MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Olive age: 30-35
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

on 11/12/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use it to set my undereye concealer (Mac studio finish and BB creamy concealer) and also a bit over my face to set my foundation . It really helps to prevent my concealer to crease, it sets everything in place, so I really happy with it for that purpose.

I just hate to use loose powders. And with this jard, that all the powder get on the upper part of the retainer. I may try the pressed version.

on 1/28/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love these translucent finishing powders. They are great to use all year round and you can save money and time because you don't need to find a separate powder for each season to match skin tone as it changes - this works for me whether I'm paler or more tan (not that it actually stops me from buying more make-up because I'm a product junkie, but in theory it could. . .). I apply this with a large, fluffy powder brush - usually my MUFE Lg Powder brush - which gives me a thin even layer, then blend it out. It looks white for a few seconds then becomes colourless. I also pat this under my eyes, with a concealer setting brush because the powder is non-drying yet sets concealer perfectly

I like that it doesn't completely mattifify skin, so your skin still looks like real, natural skin - but seems to keep my face shine-free (I have an oily t-zone) all day, minimizes the appearance of pores, and also helps my make-up last for hours longer than it would without. I always check my skin in natural light after doing my make-up, as I hate seeing any demarcation/powdery look, and prefer a natural looking skin and this looks amazing! It blurs any flaws and does not look dry/cakey or powder-like at all! It seems to just melt into skin and looks like absolutely nothing is on your face. It also makes your skin feel sooo soft. It doesn't ever cake when you touch up and doesn't look heavy.

I always keep a back-up, even though one jar lasts me 6-8 months if not more. The only thing I don't like is the messy container but I I transfer a small amount to a travel-friendly brush that holds powder in an attached jar at the bottom so I can touch-up if needed. I also use the MUFE HD powder, which I like a tiny bit better because it seems more finely-milled and silkier than the MAC. The ELF HD powder version is great as well. I alternate a few brands and the differences between them are very minimal.

on 11/19/2009 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

11/19/09 FIRST REVIEW

I will do a weekly trial on this but first so far so good... This really works. I LOVE a matte finish and I am very oily in my T-zone area. I used to say the heck with it and blot with tissue but would eventually strip me of my makeup. I must say I am a MAC girl and its hard to stray away but I have tested other. Make Up Forever does have a nice one but is $9 more so here i am and must say pleased thus far...! Will check back in about a week. Also to note this container does allow for too much powder to get out. I placed tape over all except one hole...! Less is best in this case!!!