MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 25-29
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.5

It is one of Mac products that doesn't disappoint me. I use this to finish my makeup, dusting lightly all over my face. It helps my makeup look flawless, especially in pictures.

However, always remember to dust this powder only as much as you need (more than that can be a disaster). This is a finishing powder, so when dusted too much it might leave white cast that will not be apparent in real person (but shows up in pictures, yikes!).

I do sometimes use this as my setting powder (and again, only VERY lightly dusted). I know people raved so much about Elf HD powder, but after using both products for a while, I dare to say this powder is still superior. Mac one is more finely milled compared to Elf (I could still find big powder particles from Elf which sometimes were left behind on my face).

If you can afford it, go with this powder.

on 3/4/2012 9:34:00 PM

I really like this powder - not love, but really like. It doesn't break me out (I have sensitive skin), it's not too cakey on my dry-ish skin, and it's perfect for when you don't want to use a coloured/pigmented powder (which can sometimes make your foundation look too heavy or obvious). It seems to set my makeup well (better than without it), it keeps some of the shine at bay (not all but some), and I generally feel like after I lightly dust this on after doing my liquid foundation, it just makes my foundation look 20% better (so it is subtle, but still noticeable). I don't know why or how, but it just does. Until I find my HG finishing powder, this will continue to serve me well.

on 5/16/2011 2:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The best finishing powder ever. I have been struggling with finishing my Poudre Universelle libre by chanel and was feeling really bad for purchasing MAC Finishing Powder when I still had so much of chanel left. But jee so glad i got this one. Chanel is just flour compared to my new favourite. It's undetectable on my skin when applied correctly and it is the only product that can control my shiny forehead and nose thouthout the day. I use it to fix my MAC face and body foundation and then layer it on my nose and forehead with I.D. Matte foundation to shineproff these areas. For the first time ever i can go all day without having to blot my skin even once! Perfection! Will repurchase as soon as I run out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Great product. I thought I'd found my HG loose powder (small convenient packaging, no oxidization, makes my skin smooth and soft...), but I was running low on it, so I purchased the MUFE HD loose powder.
Sorry but MUFE HD is superior. It is much softer, REALLY gives me a poreless, airbrushed look, and makes my skin soo soft.

No complaints on this product. I like to use this to set my liquid foundation because it is so finely milled and is translucent.
I don't need any additional coverage after liquid foundation, so I prefer setting my makeup with this over something like Mineralize skin finish natural.

I have normal to dry skin (dry cheek area), and this doesn't make my makeup look cakey, which i like and it makes my face super smooth.

on 9/18/2009 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

OMG THE REVIEWS SAY IT ALL. AMAZING FINISHING POWDER. MY FACE LOOKS AIR BRUSHED AFTER USING THIS TO SET MY FOUNDATION, PLUS ITS NOT CAKEY YOU ONLY NEED A LITTLE BIT, IT WORTH THE MONEY I HAD TO GET BACKUPS.

on 7/18/2009 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I quite like this product. I use it over my liquid foundation and find that it does help it last longer. It has a nice finish and it seems to "smooth" my skin out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

$21 for 0.28 oz. Someone emailed me asking if it reduces redness, which is a good question. It is sheer, and feels feather light. You don't feel it on your skin, it's weightless and lighter than loose face powder. However it can tone down blush if you apply too much, and it will set any liquid or cream base. It's even light enough to use under the eyes to set concealer. I'm not partial to any one brand, but the price is more reasonable than MUFE. It doesn't settle into fine lines and does give a soft focus glow. Not because there is shimmer in it, but because it is so light and the color gives a bit of luminous matte skin. These types of powders last a long time for me because I don't have oily skin. If you do, it won't stop the oil from coming but it does last longer than a basic powder. If you have a problem with redness I would check out the new Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder.

A silky finishing powder that provides an invisible way to set makeup. Reduces shine while optically minimizing the look of pores, lines, imperfections. Available in one universal colour that suits all shades. Wear over makeup or on bare, moisturized skin. It debuted with the Colour Ready collection.