MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by age: 36-43
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is terribly cost prohibitive but it's an awesome powder absorbs oil the best of all loose powders & the pressed is equal to MAC Blot powder if not a little bit superior imo. MAC & Chanel make the best powders. P&P is my go to in the AM. Chanel ridiculously expensive it's absurd but MAC is more affordable than chanel (when do I not feel like saving $20?! I can buy a lipstick!) lastly you can back to MAC the empty containers 6 gets u a new lipstick!! 9g is stingy but hey you are always getting a fresh supply if ur a regular user. I haven't even panned my P&P pressed powder & I've had it since xmas but I don't use it every single day I'm rotating P&P loose & P&P pressed between my chanel, blot powder, studiofix & bareminerals. Don't try this unless you want to start a high end powder habit lol the DS stuff won't compare. It's so finely miled & controls oil. I apply it w my Laura mercier powder puff I feel like my brushes are mostly ineffectual i use cheap brushes thou. Spend all the cash on the products none on the applicators ha ha I do have a few MAC & chanel brushes. None that work well w this powder. :/ hmmm...

on 1/25/2012 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The hg of setting powder. Could not live without! I'm very shiny in my t zone and this keeps me shine free all day. Here is a helpful hint.....when you first open it, only remove half of the black sticker that covers the holes. So you just cut the sticker in half, leaving the other half over the holes. This keeps it from flying all over in the package!

on 1/4/2012 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Holy smokes! Why haven't I purchased this sooner???????? I was on the hunt for a really good setting powder to set my foundation/concealer and I tried several diff kinds before MAC. I tried Chanel, Korres, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Covergirl, L'Oreal, etc you name it, i tried it. From cheap to expensive and everything in between. I went to my local MAC counter and just browsing I saw this on the display counter and asked the SA about it. She said it's the best for setting any makeup and i thought- yeah right. just like everyone else told me. Well, I decided to fork out the money -again- to see if it's really true. To my delight, I was really shocked to see how well it performed. It set my foundation and concealer perfectly and made my skin absolutely FLAWLESS! It covered all my large pores and made them literally disappear! The staying power was awesome and it lasted all day throughout the night til i took it off. A little goes a long way and I use this w/ a mac's flat large eyeshadow brush for the best coverage. I am so happy to find this and I will definitely will repurchase

on 6/7/2011 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was heartbroken because my favourite powder (the Blot loose) has become harder and harder to find (disc'd?).
I was going to repurchase MUFE HD silica powder, but on a whim I decided to try this P&P from MAC, in hopes it would come close to Blot...and I'm glad I did!
It looks totally translucent on me, melts in my skin and gives a great finish to my foundations. It seems to blur imperfections, and to keep me matte longer than I'd be otherwise.
I have nothing bad to say about this product, price is reasonable (wish the container was bigger like the loose Blot!), and it delivers.
I think it is better than MUFE HD in terms of oil control.

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Great product!

I have fair, sensitive skin with oily t-zone. Since using this product I no longer have to constantly touch up my make-up. To prevent a "white" look, I use this product after moisturizer BEFORE foundation.

I purchased this product over two months ago and the container is almost as full as when originally purchased.

on 12/28/2010 9:34:00 AM

HG! I really do not like powder at all as I have dry skin and it looks cakey. The only powder I had was LM translucent, which was OKish, but not amazing. Well, MAC did the miracle. The Prep + Prime powder cannot be detected and does not cake. It is supernatural and glowy. I have now started using powder! This and the F&B are my staples. Great product.

Note: if you have dry skin this does not accentuate dry patches and does not set into lines/pores. it has a slight shimmer, which cannot be detected, but imparts a nice glow.

If you have oily skin be careful as it contains corn as the main ingredient and it may accentuate problems with acne.

on 12/5/2010 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a nice setting powder. It is completely translucent, doesn't leave a white cast, doesn't settle in lines, minimizes pores, a little goes a very long way, and gives a smooth finish. I apply with a large, fluffy brush. If you have very oily skin, you will still need to blot but that's how it is with oily skin. Loose powder is messy and this is no different so don't drop it:)

on 7/11/2010 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my HG powder. It's pricey (for me), at $22 USD for 9g of powder, but so worth it, as a little goes a long way and the product delivers what it promises. For reference, I am NW25, with dry/sensitive skin, and medium sized pores. I am not prone to breakouts, except the occasional monthly zit.

This powder looks like plain white cornstarch in the jar. It is very finely milled, and very light and soft. It has no fragrance, which I personally appreciate. The jar is your standard screw-top jar with a shaker dispenser type insert. This can be a little messy the first couple of times you use the powder, as so much comes out with only a small tap, and only a small amount is needed. Be very careful to tap lightly and open the lid slowly, tapping on top as you go so you don't lose product all over the vanity when you open the lid. Although the powder is stark white, it somehow blends right into my skin and doesn't leave a white cast or wash me out. It also does a FANTASTIC job of blurring/shrinking the appearance of pores, so it gives a nice soft focus finish. I have no idea how well this controls oil or shine, as this is not something I have any issue with. However, on the flipside, it can accentuate flaky/dry skin if your skin is not well moisturized, so take care to apply a good moisturizer (and primer) before your foundation. I apply it with a kabuki brush (ecotools retractable kabuki), as this is simply my brush of choice for loose powder. I "dot" it on first and then swirl and buff to spread it around and blend it in. The result is a soft focus, natural finish that is not chalky or powdery looking, and that plays well with blushes/highlighters/etc..

Have and will continue to repurchase. Excellent product.

on 5/28/2010 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Wow! Shopping at MAC for lip liner and SA said "hope you don't mind but your skin would so suit this powder" - should I have been offended?! I have really oily open pored skin with rosacea that I cover with EM Neutral MMU - it covers really well but does nothing for the open pores and oil does come through as the day goes on. Also, because I have to use a darker than usual colour to cover the redness, I tend to have a orange look to my skin which I hate. Anyway, SA starts dusting this white powder over me and I immediately said no, it will cake - can't put powder on 4 hours after putting foundation on - did not cake - looked amazing - the white powder took the orangy look away, oil gone, no cake (did I mention that?) and the best bit - open pores and fine lines seriously blurred - yes even the fine lines around my eyes - is this stuff for real? Decided to purchase on the spot (don't usually buy anything without checking on MUA first) so have been reassured by the good scores on here. Been using it now for 3 days and has not caused a rosacea or acne flare. Will update if it does - but so far - HG status for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just received this today and I have to say it is everything it is said to be. I was wearing tinted moisturizer and brushed this on with a fluffy brush after I got home from work. My pores just disappeared....

It is like magic! I do think, however, that the powder does make me look a shade lighter. Despite everyone else saying it doesn't make them look white. It must just be different for each of us, perhaps. I wear a lot of bronzer so being a shade lighter isn't an issue.

My pores are super-sized, and nothing has worked to try to make them less apparent, and this is just so easy. Anyone who has large pores understands how hard it is when you buy product after product that promises to reduce pore size, only to find out that it doesn't work at all. Well, look no more!

Magical, magical. I will buy this buy the case! Go and get some if you have large pores. You won't regret it!