MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.5

on 8/30/2011 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very very dark circles and I use a generous amount of either Studio Finish concealer or MAC Full coverage foundation to cover them up. I needed a very fine powder to set the concealer , that wouldn't emphasize all the fine lines and wrinkles under my eyes . I have tried Laura Mercier , MUFE HD and MAC Prep & Prime.
This is the only powder that does what I was looking for.
I use it exclusively under my eyes and have never used it to set foundation so I can't comment on that .

on 12/28/2010 9:34:00 AM

HG! I really do not like powder at all as I have dry skin and it looks cakey. The only powder I had was LM translucent, which was OKish, but not amazing. Well, MAC did the miracle. The Prep + Prime powder cannot be detected and does not cake. It is supernatural and glowy. I have now started using powder! This and the F&B are my staples. Great product.

Note: if you have dry skin this does not accentuate dry patches and does not set into lines/pores. it has a slight shimmer, which cannot be detected, but imparts a nice glow.

If you have oily skin be careful as it contains corn as the main ingredient and it may accentuate problems with acne.