MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 44-55
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.7

on 5/29/2009 9:06:00 PM

While at a MAC counter today the SA asked me what makeup I had on cause my skin looked pretty darned good. I told her I'd share my secret if she shared her secret of the best thing to be had at MAC. Well I was wearing Studio Fix Fluid ( no secret there) and then she told me the best thing to get was this P+P Finishing Powder. She was not only a lovely SA but her suggestion was bang on. I like this setting powder ALOT especially since so little is needed to work the entire day. Looks beautifully flawless over most any foundation and my T-zone is now the happy zone.

on 4/13/2009 9:39:00 PM

I like this product. I had gone to the MAC Pro Store to pick up a studio sculpt concealer and foundation, while there I was looking at the invisible setting powder but the white although "invisible" to me I looked too pale and ashy. I am an NW43 and it just wasn't working for me. The MUA suggested that I try this instead and even under harsh light it doesn't show up, it just finishes your makeup with a nice matte look. I use it very sparingly so that my skin doesn't look dry and over done. I especially love it for setting me concealer under my eyes, it doesn't cake the concealer causing it to crease in the few under eye lines I have. I usually apply a thin layer of concealer and the set it with the finising powder after which I put on my foundation and if necessary apply another thin layer of concealer, and set that. Afterwards I set the entire face with the finising powder, and spray lightly with the studio fix plus. My skin looks flawless and I only need to touch up my T-zone mid day and maybe in the evening to freshen up if I am going out after work. Even my eyeshadow stays put from 5am until I reach home late in the evening.I would definitely repurchase this item again, but even using it everyday, a little goes a long way so it will be a while before I need to repurchase it. I purchased it long before the promotional release and have been using it for at least 8-10 weeks and still have plenty left.

on 6/13/2010 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I alternate using this powder and the MUFE HD when I do my photo mu --

both work really well and leave a soft glow on the complexion.

I depotted the MAC powder (MAC containers can be fragile on shoots) into an old Origins powder box which was a huge size with a great sifter in order to have enough on hand at all times (the Origins powder box held double the powder!)..