MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

on 12/26/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing powder - this sets make up really well and gives a wonderful finish, particularly for photos! Transparent too so never looks cakey or affects foundation. You can never apply too much!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is the perfect product, well tarnishing. Just pack the failed :(

It is one of Mac products that doesn't disappoint me. I use this to finish my makeup, dusting lightly all over my face. It helps my makeup look flawless, especially in pictures.

However, always remember to dust this powder only as much as you need (more than that can be a disaster). This is a finishing powder, so when dusted too much it might leave white cast that will not be apparent in real person (but shows up in pictures, yikes!).

I do sometimes use this as my setting powder (and again, only VERY lightly dusted). I know people raved so much about Elf HD powder, but after using both products for a while, I dare to say this powder is still superior. Mac one is more finely milled compared to Elf (I could still find big powder particles from Elf which sometimes were left behind on my face).

If you can afford it, go with this powder.

on 1/17/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When I applied this product the color of my foundation became darker. Also, it clung to the dry patches on my face. It does help control shine for a few hours but in this case the cons have outweighed the pros. Result: Will not be repurchasing.

Incredible stuff. Makes my oily skin spotless and matte all day.
You only need a tiny amount, this stuff will last forever.
It helps blur redness and uneven skin.
Packaging can be a tad messy, but very minimal.
Best powder I've used thus far, I've tried em all.

on 8/31/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My HG finishing powder, makes my skin look flawless and mattifies oily areas. I use it to set my foundation and then again as a finishing veil. I used to use MUFE finishing powder but this is definitely a winner as I find the MAC powder slightly more finer than MUFE

on 6/7/2015 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Quite shocked that I haven't reviewed this as this was one of the very first products I swapped for when I started here on makeupalley. This powder is everything! I used to use it in conjunction with the MAC prep+prime primer but I never repurchased when that finished. This product lasts a long time. I think the reason why I do not reach for it all the time is my travel schedule. My pressed powders get all the love when I travel for obvious reasons. One tip of the container and I have a huge mess. Anyway, I love the finish this gives my makeup. I am MAC NW45 so pretty dark and delicious. This blends seamlessly and does not make me look ashy or give my pictures a white cast. As a matter of fact, I am of the opinion that this sets my makeup so beautifully that I always look better with this on my face than I do with the blot powder. For some reason I do not think the particles in the blot powder are as fine as the ones in this one. This noticeably reduces shine associated with my oily skin and it the perfect finish before blush and lip gloss. I will certainly repurchase, I recently got the pressed version for travel as I think I am done with blot powder once I finish my current one.

on 12/24/2014 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is pure perfection. I have been using MAC's Studio Fix powder on top of my foundation for a few years and tired of the orangey appearance that powder gave me I decided to try a transparent one. Prep&Prime powder was exactly what I was looking for.No powdery look,easy to blend,sets make up to last all day and gives the face a beautiful glow. One of the few MAC products that are worth the hype.I have been using it everyday for the last six months and it hasn't broken me out. I am very pleased with it, it's definitely worth its money and I would definitely repurchase.

on 11/1/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just bought this powder recently to try and battle oiliness throughout the day, and so far it totally does the trick! I hate touching up after I leave the house in the morning and this keeps me shine-free and my foundation in place all day. My only qualm is it is a bit messy, difficult to get the right amount out of the bottom reservoir without it exploding on my vanity.

on 5/9/2014 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Loooooove this powder!!!!!
It makes my makeup last much longer, my skin looks beautiful with it!
I have an oily T-zone, so during the day i start to "shine". When using this it doesn't happend with me and my makeup stays perfect!
It looks white, but when you set on your skin it disappears completly, very safe to use!
I don't get that "white mask" visual on my makeup, even when retouching.
My skin feels very soft with it too, the imperfections turn into less visible ones, or no visible at all.
This is something that i can't be without when i want that perfect makeup.
I don't use it everyday, but there wouldn't be a problem if i did.
I like to use this under my eyes too, so the concealer last longer and doesn't get into the fine lines.