MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by age: 30-35
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

on 7/6/2017 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i used this for years, but i feel like i'm losing my 'youthful glow' and need something a bit more brightening now.
if i don't find anything better i will do back to it because it's pretty decent.

on 4/21/2017 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

It's definitely not transparent in a flash photo! I appreciate that this product is for sensitive skin and eyes, but the photo flash-back is a deal-breaker.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product. I live in a very windy city with harsh weather conditions that usually wreck my makeup immediately as I step out of my building. This powder however stays where it should throughout the walk to/ whole day at the office. It gives my face a nice blurred finish evening out the skin tone almost like a portable instafilter. I've noticed that my skin looks much better in photos with this stuff on too, more even and glowy.

As others have pointed out, the packaging is a bit messy and if you carry it around it's quite easy to spill, but the price is fair (even here in Sweden) and I'm definitely buying again.

on 11/12/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use it to set my undereye concealer (Mac studio finish and BB creamy concealer) and also a bit over my face to set my foundation . It really helps to prevent my concealer to crease, it sets everything in place, so I really happy with it for that purpose.

I just hate to use loose powders. And with this jard, that all the powder get on the upper part of the retainer. I may try the pressed version.

on 8/21/2015 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm almost finished with using this product so I thought now is a good time to write a review.
Very good under eye setting powder which does not make the area look cakey no matter how much you apply. It has flashback however so I only used in the day.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Bought this as a treat as the price is outrageous. You can get something identical from GOSH for half the price and ELF for even less.

That said, I do love this. It blurs the look of pores, mattifies without dulling, and sets my face rally nicely. It does need touching up during the day which other powder doesn't so much.

I'd like the compact one for work, but next time I will get the GOSH one.

on 11/12/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I purchased that at a CCO and have been in love ever since. I use this to set my concealer and my foundation. It's a smooth finish that keeps my make-up in place all day. Yes, I would pay full price for this.

on 11/12/2014 9:53:00 AM

i have this as substitute of my hd powder from makeup forever ...this powder works perfectly on camera flash without whiteness like makeup forever hd powder does :)

on 6/2/2014 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

It works wonders for my oily skin and used moderately (and blended properly) does not give a white/dead finish even though I am dark-skinned - NC 55

on 1/28/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love these translucent finishing powders. They are great to use all year round and you can save money and time because you don't need to find a separate powder for each season to match skin tone as it changes - this works for me whether I'm paler or more tan (not that it actually stops me from buying more make-up because I'm a product junkie, but in theory it could. . .). I apply this with a large, fluffy powder brush - usually my MUFE Lg Powder brush - which gives me a thin even layer, then blend it out. It looks white for a few seconds then becomes colourless. I also pat this under my eyes, with a concealer setting brush because the powder is non-drying yet sets concealer perfectly

I like that it doesn't completely mattifify skin, so your skin still looks like real, natural skin - but seems to keep my face shine-free (I have an oily t-zone) all day, minimizes the appearance of pores, and also helps my make-up last for hours longer than it would without. I always check my skin in natural light after doing my make-up, as I hate seeing any demarcation/powdery look, and prefer a natural looking skin and this looks amazing! It blurs any flaws and does not look dry/cakey or powder-like at all! It seems to just melt into skin and looks like absolutely nothing is on your face. It also makes your skin feel sooo soft. It doesn't ever cake when you touch up and doesn't look heavy.

I always keep a back-up, even though one jar lasts me 6-8 months if not more. The only thing I don't like is the messy container but I I transfer a small amount to a travel-friendly brush that holds powder in an attached jar at the bottom so I can touch-up if needed. I also use the MUFE HD powder, which I like a tiny bit better because it seems more finely-milled and silkier than the MAC. The ELF HD powder version is great as well. I alternate a few brands and the differences between them are very minimal.