MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.4

on 4/6/2009 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this the day I got it and immediately fell in love with it. I tend to get pretty oily at times and usually blot it away. Well, this time I used a little bit of the finishing powder and it immediately made all the shininess disappear! Itdoes not turn my face white or make it look powdery at all. It makes my face feel nice and smooth after I put it on. I defintely recommend it. Glad it's permanent!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this powder. Buffed on with the appropriate brush and used in conjunction with my Prep+Prime Skin with SPF 50, it made my skin appear flawless and instantly smooth. It didn't exactly last all day, but it did last a good 6 hours before I needed to reapply. That didn't bother me at all because, even after the second application, I didn't look chalky or cakey like I had expected.

The product is a bit on the expensive side, but seeing that very little is needed per application, this jar will take you a long way. I will definitely purchase again.

EDIT: This is LE but the SA told me that there is a powder available at the pro store that is basically the same so I'm not absolutely dying to stock up on this.

**EDIT #2** This is no longer LE! YAYYYY!

on 4/20/2009 12:04:00 AM

I really like this powder. It sets my makeup perfectly and I do not have to apply throughout the day ( I have combo skin, with a fairly oily t-zone) I love how flawless my skin looks after I apply it!

on 4/21/2009 11:51:00 PM

I bought two of these because I was told it was limited edition. I love it!!! What else can I say? And for the price of it?! Cheaper than MUFE's version! Its very translucent. It matte's really well without drying the skin and holds my makeup! In a 10-12 hour day. I touch up once or twice with blotting paper to de-shine my t-zone. Love it!

i'm so happy i made the snap decision to pick this up. i wasn't planning to, but i saw it while i was at the counter and figured eh why not. i was returning my studio sculpt foundation at the time so i just did an exchange.

i'm so happy i did! i really love it. it makes my pores basically invisible and sets my liquid (or powder) foundation really well and makes it last all day. and you only need a tiny bit, so even though it's sort of expensive, i can see this lasting me quite a long time.

when i run out, i think i'm going to try a cheaper silica powder just to compare, but i think this product is worth every penny and as long as it's not limited edition, i'll definitely repurchase.

I really love this product as it mattifies my oily skin without looking caked on any dry or flaky patches. It also doesn't turn orange after about an hour!
I use a kabuki brush to buffer it in and when I do this my pores look reduced which is a HUGE plus for me and this means that I can wear MSF without my pores looking huge.
Im not sure if it helps to keep my makeup on longer, although I was working with pre-school kids earlier and my makeup looked just as good as when I put it on.
I dont like the packaging, the lid never seems to go on right, and I would love a compact version to carry about with me but I guess beggars cant be choosers!!
I would highly recommend to anyone with oily skin who has enlarged pores and probelms with powders turning orange.
I am paler than NC15 for reference.

on 5/3/2009 4:25:00 AM

This stuff freaked me out. i did not expect it to work so nicely. i put it on in the morning, went to the gym and i was so surprised because my makeup did not move even after working out for an hour. was not expecting that.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! i have oily skin and this keeps my skin from looking shiny and looks matte for a very long time. it also makes my pores look smaller since i have large pores :[ It is a little pricey but you only need very little so that jar would probably last you a very very long time. i would def. recommend this to anyone with oily skin or large pores. would def. repurchase this.

on 5/7/2009 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is a DEFINITE keeper for me! I've read reviews regarding this product and the raves it was receiving. So I thought to myself, "Well, why not spend money on make-up once again and try it out?!" Well, the $21 dollars (plus tax) I spent on it was WELL WORTH IT!

I have 8+ hours days with school and work and it's very important for my make-up to stay in place and NOT slide off. Blessed with an oily skin (sarcasm people), I've tried multiple products out there to keep the oilies at bay. I've tried blotting powders (from MAC, which made my face cakey, gross and unsanitary), ant-shine (from Smashbox, worked alright, but after an hour, I was already shiny) and last, but not the least, milk of magnesia (worked okay, but the application took longer than I had hoped for). With this MAC's Prep + Prime, it's the only product that has kept my oiliness at bay longer than ANY anti-shine products I've tried in the past. I didn't think a white (colorless on your face) powder would do the trick, but it did! I apply this powder twice, BEFORE and AFTER applying make-up. Below is my make-up routine (steps 6-8 vary as I don't go by this every day).

1.) Moisturizer (Neutrogena's Oil Free Fresh Moisture)
2.) Primer (Smashbox Photo Finish in Original)
3.) MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (with a brush)
4.) Concealer (MAC Select Moisturecover in NW 20)
5.) Mineral foundation/Powder foundation (Everyday Minerals [Winged Butter & Olive Medium mixed in Intensive formula] OR Make Up For Ever's Duo Mat Powder Foundation [shade #207])
6.) Bronzer (NARS Casino or Bare Escentuals' Faux Tan)
7.) Blush (MAC Blushbaby)
8.) Highlighter (NARS Albatross)
9.) Eyebrows (MAC Brow Gel in Show Off then filled in with MAC Brun eyeshadow)
10.) MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (with a brush)

I have noticed that this transparent powder made my skin smoother prior and after putting on make-up. The amount I use on my face varies, because I apply a little more on my nose, forehead and cheek area. I've also noticed that my undereye concealer hasn't creased once I began this powder. My big issue with anti-shine products in the past was that it'd keep my face matte only for an hour (if not less, after applying my make-up, depending on the weather) and the oils begin to show. This powder blows ALL of the products I've used in the past. Oilies didn't begin to show until mid-day and my face when I got home felt lighter and less oily. If you have the same issue as I do, this product is very well worth it for the price.

P.S. I heard this is limited edition. If it's true, I'll make sure I get back-ups. :)

on 5/10/2009 10:11:00 PM

my face is itchy (mostly the mouth area) but gorgeous.

it's doesn't make me ashy. My skin has to get used to it, though.