MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel age: 36-43
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.4

on 1/2/2018 11:28:00 AM

This powder is just OK. I use it a lot because it's cheap. But it's certainly not the best out there. It's pretty good at absorbing oil, but kind of dries out my skin and makes it look very powdery. Also creates flashback in photos with flash and makes me appear super white. I also go through it very quickly. I probably go through a box a month with somewhat regular use, which negates the moderate pricing.

on 1/25/2012 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The hg of setting powder. Could not live without! I'm very shiny in my t zone and this keeps me shine free all day. Here is a helpful hint.....when you first open it, only remove half of the black sticker that covers the holes. So you just cut the sticker in half, leaving the other half over the holes. This keeps it from flying all over in the package!

on 6/10/2011 11:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have had oily skin ever since hitting puberty so Iíve been on a never-ending search for products to ward off excessive shine while not making me look too matte or powdery. Not an easy task! Iíve tried just about every setting powder touted for absorbing oil and helping to maintain a more matte appearance. Some helped a little, but none as much as this powder. I was disappointed with MACís blot powder because it left me a bit chalky yet I still had to use blotting sheets just as often. This finishing powder has been a godsend for me. It makes my skin look natural (not chalky or too matte), and actually helps control the oily shine that normally shows up only an hour after using other setting powders. I was amazed since I really wasnít holding out much hope. Proof for me is in the blotting sheet Ė I only need one a day now, instead of 3.

By the way, as others have mentioned, it's easy to get too much product on your brush, so I kept all but two holes covered. I give the bottom a couple taps before removing the lid and end up with the perfect amount of powder for one use.

EDIT: I still love this for controlling shine, but I've encountered a problem with this powder when using over foundation and concealer. After using foundation and concealer my imperfections are hidden well but once I loosely dust this powder over it with a fluffy brush to set it, the imperfections oddly appear again. I've never had this happen with another setting powder, though this is the first HD type powder I've tried. I've tried applying this in a variety of different ways, but the result is the same. I can eventually get it to work by putting more concealer over the spots but that shouldn't be necessary.

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Great product!

I have fair, sensitive skin with oily t-zone. Since using this product I no longer have to constantly touch up my make-up. To prevent a "white" look, I use this product after moisturizer BEFORE foundation.

I purchased this product over two months ago and the container is almost as full as when originally purchased.

on 12/28/2010 9:34:00 AM

HG! I really do not like powder at all as I have dry skin and it looks cakey. The only powder I had was LM translucent, which was OKish, but not amazing. Well, MAC did the miracle. The Prep + Prime powder cannot be detected and does not cake. It is supernatural and glowy. I have now started using powder! This and the F&B are my staples. Great product.

Note: if you have dry skin this does not accentuate dry patches and does not set into lines/pores. it has a slight shimmer, which cannot be detected, but imparts a nice glow.

If you have oily skin be careful as it contains corn as the main ingredient and it may accentuate problems with acne.

on 5/7/2010 9:28:00 PM

Oh yeah this is pure witchcraft. It casts a spell of invisibility on my huge pores. No makeup product has impressed me the way this has. It doesn't do much for oil control and works nowhere else but on my forehead. So it makes about 25 percent of the pores appear less visible...I would have settled for 5. Great product

on 2/27/2010 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been trying to decide between this & the one made by MUFE. After watching several YT videos & looking at the reviews on here, I decided to try MAC's version. The packaging is wider so, the brush definitely fits in there better. The texture seems a little more smooth, etc. Anyway, after trying it, I really like it. I definitely don't have oily skin (more dry than anything). I lightly applied it to areas wear my makeup seems to crease in the lovely wrinkles & I was actually surprised that it worked so well. Bottom line...great product, decent price. I'll definitely be purchasing this one again & again.