4.3

$30.00 on Nordstrom
Shop Now

Reviews

9 years ago

At first this was a seemingly amazing product for me. It instantly seemed to hide my pores and other imperfections, made my skin look and feel velvety smooth. I looked flawless and glowy. But as the day went on I started to feel sort of dissappointed. I thought this would help control shine, but after two hours I was a greasy mess. My crater-like pores were back, and my skin didn't look velvety or glowy anymore. Dissappointing. Already returned it.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrunette

9 years ago

I hate powder. I like tinted moisturisers, dewy cheeks and a natural finish. But no one likes a greasy nose, so even I reluctantly admit that powder can be necessary. Chanel and Laura Mercier seem to get the powder nerds more excited, but honestly I tried them and couldn't tell the difference. It is invisible. It stops your nose being shiny. It doesn't look powdery. What more do you want? It's half the price of Chanel and it's fine. Powder is boring: spend your money on something more exciting!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

A replacement for blot powder! I wanted a powder that would not "add" color once I had foundation on. I have the world's biggest pores and a really oily T-zone combined with dry cheeks and had a problem with blot powder making the flakiness stand out, even though it kept me matte. I bought MUFE HD powder on a whim, but ended up returning it and buying Prep + Prime because it was cheaper. I didn't take the whole sticker off the top and just left a few holes open - I hate sifter tops and am prone spilling them. I just dip a regular powder brush to get a little bit on, then swirl it in the lid to distribute it evenly over the brush before putting it on. It keeps me matte all day and makeup goes on smoothly over it.

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlack

9 years ago

Beautiful transparent powder. Keeps away oiliness. Great to not add colour to my MAC select spf 15 foundation NW15. Minimizes pores, even though I use my clinique pore perfecter for them, which is also amazing under my foundation. Two thumbs up for this one :D Will definitely repurchase :)

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

This looks a bit scary in the pot (i.e. bone white), but it goes on lovely. It's very light, and is perfect if you just need something to set your base. More affordable than the similar, more expensive brands (Chanel, Laura Mercier). Have re-purchased several times.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I don´t like this stuff at all. I'm always among Nars, LM, MUFE or even Airspun, but I decided to give a try to my beloved MAC and.....I'm disappointed... I've medium to tan skin in winter and I get very tanned during summer so, when I use this, it seems I put a thick layer of talc over my face, awful. On the other hand, it´s not exactly 100% silica, so sometimes I feel my skin a little itchy. And the last thing is I feel it's too matte for me. It does a really good job keeping oilies at bay, but it dries too much my skin kinda if I was using Nars sheer matte instead of sheer glow!!! Definitely, won't repurchase.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

9 years ago

Bought this because of the reviews on MA. Love it. I used to use the MAC blot powder, but this is so much better. Didn't have to touch up once during the day; and I have more oil on my face than a Texas oil gusher. Very impressed; I will for sure buy this again.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Oily, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

9 years ago

This is very finely milled and can be messy if you aren't careful. It's completely translucent and gives makeup an airbrushed look. I normally can't stand products, especially setting powders, that have Mica in them but the mica in this hasn't seemed to have the same effect as it did in other products on me. Because I read reviews about the messiness before I bought it I only pulled half of the sticker off that covers the holes and I think it helps. I haven't traveled with this but I would probably tape up the other holes to keep it from spilling out every where. But as far as performance it is great, does just what it promises, and I also think it has a decent price. Highly recommend.

About reviewer (115 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

Made me break out horribly. Took me a while to figure out what the culprit was because I didn't think it could be this powder. But after eliminating it from my routine, my skin cleared. I also really didn't care much for the finish. I have never used a finishing powder before, but was curious to see the results. Made my skin feel very smooth, but visually there was no difference. and definitely not worth the extra pimples.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

I purchased this product to take on a trip to Florida and I have to admit that it is worth the money although pricey for the size. Word of advice tape the holes. It comes that way but once you pull back the adhesive paper it will still spill out. I took scotch tape and left only three holes open so there is not much loss at all when you open the cover. I know some people complained of acne due to cornstarch but so far so good. This stuff is magic and takes away all of the shine but be careful, too much will give you a dull ghost like hue and when I put it on I use a buffer brush to smooth it out. Wonderful stuff!

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age44-55