MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.8

on 8/31/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My HG finishing powder, makes my skin look flawless and mattifies oily areas. I use it to set my foundation and then again as a finishing veil. I used to use MUFE finishing powder but this is definitely a winner as I find the MAC powder slightly more finer than MUFE

on 12/24/2014 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is pure perfection. I have been using MAC's Studio Fix powder on top of my foundation for a few years and tired of the orangey appearance that powder gave me I decided to try a transparent one. Prep&Prime powder was exactly what I was looking for.No powdery look,easy to blend,sets make up to last all day and gives the face a beautiful glow. One of the few MAC products that are worth the hype.I have been using it everyday for the last six months and it hasn't broken me out. I am very pleased with it, it's definitely worth its money and I would definitely repurchase.

on 3/26/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate powder. I like tinted moisturisers, dewy cheeks and a natural finish. But no one likes a greasy nose, so even I reluctantly admit that powder can be necessary. Chanel and Laura Mercier seem to get the powder nerds more excited, but honestly I tried them and couldn't tell the difference. It is invisible. It stops your nose being shiny. It doesn't look powdery. What more do you want? It's half the price of Chanel and it's fine. Powder is boring: spend your money on something more exciting!

on 10/22/2010 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is a must have for me, I have been using it regularly since I bought it (~5 months ago) and it seems like its still nearly full! I have dry skin but I do get slightly oily in the t-zone during the summer and this product eliminated that for me. I only use it on my t-zone and under eye area to set my concealer and I have not experience problems with it yet. It does not change to color of my foundation/skin and does not ever look chalky or ashy on me (NC40 for reference). I would repurchase if I ever run out but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Bottom line: I highly recommend trying this if you like using a loose powder.

I really love this product so far. This is the first HD or translucent loose powder I have ever used. I was always drawn to pressed powders because they are easier for travel and less messy, but lately they seem to be so cakey. I purchased this with the MAC F&B foundation and the two work great together. I do not have oily skin, so this mattes my face just enough. Mid-day I use a blotting sheet and I am good to go. Powder is very lightweight and it doesn't take much to set the whole face. I just use a big fluffy powder brush and "press" it into my skin. I was also concerned about it leaving a whitecast, but so far I haven't had a problem.

on 6/4/2010 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I just adore this powder. I use it after applying my studio tech, all over my face. It is light, very finely milled and does not cake on me at all. It has no colour and doesn't give me a white cast. I don't get shiny, but don't look powdery either. Only downside is the packaging. I taped over some of the holes and left three holes open. I tap the bottom of the container when the lid is on whilst holding it upside down. When I open it there is the perfect amount in the lid ready for for me to use. I have been using it daily since February and there is still loads left. Will definitely re- purchase.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

LOVE this stuff! I don't know how I lived without it for so long or why I never tried it sooner! My MA recommended this over my Studio Fix Fluid, and under MSFN and it's amazing! I was using the Allison Rafael transparent powder from Sephora for a few years and the MAC is 1000 times better! I can't even believe it! I live in FL and it's so humid so after few hours my foundation would ALWAYS look shiny before, but this really sets it and it lasts WAY longer and looks nice all day long, even if I am outside!

I would highly recommend this powder to anyone with combo to oily skin or who lives in a humid area where you need something to set your foundation. LOVE IT!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

This finishing powder is one of my first MAC products. I purchased this on the 15th prior to the official start of MAC's Friends and Family sale though I was permitted to use the code to get 25% off - yayyy! I am extremely pleased with this product. It doesn't leave a grey'ish cast on my olive-tan skintone unlike BE's mineral veil. It has GREAT staying power - I applied it around 5 a.m. this morning and 8 hours later, there is absolutely no trace of shine. I was thinking about buying LM's Loose Setting Powder ($34) but MAC's P+P finishing powder matches the quality of LM's - and it's a steal at $21! I will definitely buy again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I looove this stuff! It's really good at controlling my oil slicks that I occasionally get throughout the day. I actually switched from MUFE HD powder. At 21 dollars I found it to be a steal compared to the other. It gave a great highlight when I took pictures and made my face look soft. Absolutely no oil spots on my face. By the end of the night, my face was still in tact!

on 5/2/2009 10:19:00 PM

SO IN LOVE WITH THIS!!!! I paid triple the price for La Mer loose finishing powder and this wins HANDS DOWN. I put on my studio sculpt foundation and dusted this all over with my 187 and my foundation has NOT MOVED ALL DAY LONG. This has never happened with ANYYYY other setting powder I've ever tried. I used this on a bridal party today and they ALL asked what it was. So glad they don't have to worry about their makeup melting off! Great product.