MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

on 9/18/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

pros:
- blurs the skin's texture
- gives that soft finish i really enjoy
- extends the wear of my foundation

cons:
- expensive
- very small amount (only 9g to a jar - MUFE loose powder is 10g and covergirl is 20g)

repurchase: yes, it's the best loose powder i've used thus far.

on 3/11/2015 5:43:00 AM

Perfect powder for setting my foundation! Soft, light and velvety, applies smoothly and the overall finish doesn't cake or feel heavy. No complaints for basic everyday use :-) However... I will only use this powder for daytime wear to work, as it helps my foundation last throughout the day. For all the other times (nights out/special occasions) I avoid this product completely. Flash photography will leave you with a ghostly white flashback face :-( which is a real shame as this is actually a really good powder. Apart from this one flaw I have found, I would still recommend this product to anyone looking for a good finishing powder as it does the job and it is perfect for daytime wear! Just beware of the flash ;-) xo

on 5/16/2011 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wonnnderful powder! Normally I'm not a powder person at all. I don't ever use powder on my skin, I don't set my liquid foundation with powder etc.. But this! This is virtually invisible. It's a translucent powder, so finely milled - I know this expression is overused, I just can't help but stress how airy and light it feels, comparing to so many sand-like products out there. I use it to set my concealer (wether in the under-eye area or wherever else applied), and it doesn't show one bit. Not even in day light. Not even when you stick your nose to the mirror. First loose powder I've ever owned, and the fact that it actually stood out to me is pretty amazing. I've come to trust it now. I know it will never cake up on me, it will never have that powdery look to it, no matter how much I pack on, and it will give me a nice, matte, long-lasting, polished look. I kinda feel like I'm not the one to explore its full potential and durability, as I don't have oily skin, but if you look at it from the other side of the spectrum, the sole fact that a powder product can look so good on dry skin without making it look patchy and flaky, is just impressive. I don't even think it's necessary to comment on the packaging since what's inside is so great. Recommended for those who love their pro results.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Want your makeup to stay put allllll day/night? Buy this amazing stuff & chances are you will fall in love. It's by far the best setting powder I've ever encountered. If you use too much you can get a very slight white-ish look, I swirl on a tiny bit more bronzer after and it blends right in. Between this and fix + spray i have no need to look for anything else. I've got all the staying power one could need! I really don't want to ever be without this.

on 2/17/2010 1:14:00 PM

We got this product in my makeup course. When I put it over my eyeshadow and my mac fluidline it makes my eye makeup (on my hooded eyes) stay in place.

on 12/14/2009 2:17:00 AM

I got this in the summer hoping that it would control my oil....well...it worked better than my other powders but i still got oily on my t-zone...anyway, it's one of the better powders but still looking for my HG...
on the plus side, it did cover my pores and made my face smoother...it also gave me a great finish...it didn't cakey or made my face look powdered down...and it's good to use in the winter...might buy it again for winter use..

almost forgot...i hate the packing!!!it's so messy and i always spill a lot of the product when i use it...

Brilliant product, I am on my second. The sifter allows too mush powder through and it is messy but I put some sticky tape over the sifter and poked fewer holes in it. It sets my foundation without altering the colour. Much better than using MSF natural.

on 11/2/2009 12:37:00 AM

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with almost everyone on this product =(. Based on other reviews, I was expecting a product that would make me look poreless, and blurs all my "imperfections" while making me less oily. I'd have to say no to everything. My pores looked exactly the same, my few "imperfections" were still very clearly there and this made me more oily than Maybelline Dream Matte powder- I have to blot within 3 hours and I don't even have very oily skin. In fact, I thought this was like the MUFE HD powder (which also did nothing for me) so now I have 2 barely used translucent powders that do nothing- on me anyways. I did try to useing vaying amounts but nothing worked. One note- I don't wear foundation, just a base so maybe that's why it doesn't seem to work? But then again, I can't remember exactly which one but either one or both of the powders said that I can use it on a bare face and none of them said specifically that it only works over foundation. So, in the end I was very disappointed with this. It did absolutely nothing for me.

on 8/28/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Iv been looking for a setting powder with no colour that doesnt cake up on my face and make my dry skin even worse and this is amazing!!! I really wasnt getting my hopes up with this stuff thinking it wouldnt do anything and would be the same as everything else but I was wrong... So silky and smooth and perfect, glides on - does not catch in my dry skin, gives my skin a lovely glow and is just the best!!! Does exactly what it says
Totally impressed - bit messy to get out the tub but never mind! Will update in a week or so to see how im getting on :)

on 6/16/2009 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry skin and just wanted something to make it appear smoother and make cover up a little redness since I rarely wear foundation. It doesn't really help with the redness but it does make my skin appear much better. It does not accentuate dry patches or flakes, it actually makes my skin appear less dry because to the luminous quality. I would definitely repurchase! Oh like others have said, don't peel off the sticker, i just peeled it back 1/3 and it's less messy that way.