MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.2

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I actually went to the MAC store intending to buy Prep + Prime Refined Zone, only to discover that they were completely out and only had this powder in stock. The MA gave me some good news: I was mistaken in thinking Refined Zone would control my oily t-zone better than the Finishing Powder. Desperate (I was buying this to use for prom), I quickly bought the powder and hurried home to test it out. Turns out it was smooth and clear. I didn't see too much of a difference but I liked the slightly matte but not dull appearance of my skin.
However, when prom came around it was a miracle saver. I did my makeup myself and my skin looked great all night! Even in pictures taken around 5 A.M. Of course, through the dancing part, I got oily but it wasn't embarrassing or over the top.
Now, I use a small amount everyday on top of my liquid foundation and I loveeee it! It smooths everything out and no matter how much I use it doesn't get chalky (my NW45 skin makes sure it passes the test). It just gives a slight glow. For those who like to have a nice, healthy glow minus oiliness/shininess, I definitely recommend this powder! For the results, it is definitely a well-priced product (this coming from someone who always buys drugstore makeup!) :)

on 4/19/2016 4:06:00 AM

This powder did not break me out.

It definitely mattifies. Mattifies too much in fact. I'm quite oily especially in the t-zone. I certainly don't want to look greasy but I also don't want to look so matte that there's ZERO natural shine or luminosity to my face. This is not a flattering powder. This makes me look old and eliminates any youthful glow to my skin, not that my skin is perfect or anything, it's so far from that.

I don't understand the hype and rave reviews. If you want natural looking makeup or dewy finish, don't go for this.

on 5/6/2010 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. It really is amazing. It really does make my makeup look flawless... I wear it over my select concealer (NC50) and MSF natural in dark and it looks great. I would recommend this to anyone. I spray a bit of fix plus over the top and I'm ready to go.
My only issue is the packaging; the number of times I've opened it and it's gone everywhere is ridiculous so Mac could improve on that. It is slightly pricey but I'm not surprised considering it is MAC, it is worth the price though. One of my makeup must haves. x

on 3/24/2012 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
-It looks very natural
-It conceals pores quite well
-No extra coverage, which makes makeup look very natural

Cons:
-It smells unpleasant
-Lasting power (until my face is oily) is no different from my $3 Maybelline powder

When you first buy this powder, cut the sticker and remove just a small piece of it so that only one or two holes are open. This avoids messiness and wastage whenever you open the lid :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this stuff. I bought it after reading reviews on here, and I'm so glad I did!
This stuff is a white, extremley finely milled powder that's suitable for any skintone. I have senstive combination skin and this soaks up the shine on my t-zone without emphasising my dry patched on my cheeks.
because it's so finely milled, you'd have to put on half a pot on your face before it gets cakey and it just give you an airbrushed look.
I apply using a large fluffly powder brush. If I'm going out all night, I'll buff it in using a small kabuki.
Just a little point, next time I buy one (tomorrow, hopefully) I am not going to rip back the cover and just pierce a few small holes in it because it tips out into the lid like nobodys business!

anyway, I love this product, and...dare I say it, a HG for me!

If in doubt as to what colour of powder you need, use this powder. Its white in the pot but goes on transparent so you dont get any blotchiness. No amount will make you look chalky its ultra-fine and doesnt take away the glow from your face, in fact if I use excess, it makes my foundation go darker not whiter (the powder must interact with the oils on my face). This mattifies very well, although my skin is not incredibly oily so Im not the best judge of that. Makes all my make up last, even when I really layer on the coverage, this powder sets everything so well for that flawless look. It makes my skin makeup water-resistant. When I splash my face with water it does NOT come off. That being said, it is still easy to take your make up off when you actually want to take it off e.g. with cleanser. Its just one of those weird things.
I wish however, they made this into a pressed powder compact with a mirror as this does get messy..
I use a duo fibre brush i.e. MAC 187 with this to lightly dust on power evenly.
Shockingly small amount of product, and yet it lasts you only need a light dusting. Ive never tried the MUFE HD powder, but I dont think I will. This does a great job for a slightly more reasonable price. From my personal research this seems like the best value transparent setting powder currently still on the market.
N.B. Do not open the black film cover fully, only halfway as the sifter allows a lot of product out but not in again.

Mac prep and prime transparent Loose Powder is good compared to pressed compact powder. Loose powder gives the face the effect of clear skin concealing pores but we should be aware that it photographs like ghost face when applied heavily. Ahhh I photographed in an occasion like ghost but for HD videos it captures us very beautifully. I like Mac CC loose powders than transparent powder as it has little tint of colour to it and acts as good skin corrector too based on our skin issues. I love Mac CC loose powder in adjust shade, it brightens our face. This transparent powder won't work well for dark skin and light skin too. As it contains silica it blurs pores and give clear looking soft face. It helps in absorbing oil for oily skin when used for touch ups. Dry skin girls, be aware of using it gently as it accentuates dry spots. Powder flies when fan is on, switch off fan and apply loose powder. Mac loose powder is costly compared to quantity it contains. It finishes soon to buy another. Other brands too have good loose powder in this price but with more quantity. Finally it is an nice product but costly. My recommendation is to buy prep and prime loose powder when we are confused in choosing correct shade for our skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After seeing various make up artists use this powder, I decided to purchase it and give it a go.
-The amount of product is not worth the price. But, a little goes a long way so at least I'll be getting my money's worth.
-I love that it is translucent but it makes my face look slightly pale.
-I love that it applies smoothly and gives yours skin a silky finish.
-It keeps my oily skin under control and helps my foundation stay on longer.
-Does not work well with flash photos.
Despite all the positive, I would not be repurchasing this product.

on 9/30/2013 12:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After all the hype about this product I thought I'd go for it and order it from MAC. At first I thought it was a waste of money and did nothing for me, however, I was so wrong! It's keeps makeup on longer and adds soft focus to the face. I'm glad I have tried it but will probably will try Make Up Forevers HD powder once this runs outs.

on 7/8/2012 8:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The powder was really fine that my skin looked super soft and flawless after applying, though this also meant that the powder easily blew off when I opened the casing. The holes in the case were too large compared to the particles that it wastes a lot of the product when I tap the excess powder off my powder brush. It didn't leave a tell-tale white cast on my skin, which was great, but it made my sensitive skin feel a bit itchy. I use this occassionally for my "oily skin days" as I can go up to six hours without needing any oil blotting papers when I use this. I probably won't be buying this since baby powder does a decent job of setting my makeup and controlling the oil without the itchiness and at under a quarter of the price!