still on the hunt for a decent translucent power.

I bought this to set my foundation and it does just that, it really made it stay in place. But I'm not huge fan of powders so I don't use it every day, only when I feel like it. The only thing I REALLY hate about this product is the packaging. I hate loose powders. It gets messy and I feel like a lot of it comes out and it is a wate of product for me. They do make a pressed powder in this which would be better for me, but I haven't made the effort to go get it yet. But the price isn't that bad in my opinion, compared to others.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After seeing various make up artists use this powder, I decided to purchase it and give it a go.
-The amount of product is not worth the price. But, a little goes a long way so at least I'll be getting my money's worth.
-I love that it is translucent but it makes my face look slightly pale.
-I love that it applies smoothly and gives yours skin a silky finish.
-It keeps my oily skin under control and helps my foundation stay on longer.
-Does not work well with flash photos.
Despite all the positive, I would not be repurchasing this product.

on 1/17/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When I applied this product the color of my foundation became darker. Also, it clung to the dry patches on my face. It does help control shine for a few hours but in this case the cons have outweighed the pros. Result: Will not be repurchasing.