MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.4

This stuff is a dream. Cannot go without. I've combination skin and get very oily on my forehead throughout the day. This stuff cuts my oiliness down by about 80% and my makeup isn't a total mess at the end of a working day.

on 9/18/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

pros:
- blurs the skin's texture
- gives that soft finish i really enjoy
- extends the wear of my foundation

cons:
- expensive
- very small amount (only 9g to a jar - MUFE loose powder is 10g and covergirl is 20g)

repurchase: yes, it's the best loose powder i've used thus far.

on 6/22/2015 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin that just wont keep my makeup in tact a whole work day (8am-5pm). After reading a few dozen reviews on this powder, I bit the bullet and ordered this from online. The container is much smaller than I assumed it would be after reading the reviews, but I can tell there is a lot of product in there and it'll last a while. This product does exactly what it says it will, and I'm in love. I do disagree with other reviewers about the holes being too big/too much product being wasted. You just has to be using the right brush! Like a kabuki :)
(I've already rebought this product. One container lasts me about 4 months.)

on 1/30/2015 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Apart from the occasion where i'm throwing a tantrum, this is my favourite finishing powder. I have tried them all, every powder in the world you can name. I like my skin to look like my skin, i tend to put this over some concealer and that will be it for my base and it makes me look flawless and MATTE. Use too much and you will have a slight white cast, but as soon as the wind blows and an hour passes, it just looks like you woke up like this.

Over any foundation, it keeps it matte, much better than Vichy or anything else talc-based which always irritates my skin and makes my face red for some reason. Even in the rain this baby holds and so you don't get an embarrassing white streaked face (if you just use plain arrowroot or cornflour, this happens).

I have really sensitive, acne prone, oily/combination skin, and this doesn't irritate (no redness or spots) and keeps me shine free pretty much all day. It's expensive, but there's a ton always being sold on ebay for less, so if you're feeling uncomfortable for forking out for something you are unfamiliar with, just get one on there and you can always pass it on!

As for the packaging, can people get over it, powder does get everywhere no matter what. I've never had a packaging for a powder that has somehow magically contained all the powder within the base. Even with the posh twisty things in some of Bourjois, Smashbox etc.

Lastly, this is very different from the pressed version for some reason. The pressed irritated me and didn't mattify as well or for as long at all... so if you're going for one or the other, i would choose this one.

on 1/24/2015 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After using so many setting powders (mufe hd, urban decay, tarte, too faced) and not being impressed by any.. I went to mac for a cheaper alternative and found this. Honestly didn't expect much from it but wow, this keeps me matte for hours on end. I have the oiliest skin (as in I do my makeup at 7 am and already have to blot and re powder by 9 am), not with this. Definitely will be repurchasing.

on 1/25/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Keeps my oily skin matte, and my make up fresh throughout the day! Cant stand the packaging, as a lot of product gets wasted! I have purchased this many times and it is the HG of finishing powders!

on 1/24/2014 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has got to be my most re-purchased make up staple ever. I've gone through about 5 tubs of this. No matter how far I stray, I always come back to it because it does what its supposed to do perfectly. I usually use this powder to lock in my foundation and it never leaves a white cast - it blurs imperfections and allows my makeup to come through without mattifying it too much. I also like to pat this under the eye to prevent my eyeliner from budging. I use this on no makeup days when all I want to do is make my sunscreen look less shiny on my face. It's such a wonderful, versatile and effective product. Oh and it doesn't break you out either! You also get to use every single bit of this powder because the powder sift thingy can come apart, allowing you to really get to the bottom of the container. I would definitely repurchase, even though its a bit on the pricey side - reliable basics are just so hard to come by!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have the pressed version of this powder and it's just gorgeous! I'm quite lucky to have clear skin so I hate to mask it with heavy coverage products so I recently converted from Mac Studio Fix powder to this, LOVE. I weat this with Mac Prep + Prime bb cream... hello dewy, glowing skin. This powder manages to keep an oily t-zone at bay, but still allows a beautiful dewy glow. I think this is great quality for the price, for a mid to high end makeup brand. I read reviews saying it makes you look pale despite being translucent so I'm going to look out for that, I don't notice my NC35 skin tone looking pale at all. I will admit I'm going to buy Chanel Poudre Universal and compare the two, so I'll keep you posted....

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is AMAZING. I have always used a medium coverage foundation and recently I switched to Tarte's BB cream for a more light coverage. I was wanting a finishing powder to go over my BB cream and ended up buying this after all the wonderful reviews. This is literally the best powder I have ever used. It doesn't look cakey, it keeps oil at bay, and helps conceal pores. I have oily skin and this kept my face shine free for about 12 hours. I apply it with a fan brush or a kabuki. The packaging is also pretty good for a loose powder but can be messy if you pour to much powder. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 12/17/2013 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder! This is the best translucent powder!!! I use this over my Mac face and body & make up forever hd! Face and body alone makes me look shiney, but I apply this with my elf flat top powder brush and my skins looks airbrushed. I spritz some Mac fix + and I'm good to go!!! I will definitely buy this again and again and again. I was considering giving it a 4 for packaging but what can I expect. I could have easily purchased the compaq form, but I didn't, so I won't dock it for my mistake! Great powder!!! :)