MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 25-29
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.5

Made me break out horribly. Took me a while to figure out what the culprit was because I didn't think it could be this powder. But after eliminating it from my routine, my skin cleared. I also really didn't care much for the finish. I have never used a finishing powder before, but was curious to see the results. Made my skin feel very smooth, but visually there was no difference. and definitely not worth the extra pimples.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I got this from a friend who works for MAC and wanted me to try it out. I like this stuff enough, it's a simple loose powder that I use to set my liquid foundation. I alternate between this, MUFE HD powder and MAC blot (used w/kabuki). The packaging is really annoying when you travel.... the powder will go everywhere, so use scotch tape to cover the holes. I actually like it more than MUFE HD, esp if you are taking pictures - it doesn't leave a white cast. I don't know if I'd actually purchase it on my own, maybe after I finish it and the MUFE.

on 7/22/2010 8:47:00 AM

Despite some outstanding reviews, this product just didn't do it for me. I was really hoping for it to take my "keeping the oilies away" routine on a complete new level. Yes, it does undoubtedly help to make your skin more matte (at the cost of making you look and feel like a pastry chef all covered in flour head to toe). I tried my best to discover its "setting make-up properties", but no luck there. I gave it another go today - it is hot hot hot outside and I thought that it is a perfect day to test a product like that. Well guess what, my skin has become oily within 2 hours from applying the powder. Mind you, I didn't leave the house or do any exercise.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is the perfect product, well tarnishing. Just pack the failed :(

on 11/20/2009 6:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i like this product because it stop my nose from getting mega oily and it also evens out my foundation the only bad thing is you dont get much product for your money

on 7/18/2009 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I quite like this product. I use it over my liquid foundation and find that it does help it last longer. It has a nice finish and it seems to "smooth" my skin out.

on 12/26/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing powder - this sets make up really well and gives a wonderful finish, particularly for photos! Transparent too so never looks cakey or affects foundation. You can never apply too much!

Besides that it can be a little messy and it's not the cheapest; this is my best weapon in the summer against super oily skin. I LOVE it. It does help to absorb any shine coming on and also helps to keep any foundation I have on in place.

on 5/16/2011 2:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The best finishing powder ever. I have been struggling with finishing my Poudre Universelle libre by chanel and was feeling really bad for purchasing MAC Finishing Powder when I still had so much of chanel left. But jee so glad i got this one. Chanel is just flour compared to my new favourite. It's undetectable on my skin when applied correctly and it is the only product that can control my shiny forehead and nose thouthout the day. I use it to fix my MAC face and body foundation and then layer it on my nose and forehead with I.D. Matte foundation to shineproff these areas. For the first time ever i can go all day without having to blot my skin even once! Perfection! Will repurchase as soon as I run out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is very finely milled and can be messy if you aren't careful. It's completely translucent and gives makeup an airbrushed look. I normally can't stand products, especially setting powders, that have Mica in them but the mica in this hasn't seemed to have the same effect as it did in other products on me. Because I read reviews about the messiness before I bought it I only pulled half of the sticker off that covers the holes and I think it helps. I haven't traveled with this but I would probably tape up the other holes to keep it from spilling out every where. But as far as performance it is great, does just what it promises, and I also think it has a decent price. Highly recommend.