MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by age: 25-29
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

$21 for 0.28 oz. Someone emailed me asking if it reduces redness, which is a good question. It is sheer, and feels feather light. You don't feel it on your skin, it's weightless and lighter than loose face powder. However it can tone down blush if you apply too much, and it will set any liquid or cream base. It's even light enough to use under the eyes to set concealer. I'm not partial to any one brand, but the price is more reasonable than MUFE. It doesn't settle into fine lines and does give a soft focus glow. Not because there is shimmer in it, but because it is so light and the color gives a bit of luminous matte skin. These types of powders last a long time for me because I don't have oily skin. If you do, it won't stop the oil from coming but it does last longer than a basic powder. If you have a problem with redness I would check out the new Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder.

A silky finishing powder that provides an invisible way to set makeup. Reduces shine while optically minimizing the look of pores, lines, imperfections. Available in one universal colour that suits all shades. Wear over makeup or on bare, moisturized skin. It debuted with the Colour Ready collection.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I rated that I wouldn't buy this product again not because it isn't good - it is great. I bought it this weekend based on many reviews that I'd read about it. Does it take away shine? Yes. Does it set your makeup? Yes. But it's like MUFE's setting powder. Both are overpriced and I've found the exact same setting powder that feels, sets, and lasts the same from www.egminerals.com for much less.

on 4/6/2009 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased mainly out of curiousity. I have a very oily T zone and after visiting my local MAC counter, was told that overtime this would help with the "appearance" and softening of my skin. Plus I was told it's LE so of course I caved and purchased this. I have since tried it out 2x. Once when applied @the Mac counter and yesterday. This stuff works very well. Helped my skin stay oil free for about 6-7 hrs, and minimized the appearance of my huge pores. I don't know that I would buy again due to it's steep price, but I would definitely try either CS silica sphere powder-- which is compared to MUFE finishing powder. Gives a very nice matte apperance.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've only had this for a couple days so I'm going to give it another week before giving my full honest review. But for now the consistency of the powder and staying power seem fine.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

So I was using MUFE's powder and was taking pictures one night and OMG horrible, I had white spots all over my face, sooo gross, so when this came out I was skeptical.. I am so glad I got this though!! Sets my makeup all day, does not leave white patches in pictures, very smooth and easily blended, omg sooooo love this poweder!

on 4/28/2009 6:40:00 PM

I'm loving this so far. I was setting my Studio Fix Fluid with MSF Natural and it was so cakey and it altered the color of my foundation. With this powder, my makeup is set perfectly with ZERO cakiness. It doesn't settle into my pores, it doesn't change the color of my foundation, and it has pretty great staying power. And it's so comfortable to wear! I don't look or feel powdery. I think we're talking an HG powder here!

on 5/2/2009 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

***HG FINISHING POWDER***
I looooove it! All you need is a little swish across the entire face after you're done with your regular makeup application. The fine powder sets everything in place. I typically get shiny on my nose when I arrive to work, but this has saved me from blotting and reapplying powder throughout the day. Bye Bye mineral veil. I've found love.

on 5/2/2009 10:19:00 PM

SO IN LOVE WITH THIS!!!! I paid triple the price for La Mer loose finishing powder and this wins HANDS DOWN. I put on my studio sculpt foundation and dusted this all over with my 187 and my foundation has NOT MOVED ALL DAY LONG. This has never happened with ANYYYY other setting powder I've ever tried. I used this on a bridal party today and they ALL asked what it was. So glad they don't have to worry about their makeup melting off! Great product.

on 5/14/2009 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this! I used L'Oreal Translucide for years and was happy with it, but this is miles beyond. I have super-oily eyelids and typically have big problems with eyeshadow creasing (no matter what kind of primer I use) and my waterproof mascara smudging off my lashes and onto my skin by mid-morning. Setting my makeup with this not only eliminates those issues, but keeps the rest of my face looking great until my usual lunchtime touch-up. This is really a breakthrough powder for me, and worth the price. I like the very packable size of the jar, but a sifter with such big holes is a peeve of mine. If it gets tossed around in your makeup bag, you can find way too much powder on top when you open it.

on 5/15/2009 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Love this stuff! It doesn't make my fair skin look any whiter and it blends like a dream. My face has never, ever looked better than it does when I apply Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfecter on my T-zone, Revlon Colorstay Foundation with my Beauty Blender, and topped with this powder! WOW! I just raved about this routine on my Revlon foundation review. It makes my skin look so even and smooth and my pores are invisible. Will definitely repurchase as this is a staple of my HG makeup routine.